I think a really cool feature that could be added to this game would be custom playlists for the campaign, which I'm fairly certain was a promised feature a long time ago. For an added challenge, I think it would be great if players could make certain skulls activate or deactivate based on which part of a level you are on. For example, playing through the mission Halo, in Halo 3, and having famine, tilt, and blackeye on for the tower climbing section, but then being able to turn those off and turn on iron for the warthog run.
epicrotfl wrote:
I think a really cool feature that could be added to this game would be custom playlists for the campaign, which I'm fairly certain was a promised feature a long time ago. For an added challenge, I think it would be great if players could make certain skulls activate or deactivate based on which part of a level you are on. For example, playing through the mission Halo, in Halo 3, and having famine, tilt, and blackeye on for the tower climbing section, but then being able to turn those off and turn on iron for the warthog run.
So you mean diffrent skulls activated and deactivated while playing one mission? i dont see point.
I like this idea
gindrE wrote:
epicrotfl wrote:
So you mean diffrent skulls activated and deactivated while playing one mission? i dont see point.
Its in case you want to have different sections have different challenges, and not have to back out of a mission to set it up. It happens in firefight, so I don't see why we can't set it up for the campaign. Halo is a Sandbox-FPS, so it might as well have more options to customize campaign difficulty.
epicrotfl wrote:
Sounds like a good idea i support this
epicrotfl wrote:
I could've sworn that they said something about being able to make your own playlists back before MCC launched. But in any case I'd love to have the ability to set up my own playlists and play the missions in whatever order I want without stopping.
epicrotfl wrote:
Sounds like a good idea i support this
epicrotfl wrote:
I could've sworn that they said something about being able to make your own playlists back before MCC launched. But in any case I'd love to have the ability to set up my own playlists and play the missions in whatever order I want without stopping.
Count me in for this too. I'd love to design my own mission playlists as well. I like the idea about the skulls also. Only change is rather than turning them on and off mid mission, just being able to turn them on and off for certain missions in our playlists would be great. There is tons of possibilities here. Hell, it would be cool if we can also choose to start missions at certain rally points, and even customize starting weapons/grenades! How about health and shield options too, plus stuff like gravity settings! This sounds great!
When I read the title I thought you were asking for 343 to make playlists using custom campaign missions made by the Halo modding community (which wouldn't ever happen until official tools are released which would be by 2021 at the earliest), which I would totally love to see. Playing Halo Custom Edition single player maps were some of the most fun I've ever had!

I do like the idea of skulls turning on and off during a mission though, as it could make replaying certain sections of missions that were too easy/boring more fun and challenging (and it could make ridiculously hard parts for example Halo 2 Legendary more fun and easier).
epicrotfl wrote:
Count me in for this too. I'd love to design my own mission playlists as well. I like the idea about the skulls also. Only change is rather than turning them on and off mid mission, just being able to turn them on and off for certain missions in our playlists would be great. There is tons of possibilities here. Hell, it would be cool if we can also choose to start missions at certain rally points, and even customize starting weapons/grenades! How about health and shield options too, plus stuff like gravity settings! This sounds great!
I like the ideas that you've added, but I still like my idea for mid-mission thing more. This is because individual missions in Halo can have a lot of variety in them, and so challenges that are good for certain areas don't always translate well to other areas. For example, the mission Long Night of Solace in Halo Reach has both regular infantry shooting sections, as well as the space section. If you wanted to make the infantry sections more interesting by having tilt and tough luck on, it would come at the cost of making the seraphs in the space section nearly unkillable due to the player not being able to effectively take down their shields. This results in the player being forced to turn off those skulls the entire mission, even if they only want to get passed that one section without them.
epicrotfl wrote:
epicrotfl wrote:
I like the ideas that you've added, but I still like my idea for mid-mission thing more. This is because individual missions in Halo can have a lot of variety in them, and so challenges that are good for certain areas don't always translate well to other areas. For example, the mission Long Night of Solace in Halo Reach has both regular infantry shooting sections, as well as the space section. If you wanted to make the infantry sections more interesting by having tilt and tough luck on, it would come at the cost of making the seraphs in the space section nearly unkillable due to the player not being able to effectively take down their shields. This results in the player being forced to turn off those skulls the entire mission, even if they only want to get passed that one section without them.
Ahh, now that you explained it like that and after thinking about it a bit, I think I’d like to see your option implemented also. You could either decide to turn on or off a skull for a whole level, for certain sections, or combinations of both. You would have total creative freedom. 343 would need to implement some sort of system to track and separate each section of a level, so the skulls know when to go on or off. I’m liking the sound of this custom playlist idea more and more. I really hope 343 can eventually add something like this or I’m going to be a bit disappointed.
epicrotfl wrote:
epicrotfl wrote:
Ahh, now that you explained it like that and after thinking about it a bit, I think I’d like to see your option implemented also. You could either decide to turn on or off a skull for a whole level, for certain sections, or combinations of both. You would have total creative freedom. 343 would need to implement some sort of system to track and separate each section of a level, so the skulls know when to go on or off. I’m liking the sound of this custom playlist idea more and more. I really hope 343 can eventually add something like this or I’m going to be a bit disappointed.
Luckily for us, the games already have something that breaks up the levels into different sections. Its the rally points that you can see when you load up a mission in the campaign menu.You many also know them as those points in the game where you see those cinematic black bars appear on your screen, accompanied by little title in the bottom left hand corner. It may not be as fine tuned as a lot of players would hope for, but its already built into the game,and could at least serve as a good starting point that could be expanded upon in the future.
I'd make an "easy XP" playlist for legendary mission completion for each game :)

Maybe when they get fileshare up, someone could share an "easy challenges" playlist each week/season.
ya
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
I'd make an "easy XP" playlist for legendary mission completion for each game :)

Maybe when they get fileshare up, someone could share an "easy challenges" playlist each week/season.
I imagine that achievements and challenges would be disabled for these types of things, but I guess it would be up to 343 to decide.
epicrotfl wrote:
D1LLYBEAN wrote:

I imagine that achievements and challenges would be disabled for these types of things, but I guess it would be up to 343 to decide.
I mean, the current challenge is "complete any mission on legendary difficulty for each game" so if i made a custom playlist with one mission from each game on legendary (no skulls), i don't see why that wouldn't count toward the challenge. It's the same as running each mission individually.

When more challenges come out (example: complete a mission with three scoring skulls enabled), i don't see why someone couldn't make a playlist that includes a good mix of missions, settings, difficulties, and skulls to help players complete campaign-related challenges more quickly or more easily.

It's 343's call, but i just see it as a quality-of-life improvement and not something that would break the game or require challenges be disabled.