How unlucky do you have to be to not get into either flighting? 10K got into this one? Goodness. I'm so ready to get playing and recording all gameplay for potential bugs to report. Raaaaaaaaaage
Not that unlucky; 10k seems like a lot until you take into account the sheer volume of people who have signed up. They haven't released exact figures but this is still "a drop in the bucket".
Can't say it doesn't feel at least a little disheartening, however, but that's just the way it is.
I feel ya on that man, but we can still play the game when it comes out. :D
Its just frustrating they are choosing for the flighting is once again a number of these Youtuber/Streamers that got in the first 1000, got chosen again. I mean I guess in the guidelines for the Insider if you participated in the previous flight, you'll most likely get chosen again but its frustrating they are still choosing alot of the same streamers in the 10000 they picked. Personally I think they should have just chosen a different group than the 1000 they chose for the last flight, then get everyone from the insider list for the upcoming flight 3.

I don't know maybe I could be wrong...
Flighting participants are chosen for a variety of criteria - previous participation in a flight, specs of your machine, I imagine quality of feedback provided as well.

Actually, here's a little more info:
https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1165323386613977088
Quote:
The 10k are selected entirely based on hardware requirements set forth by the Development Team. We do have a small list of MVP users that are partners to the studio and content creators that are invited. However that pool is very small in comparison. It's close to a 1:100 ratio.
I'm just grateful to see that progress is being made, and we may very well be seeing a late 2019 Reach release if everything goes well. Recall that after the 3rd flight, all they need are some final tweaks, bug fixes and an ok from upper management before they release.
Sorry I should apologize, I don't want to be in that group being impatient about this, we all need to be patient about this to get into a flight in the future. My build I was going to test is probably extremely high requirement (especially my CPU) for this game and probably is not something 343 is looking for right now.

I have built another computer recently from old parts maybe I should test on if that is something they might be looking for...
Hey guys, im in the UK, and I cant seem to connect to the server. I assume the flighting is happening now but I cant seem to connect> I cant use the insider support page as i get a message saying access denied, any help?
Saizeyy wrote:
Hey guys, im in the UK, and I cant seem to connect to the server. I assume the flighting is happening now but I cant seem to connect> I cant use the insider support page as i get a message saying access denied, any help?
Did you get an email invite?
Saizeyy wrote:
Don't use the link in your email for the support site as it won't work, please use one of the links below and make sure that you're signing in with the email that you used to register for the program
http://support.halowaypoint.com/ .
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/community/topics .
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031245412-Known-Issues-List-FireFlight-Aug-23-2019
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
[REDACTED]
If you cant be constructive or even patient then you really aren't the type of person that should EVER sign up for an alpha/beta style test. This is a site and system designed to help the developers bring us the best product they can, not so you can play the game a few months early ahead of everyone else. Besides, if you dont like the devs, you dont really seem to belong here anyways. byefelicia.gif
I got selected for the flighting, and don't get me wrong, it's very exciting to play a game I never thought I would see on PC without an emulator.

However, the purpose is for nothing more than testing. There are bugs every which way (that are known) and the purpose of us playing it, is to get a broader spectrum of PC configurations to see what else could be/go wrong.

So, keep the patience and stay excited. It's good so far. The devs are putting in 100% for us.
If I did get selected I will try to give honest feedback about the flight, I won't be one of those people giving crappy feedback, I want to improve to core product!
There's a lot of people amped up for this game, so I'd imagine the amount of people who signed up for the flighting program is pretty large. That said, 10k is likely a very small number in comparison to all of the applicants. It appears as of now, the only way to guarantee your participation in a flight is if you have a large YouTube or Twitch channel so you can do free marketing for 343.
Colesy2267 wrote:
It appears as of now, the only way to guarantee your participation in a flight is if you have a large YouTube or Twitch channel so you can do free marketing for 343.
You don't need any kind of social following to be accepted, there's no guarantee of anyone getting in. From Postums:
https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1165323386613977088
Quote:
The 10k are selected entirely based on hardware requirements set forth by the Development Team. We do have a small list of MVP users that are partners to the studio and content creators that are invited. However that pool is very small in comparison. It's close to a 1:100 ratio.
I think it works out less than 1:100 from the last numbers he ran
It's all good bud. Keep holding out hope my man, there are plenty more flights to come.
Think of it this way: if you are not selected, you get to experience the game in a much better state when you play it for the first time.