Skip to main content
Anyone have some real bad co-op lag ? i mean 2 - 3 seconds at time ?

I can handle some but this is unplayable , me and my friends were wanting to play but its bad.
agreed, i was just looking for someone else posting about this problem...But it's pretty hardcore on the input lag^
My friend and I were playing coop campaign earlier and he was complaining of input delay. I didn’t experience any which I believe is down to me hosting the game. When we then went into matchmaking he said all lag was gone but it didn’t seem like a dealbreaker for him.

Are any of you that are experiencing really bad lag playing from different countries or just really far apart geographically because I don’t think coop uses dedicated servers.
I was experiencing a very bad input lag when I was playing with a family member. He was hosting and I joined his party, and he had no issues, most likely because of being host, but I, on the other hand, had to endure about half-second delays on any input, from keypress to mouse click and unclicks. I was also experiencing quite a bit of stuttering, and when we swapped who was hosting I ran the game perfectly fine, but in turn, he had input lag and stuttering as well. We were also playing from about 3 hours away from each other, something that has never made a difference in the past. I think this should be something that should definitely be looked to be fixed by the team, cause I don't think we could be the only ones that are experiencing this, and I know I am not very happy about buying the whole bundle if it is all going to work like this with the other games.
Yeah something is up for sure. I played with a friend who lives 10 miles from me max he had half a sec delay on inputs, was almost unplayable. After awhile i got another friend in who lives across the world , im in the uk hes in brazil. We tried a coop game, and the delay was exactly the same half second imput delay. Now you think being half way across the world would make an even larger difference. Also keep in mind the friend from bazil has terrible internet compared to me and other other friend whos also in the uk.
So from this id say there is defo something up with the coop connection.
Yea i hope 343/microsoft look into this there is defo something up never had this issue on xbox certainly not to this degree.
Campaign is P2P to my knowledge, only the matchmaking has dedicated servers. So, the lag could actually be whoever the host of the game is not having a strong connection; or those connecting to said host having poor connections.
This is how it was on the Xbone as well, except for halo 4. I'm not sure why nor am i excusing them for this. It's unacceptable and there needs to be a fix.
DogNutsTV wrote:
This is how it was on the Xbone as well, except for halo 4. I'm not sure why nor am i excusing them for this. It's unacceptable and there needs to be a fix.
yea it was there but on pc its so bad and i mean bad :(
yeh on xbox it iwasnt the best but you could defo deal with it and get use to it. but on pc its pretty much unplayble, and impossible if you want to play on say legendary.
Prof Black wrote:
My friend and I were playing coop campaign earlier and he was complaining of input delay. I didn’t experience any which I believe is down to me hosting the game. When we then went into matchmaking he said all lag was gone but it didn’t seem like a dealbreaker for him.

Are any of you that are experiencing really bad lag playing from different countries or just really far apart geographically because I don’t think coop uses dedicated servers.
My friend and I just tried to play last night and we live streets apart and there was horrible input lag for him so we had him host and there was horrible input lag for me as well, i believe it is just a kink that still needs ironed out and i hope they do so quickly.
Is there any talk of them fixing this soon, I would love to experience reach on legendary again with my friends just like the old days but so far it is still unplayable
Yeah co-op campaign is unplayable.
Still no fix to this? What a pain in the -Yoink-.
Can't believe that not only they didn't bother with split screen, they didn't bother to fix issues with co-op campaign. Do 343 know what Halo is about?
Unplayable in co-op plese fix huge input lag