1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Please. Just disable team killing in all matchmaking.

Preventing one of the main ways people can grief/troll and ruin matches>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>forcing people to be a bit more cautious where they shoot a rocket or whatever.
Heronimon wrote:

Preventing one of the main ways people can grief/troll and ruin matches>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>forcing people to be a bit more cautious where they shoot a rocket or whatever.
Tking has been a part of Halo since the beginning. Don't spam grenades and rockets into a cluster of players with your teammates in the mix?
According to reports from people I know, teammates can still destroy your vehicles (but you don't die from this alone) , it doesn't prevent trolling at all.
According to reports from people I know, teammates can still destroy your vehicles (but you don't die from this alone) , it doesn't prevent trolling at all.
I've been seeing this a lot too, lately. Teammates getting mad they don't get to use the gauss cannon, so they destroy it with nades. Very annoying indeed
I've been seeing this a lot too, lately. Teammates getting mad they don't get to use the gauss cannon, so they destroy it with nades. Very annoying indeed
And BTB Heavies doesn't have the option enabled on Xbox if nothing changed since, trolls can still troll.
Honestly I hate the team killing but its part of the halo experience... Even though its by accident or that guy team kills you over a power weapon/vehicle.
When you throw a nade to kill two enemy.... That when you see two friendly running into the fight and "betrayal" It's like wait.... That wasn't suppose to happen. :( One thing I love about the battlefield series is the servers can either have friendly fire on or off. I really wish Halo series had that.
When you throw a nade to kill two enemy.... That when you see two friendly running into the fight and "betrayal" It's like wait.... That wasn't suppose to happen. :( One thing I love about the battlefield series is the servers can either have friendly fire on or off. I really wish Halo series had that.
There are gametypes with friendly fire disabled like Firefight Limited, I recall disabled friendly fire was very common in Halo 4 and CE.

The only issue with it is that it doesn't work correctly when vehicles are involved. It's possible to splatter allies, You can also have your vehicle paralized or destroyed by your ally.

There are also ways to push allies off cliffs using scenery objects. And CE had an exploit with Friendly Fire disabled where one could crashing a Warthog into an ally player trough walls.

However if measures like H4 were a bit more widespread in all Halo's MM, then that would stop the angry kid from TK to steal your sniper. Or people from destroying unoccupied vehicles in the base just to make life difficult. since in H4 and 5 there were certain gametypes that the vehicles only spawned when people teleported them into the map, I think it was in Dominion gametype and Warzone. Hopefully for Infinite and the continued support of MCC 343 adresses betrayals in a way that makes it difficult to exploit them or grief.
Tbh i feel removing Team Kill would just be weird. I know nade spam can be annoying but without TK people will be even more spammy making some areas a pain in the -Yoink-. At least with TK most players who actually know what they are doing will be careful with their rocket or nade shots.
Team killing raises the skill ceiling IMO. It takes genuine effort to be able to avoid teammates with a rocket launcher or grenades. I feel like stripping this away would make the game even more nade-spammy than usual because that takes away what little precision is required to use such explosives.
also team killing is genuinely super funny
I agree that it needs to go away. While in some cases that it can be a nice change of pace, BTB and the like. But I'm absolutely sick of people just killing their teammates because they didn't get the sniper, the rockets, or whatever, so they kill me for it. Or that fact that I can get banned for killing teammates when they happened to step in front of me just as I fired and it killed them. And somehow that's my fault and I get banned for it? Halo is just that type of game where it really shouldn't be active.
Heronimon wrote:

Tking has been a part of Halo since the beginning. Don't spam grenades and rockets into a cluster of players with your teammates in the mix?
I didn't start this thread because I don't know how to use grenades or rockets. I started it because the two scum that was on me and my friend's team betrayed us the whole game. Either outright betrayals or following us melee'ing/grenading/etc us to lower our shields during gameplay so the enemy team could kill us both and it not count as betrayals.

I know this is not a 343i-specific fault but they're in charge now so should fix what Bungie didn't.
Translation="100% preventing one of the main forms of trolling doesn't eliminate all ways of trolling. So, let's do absolutely nothing to improve the situation." By that logic ALL rapists and murderers in society can't be stopped so we may as well legalize it. You can't stop all hackers so you may as well give out your passwords to strangers. Nobody can cheat the inevitability of death so let's all just kill ourselves now. I could go on and on my point is that's a poor and unproductive lack of logic.

Disable team killing. Disable team damage against vehicles occupied by teammates. If this is done wasting ammo on teammates is still a penalty for poor aim/skill and that just punishes the would-be betrayer instead of the innocent teammates.
Behave like that in customs.
Heronimon wrote:
honestly if you take out team killing you're lowering the skill ceiling. its not like theres no repercussions for TKing, boot em out
You can still teamkill him if you crush it with a vehicle.
Heronimon wrote:
honestly if you take out team killing you're lowering the skill ceiling. its not like theres no repercussions for TKing, boot em out
As I said they can follow you around and take your shields down so the enemy team can kill you and it won't count as a betrayal. And there is no booting system or reporting system or they at least aren't functional.
Heronimon wrote:
Heronimon wrote:
As I said they can follow you around and take your shields down so the enemy team can kill you and it won't count as a betrayal. And there is no booting system or reporting system or they at least aren't functional.
if this bothers you that much, then halo probably isn't the game for you bro. this is just how the games have always been and it adds a nice layer of texture to the sandbox. people troll, but not every game. if they do, leave the lobby and re-queue.
Heronimon wrote:
Heronimon wrote:
if this bothers you that much, then halo probably isn't the game for you bro. this is just how the games have always been and it adds a nice layer of texture to the sandbox. people troll, but not every game. if they do, leave the lobby and re-queue.
I agree. Another game I play a good bit is Rainbow Six Siege and friendly fire is always on, even in casual. It is also a similar situation where you can shoot someone down to 1 hp and the game does nothing about it. For all it knows, it was accidental. After killing a teammate however the team killed player can choose if it was intentional or not, and if they say it was then "reverse friendly fire" is turned on for that person. So, if that person tries to team kill again any damage they would do to a teammate is done to them instead.

It is also worth mentioning that MCC will kick after too many teamkills, but its the getting to that point that is annoying. I think MCC could do with a system like Siege where after each TK you can tell the game if it was accidental or not.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2