Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Can we set certain categories to certain games

OP RejectedGalaxy

I know it's not possible right now but I really wish it was. For example I really hate Slayer in Reach. It's complete garbage I'll sit here and shoot a guy for 10 years, he sprints around a corner and I get shot and killed from behind. Over and over and over and over. But I love slayer in Halo: CE. I'd hate to turn Slayer off just because I hate it in Reach. Would 343 be willing to consider adding this option and maybe even more options like queuing for multiple team sizes at once like 4v4, 8v8, FFA, etc.
Instead of turning Slayer off, you can uncheck Reach instead when you're searching. Just turn it back on again if you want to search another mode that you're ok playing Reach in. Searching multiple team size would be cool, can't remember if that was marked as a noted request already or not
stckrboy wrote:
Instead of turning Slayer off, you can uncheck Reach instead when you're searching. Just turn it back on again if you want to search another mode that you're ok playing Reach in. Searching multiple team size would be cool, can't remember if that was marked as a noted request already or not
The problem is I still want to play Slayer in CE but I also want to play Reach's other game modes and queue for them at the same time. It just sucks I have to choose either not play Reach or not play CE Slayer. My main request was basically just asking if the game modes could be a per game basis rather than a global setting.
stckrboy wrote:
The problem is I still want to play Slayer in CE but I also want to play Reach's other game modes and queue for them at the same time. It just sucks I have to choose either not play Reach or not play CE Slayer. My main request was basically just asking if the game modes could be a per game basis rather than a global setting.
When Halo 2/3 comes out I only want to play those games I dont want to cross play reach or ce. I hope they have some kind of solution for this.
ReZeNeR wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
When Halo 2/3 comes out I only want to play those games I dont want to cross play reach or ce. I hope they have some kind of solution for this.
Well you can uncheck the reach and CE box though. That system is already in the game. The feature I'm requesting isn't in the game right now.
ReZeNeR wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Well you can uncheck the reach and CE box though. That system is already in the game. The feature I'm requesting isn't in the game right now.
This happened to me yesterday. I wanted to play Reach auto slayer and CE precision slayer, but as the latter playlist was more populated, I was nearly always getting Reach precision slayer. Also, I'd sometimes get CE AR only starts. It's just a limitation of the Match Composer that could be fixed in the future. Right now, it offers enough variety so they should focus in fixing bugs and other things.
Seconding this. I'd like to queue for Auto Slayer in Reach but Precision Slayer in CE.
I completely agree. If I want to queue for CE Slayer and Reach Action Sack I should be able to tell the game I do NOT want to queue for Reach Slayer and I do NOT want to queue for CE Action Sack so that I get matched in a game of either CE Slayer OR Reach AS and nothing else.
This sounds really complicated. I think it's just easier to make changes to your selection after each match if you wanna mix things up.
omarlotrc wrote:
This sounds really complicated. I think it's just easier to make changes to your selection after each match if you wanna mix things up.
I don't know it doesn't seem too complicated to me. If they introduced this along with being able to queue for multiple team sizes we would have so much more customizability with how we queue for matches.
ReZeNeR wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Once H2 is on PC, i'll only be searching H2, that's how it is for me on xbox right now, just H2