Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

cross play will kill off any xbox players left!!

OP BIGDADDY B0MBER

ifd you are a fortnite player you soon found out that its dominated by pc players now. i dont care how good you are the pcs are faster, more accurate and can mod with noreprocussions. thats the first thing they said is that xbox will be monitored but pc they have no way too. I expect this to happen to halo as well and i gaurntee you it wont be your regular lag itll be pcers modded or doin whatver they want in a game with no regualtion. whos gonna regulate pcers? nobody!! their gonna expect us to what file complaints? seriously if pcs and xbox cross platform in halo it ll be a whole new ball of crap that the community or whats left of it will have a problem with ofcourse other then the pcers that ll steam roll yas. JUST MY OPINION OFCOURSE.
No it wont.Have you played Halo Online or Halo 5 Forge on PC? Controllers with aim assist can hold their own against PC players. Relax
We do not know if crossplay will be a thing, or even if it is in MCC there is a possibility it could be a "opt-in" option. I think 343 would understand the advantage that PC gives a player over a console and would take measures to ensure that Xbox users don't receive unfair treatment.
ifd you are a fortnite player you soon found out that its dominated by pc players now. i dont care how good you are the pcs are faster, more accurate and can mod with noreprocussions. thats the first thing they said is that xbox will be monitored but pc they have no way too. I expect this to happen to halo as well and i gaurntee you it wont be your regular lag itll be pcers modded or doin whatver they want in a game with no regualtion. whos gonna regulate pcers? nobody!! their gonna expect us to what file complaints? seriously if pcs and xbox cross platform in halo it ll be a whole new ball of crap that the community or whats left of it will have a problem with ofcourse other then the pcers that ll steam roll yas. JUST MY OPINION OFCOURSE.
well lets go through this piece by piece.
1. PC has ways to monitor for moding and is usually better at it than anything else (look at CSGO and EASY anticheat). PC cheaters often face consequences fairly quickly from most companies. I don't know where people get the notion that PC is an unregulated wasteland of hackers.
2. when it comes to skill based MP the people using PCs will quickly be sorted off from the more clunky controllers so that really wont be a problem you face all that much.
3. no conformation of crossplay so this thread is completely pointless until it has been confirmed.
Well, they can use a filter to divide players with mouse and keyboard from the people who plays with a controller or just use the crossplay with Custom games, campaign and Spartan Ops (but as far as I know, the crossplay has not been confirmed yet)...
smasher555 wrote:
well lets go through this piece by piece.
1. PC has ways to monitor for moding and is usually better at it than anything else (look at CSGO and EASY anticheat). PC cheaters often face consequences fairly quickly from most companies. I don't know where people get the notion that PC is an unregulated wasteland of hackers.
2. when it comes to skill based MP the people using PCs will quickly be sorted off from the more clunky controllers so that really wont be a problem you face all that much.
3. no conformation of crossplay so this thread is completely pointless until it has been confirmed.
this thread is not pointless itsd about having AN OPINION FROM NOT JUST ME BUT ALOT OF XBOX HALO PLAYERS FOR YEARS. thats whats forums are about is people communicating and letting their opinions out to either further a conversation or ideas etc... not to say thats stupid and shut it down.
Cross play would probably be a net positive for player count, community interest, popularity, and matchmaking times I think. There could always be platform-specific matchmaking playlists. Then if you are feeling adventurous, you could go into one of the cross-play playlists. :)
Lmao dude you have no idea of you're talking about, I'm really not going to get into this but if you are worried about cheaters they are extremely rare on PC unlike popular beliefs
I play Halo 5 Forge on PC every once in a while. And let me tell you, I use an Xbox Controller and basically wipe the floor with these fools who are using Mouse and Keyboard. Hell, they complain and say that using a controller is basically cheating because of the aim assist.
Vakuf wrote:
No it wont.Have you played Halo Online or Halo 5 Forge on PC? Controllers with aim assist can hold their own against PC players. Relax
I legit can barely ever tell the difference in H5F, once in a blue I ask and some of the better players I’ve ran into that got into the more impressive gun battles are also using controller. People are worried about nothing.

