1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
I personally feel like controllers should be excluded from PC matchmaking entirely. There is literally an entire platform out there for controller users, and it feels like the inclusion of controllers just creates more problems. When you move to another platform you should expect to change your input method. If you own a PC, you own a Mouse and Keyboard; so why not make players use them?

I get the point of choice, and in some cases accessibility. But, in a multiplayer game; if using another input method creates so many balance problems, it should be axed entirely from the online multiplayer experience. In regards to balance, it would be healthier for the game overall.
What kinda nonsense is this? Are you really saying that the game I payed 40$ on should exclude me and others from playing multiplayer with a controller that I have been playing with since Halo 3 and Reach over this? How is it fair to those of us who wanted to get the PC version of the game for the added benefits that the console version couldn't have such as nexus modding or play with controllers simply out of preference? This would kill the game faster than if you were to just keep things as is. Why should I have to buy a several hundred dollar console and Halo MCC a second time just to appease you?
-whatever this guy said-
What kinda nonsense is this? Are you really saying that the game I payed 40$ on should exclude me and others from playing multiplayer with a controller that I have been playing with since Halo 3 and Reach over this? How is it fair to those of us who wanted to get the PC version of the game for the added benefits that the console version couldn't have such as nexus modding or play with controllers simply out of preference? This would kill the game faster than if you were to just keep things as is. Why should I have to buy a several hundred dollar console and Halo MCC a second time just to appease you?
Because the GODS demand sacrifice brother. Now are you a Spartan or a Heretic?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Slickini wrote:
I personally feel like controllers should be excluded from PC matchmaking entirely. There is literally an entire platform out there for controller users, and it feels like the inclusion of controllers just creates more problems. When you move to another platform you should expect to change your input method. If you own a PC, you own a Mouse and Keyboard; so why not make players use them?

I get the point of choice, and in some cases accessibility. But, in a multiplayer game; if using another input method creates so many balance problems, it should be axed entirely from the online multiplayer experience. In regards to balance, it would be healthier for the game overall.
What kind of nonsense is this to use a controller on a PC FPS game? Are you really saying that the game I payed 30 bucks shouldn't demoralize me from playing multiplayer against soft aimbots that makes the game totally unplayable and unfair, despite the fact I use a mouse and keyboard for years? How is it fair to those of us who wanted to get the PC version of the game for pure mkb competitive play? This KILLED the game MUCH faster than if you were to remove controller support. Why controller support should be a thing on PC COMPETITIVE FPS games just to appease the so called "console peasants"?
In order of each point. It's simply how I prefer gaming and I been more than capable of holding my own against other mouse and keyboard players even in other games outside of Halo MCC. Yes. Get good scrub. Severe doubt. Imagine still being a le epic PC master race in 2020 and I haven't owned a console in several years.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Okay, I am just going to throw this out there. The alternative is to turn AA off on controllers right? So what do you all think would happen? The exact opposite. M&K will dominate and controllers will might as well be removed at that point. Games like Battlefield where players cant jump as high or strafe as fast as Halo are ok with no AA on controllers because of this yet M&K still have an advantage.

The only way anything will be done is if common ground is found on this dilemma. As Halo was originally designed for a controller and many PC players decided to play primarily with a controller before the issue was discovered at this extent. If AA is removed ENTIRELY from controllers then it will be worse for controller users then what M&K players are experiencing now.

As well it really seems like M&K are heavily exaggerating the issue causing it to lose legitimacy. Common ground needs to found and hopefully input searching will fix this in the future.
When M&K is implemented smoothly it dominates controllers even with aim assist. It's far better for aiming and it's not debatable. The problem is that it seems the M&K in MCC isn't implemented that well.

That said, common ground is irrelevant now because if I remember correctly they're going to add input based matchmaking where you'll have the option to make it so M&K players only play against other M&K players and Controller players only play against controller players.
You can say M&K 'dominates' but that isnt true but i doubt me trying to reason with you will change your mind so i wont waste my time with that. That same mentality is the reason why most games gimp controllers users for this falsely perceived view that controllers cant compete w/o help. That is false and i am proof of that.... Can a mouse aim slightly faster and more efficient then a controller? Yes it can, but that does not mean a controller user cant compete fairly with M&K because it CAN.

adding input based matchmaking will split the community up FAR more then doing the RIGHT thing and removing aim assist entirely from MP and all inputs play together fairly.

I will never understand this ridicules M&K superiority crap, look beyond your ego to make the game better for everyone. REMOVE THE ASSISTS
What? It is true. Mouse and Keyboard is a superior aiming device even against controllers with aim assist and this is coming from a controller user who accepts the disadvantage. The idea that it isn't is delusional and the idea that controllers can compete without aim assist is just blatantly lying. Removing aim assist isn't "the right thing" it's simply moronic to make that assertion. The issue with MCC is that the Mouse aiming is atrocious and isn't done well in most of the games in MCC and your're playing against a community who's been using the controller for nearly 20 years.

Regardless none of this matters, because your assertion about input based matchmaking is incorrect. It will split the community sure but Crossplay (which is supposed to be implemented around the same time) will keep the population high enough and is far less than what would occur if the controller users get butchered. As for ego, there's not one stop making baseless assumptions.
The game i played from 2001 its already dead . 9.25 am Chicago only 5,141 players world wide ! Looked the Steam Top 100 games ----
Halo: The Master Chief Collection last 2 or 5 place from bottom . I Stop play game 2 weeks later after game release date , Why ? Because of AIM.Assist . Aim assist stop Halo PC players enjoy infinity of HALO .
Okay, I am just going to throw this out there. The alternative is to turn AA off on controllers right? So what do you all think would happen? The exact opposite. M&K will dominate and controllers will might as well be removed at that point. Games like Battlefield where players cant jump as high or strafe as fast as Halo are ok with no AA on controllers because of this yet M&K still have an advantage.

The only way anything will be done is if common ground is found on this dilemma. As Halo was originally designed for a controller and many PC players decided to play primarily with a controller before the issue was discovered at this extent. If AA is removed ENTIRELY from controllers then it will be worse for controller users then what M&K players are experiencing now.

As well it really seems like M&K are heavily exaggerating the issue causing it to lose legitimacy. Common ground needs to found and hopefully input searching will fix this in the future.
When M&K is implemented smoothly it dominates controllers even with aim assist. It's far better for aiming and it's not debatable. The problem is that it seems the M&K in MCC isn't implemented that well.

That said, common ground is irrelevant now because if I remember correctly they're going to add input based matchmaking where you'll have the option to make it so M&K players only play against other M&K players and Controller players only play against controller players.
You can say M&K 'dominates' but that isnt true but i doubt me trying to reason with you will change your mind so i wont waste my time with that. That same mentality is the reason why most games gimp controllers users for this falsely perceived view that controllers cant compete w/o help. That is false and i am proof of that.... Can a mouse aim slightly faster and more efficient then a controller? Yes it can, but that does not mean a controller user cant compete fairly with M&K because it CAN.

adding input based matchmaking will split the community up FAR more then doing the RIGHT thing and removing aim assist entirely from MP and all inputs play together fairly.

I will never understand this ridicules M&K superiority crap, look beyond your ego to make the game better for everyone. REMOVE THE ASSISTS
What? It is true. Mouse and Keyboard is a superior aiming device even against controllers with aim assist and this is coming from a controller user who accepts the disadvantage. The idea that it isn't is delusional and the idea that controllers can compete without aim assist is just blatantly lying. Removing aim assist isn't "the right thing" it's simply moronic to make that assertion. The issue with MCC is that the Mouse aiming is atrocious and isn't done well in most of the games in MCC and your're playing against a community who's been using the controller for nearly 20 years.

Regardless none of this matters, because your assertion about input based matchmaking is incorrect. It will split the community sure but Crossplay (which is supposed to be implemented around the same time) will keep the population high enough and is far less than what would occur if the controller users get butchered. As for ego, there's not one stop making baseless assumptions.
We can agree to disagree then, Ive played many PC games like BF3 that have controller support on PC but no AA and no way to turn it on. You know what? I dominated in that game against M/KB PC players often being in the top 3 in k/d and score and that is the same for me in BF4 as well.

I completely understand if the mouse does not 'feel' right in Halo MCC compared to other PC fps games. Those sentiments are similar in how i feel about other games that make the controller feel like crap. It is unfortunate and i hope things get better for the Mouse but dont FORCE me to use a HANDICAP like AA to play a game i love with a controller when i DO NOT need it or want it.

It's a different platform, bud. And, you're not excluded, you just need to learn to use M+KB. The learning curve isn't even a big one, when I moved from console to PC for the first time it took me maybe two days to get totally in the swing of things. And, it wouldn't kill anything; if you have a gaming PC as most people playing this game probably do, you'll have used M+KB in other games to begin with. It's not a lot to ask.