Destitrash 2 I played on PC as well on controller usually because I was used to it and living room PC’d, just to experience at 4K/60 instead of the godawful 30fps console version. Again, rarely if ever felt outmatched. Legitimately would win 99% of the gun battles thanks to Halo fundamentals when it comes to strafing, mixing up your strafe, etc. I’m fact the aim assist actually was a bigger advantage at medium range gun battles. Kbm would definitely turn around faster and such, but I hardly ever felt overwhelmed due to it. Strategy would beat us, not a godly shot or such.
I have but one thing to say that completely proves your ignorance:

PC players don't match with people console players on Fortnite if they're using mouse and keyboard. Therefore, you're merely being beaten by better console players and are looking for an excuse.

/thread.
Or add mouse and keyboard support for console MCC. Few games on xbox are starting to add this support already, I just hope ever sane FPS dev will give that freedom to those who play on console
I actually think the absence of crossplay "will kill off any xbox players left". I'm moving to play it on PC when it becomes available and I assume others will as well, reducing the xbox pool. The best thing to do would be add crossplay and either make it toggleable which platform you want to vs, or better yet, be able to search for types of inputs you prefer since some PC players would use a controller as well, however small of an amount; a PC player with a controller vs an xbox player with a controller would be no different. Honestly, on eldewrito, some people held their own with a controller against KB+M players.

-Crossplay is a YES
-Make it optional in multiple ways: Platform/Input.
We do not know if crossplay will be a thing, or even if it is in MCC there is a possibility it could be a "opt-in" option. I think 343 would understand the advantage that PC gives a player over a console and would take measures to ensure that Xbox users don't receive unfair treatment.
I seriously hope it's an opt in or opt out for playing with PC players in general. I only want to play with console players and occasional PC players that I actually know so as to avoid the inevitable wave of cheaters and people using macros for combos.
Crossplay won't kill off anything. Just don't pit controller players against mouse and keyboard players. I'm pretty sure Gears 4 had no problem with this.
I seriously hope it's an opt in or opt out for playing with PC players in general. I only want to play with console players and occasional PC players that I actually know so as to avoid the inevitable wave of cheaters and people using macros for combos.
Cheating happens on console too or have we forgotten Stand-by'ers, Blue screen, bridging connection host, button combo's (viewed as cheating by Bungie at the time), modders (Halo 2 and the 360 titles), boosting, glitching in ranked MM (superbouncing) etc.

Like PC, they are a small portion of the overall community and the likelihood of encountering a cheater even on PC is much smaller than people are lead to believe.
CoLDxFiRE wrote:
I play Halo 5 Forge on PC every once in a while. And let me tell you, I use an Xbox Controller and basically wipe the floor with these fools who are using Mouse and Keyboard. Hell, they complain and say that using a controller is basically cheating because of the aim assist.
Same here. I figured it was because I knew the game so well from playing so much on console, and the pc players might be noobs mostly, but I've rarely felt outgunned on pc and often dominate. It's different on the H3 Eldewrito matches though, I am average at best on there. KB/M players seem to be way more accurate long range although mid to close range I can hold my own..mostly. I use a 360 controller on pc.
Cheating happens on console too or have we forgotten Stand-by'ers, Blue screen, bridging connection host, button combo's (viewed as cheating by Bungie at the time), modders (Halo 2 and the 360 titles), boosting, glitching in ranked MM (superbouncing) etc.

Like PC, they are a small portion of the overall community and the likelihood of encountering a cheater even on PC is much smaller than people are lead to believe.
And those cheaters on console also need to be addressed and banned as well. Adding to the list of problems doesn't fix existing problems. Also there is a much higher ratio of cheaters on PC that I do not want added to my experience.

In addition, I don't want to play against keyboard users period when my friends and I are using controllers.