My opinion is unchanged. It would be better for balance to remove controller support in matchmaking. Keep it in campaign, customs, or whatever; but it is unhealthy in its current state for matchmaking.
This has already been talked about a thousand times... leave it alone... They will deal with it the best they can.
Poomba2030 wrote:
The game i played from 2001 its already dead . 9.25 am Chicago only 5,141 players world wide ! Looked the Steam Top 100 games ----
Halo: The Master Chief Collection last 2 or 5 place from bottom . I Stop play game 2 weeks later after game release date , Why ? Because of AIM.Assist . Aim assist stop Halo PC players enjoy infinity of HALO .
Wow. You are pathetic. Get over it dude. Aim assist is not that crazy. I have been completely fine on M&K against controller. It is true what they say about people like you... Get good mate... like for real. It's not like they have an actual aim bot. I'm not saying they don't have an advantage, but you do realize the game was built for controller right?
I stopped playing because a lack of games, no crossplay, and no forge and custom games practically. But when all that comes out I'll be hooked on this game. Aim assist is the least of my worries.

Wow. You are all pathetic. Get over it dude. Aim assist is not that crazy. I have been completely fine on M&K against controller. It is true what they say about people like you... Get good mate... like for real. It's not like they have an actual aim bot. I'm not saying they don't have an advantage, but you do realize the game was built for controller right?

We can agree to disagree then, Ive played many PC games like BF3 that have controller support on PC but no AA and no way to turn it on. You know what? I dominated in that game against M/KB PC players often being in the top 3 in k/d and score and that is the same for me in BF4 as well.

I completely understand if the mouse does not 'feel' right in Halo MCC compared to other PC fps games. Those sentiments are similar in how i feel about other games that make the controller feel like crap. It is unfortunate and i hope things get better for the Mouse but dont FORCE me to use a HANDICAP like AA to play a game i love with a controller when i DO NOT need it or want it.
Battlefield plays differently then Halo. In Halo players strafe faster and jump higher all more frequently as well. Halo would be extremely difficult to compete with a controller with no AA. It would just reverse the situation we have now but even more extreme.

It's a different platform, bud. And, you're not excluded, you just need to learn to use M+KB. The learning curve isn't even a big one, when I moved from console to PC for the first time it took me maybe two days to get totally in the swing of things. And, it wouldn't kill anything; if you have a gaming PC as most people playing this game probably do, you'll have used M+KB in other games to begin with. It's not a lot to ask.

My opinion is unchanged. It would be better for balance to remove controller support in matchmaking. Keep it in campaign, customs, or whatever; but it is unhealthy in its current state for matchmaking.
What does "it's a different platform bud" even matter? It's PC, the land of choices. Plus K&M support is already on many games on consoles and more on the way like MCC.

This type of logic is completely broken anyway on both platforms but especially PC. On console people can get better controllers like the Elites that give a distinct advantage. PC? It's even worse someone could have way better hardware then you and an even better K&M that makes most games "unfair" anyway. The fact people are complaining about controllers is hilarious after years of PC elitists claiming that K&M support is better by far. That is until controllers are given a fair chance.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Bro especially if you're aiming at a group of people and Aim Assist gets confused.
I had my complaints with reach especially - the DMR when strafing was just so much easier with aim assist.

I do however, think they’ve nailed it pretty well with Halo 3. There’s enough magnetism in the bullets to offset the aim assist. I can often beat controller players in a BR scrap if I aim well enough.
KnightFJS wrote:
Aim assist is not that crazy.
Is the same as saying covid 19 is a hoax.
"Get good" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1wgBovU4c
You're misreading my point I am saying aim assist is broken.

Battlefield plays differently then Halo. In Halo players strafe faster and jump higher all more frequently as well. Halo would be extremely difficult to compete with a controller with no AA. It would just reverse the situation we have now but even more extreme.

Yes halo and BF are two different games but the basics are the same, you aim and shoot at a moving target and sometimes those targets are fast moving in BOTH games... You can easily go do a co op mission on halo and friendly fire each other to see how 'terrible' difficult it is to kill one another and its not that hard but i guess when your used to the game aiming for you it may be hard for you.

Here is me in BF using a controller with maxed sensitivity and no AA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdSU_MRNeIE

Here is COD Black ops with 9 sensitivity and no AA. Sorry for the poor quality it was made a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4LKTBdouOw

I would love to see you play like that in these games with a controller, I bet you couldn't even hit a tank with my settings. I promise you i can compete just fine with M/KB players on PC with my controller with NO help from any form of AA.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7