1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
These weapons may be from different installments of the Halo Series, but which is your favorite?

The single shot sharpshooter?
Or the burst fire battler?
Both have their own traits. Have a satisfying sound to them. And hitting sweet headshots with them is absolutely delicious. Maybe you have awesome moments with either weapon? Or perhaps you have a reason why one is better than the other. What do you think?(personally i like the best of both worlds)
I really really enjoy the sound of the three round burst BR from Halo 3, but I overall prefer the DMR gameplay wise, and to top it all off, I really do enjoy the DMR's sound just as much. I think that the single shot hitscan DMR just works better and feels cleaner :)
All around, I prefer the DMR. The single-shot marksman rifle with really high accuracy kind of fills a spot in the roster that's been lacking ever since they dropped the M6D after Halo: CE. The BR is nice, but the tempo of the three-round burst tends to throw me off a bit.
How does this relate to the Halo Insider program? As for your question, Battle Rifle all the way
How does this relate to the Halo Insider program? As for your question, Battle Rifle all the way
what he said RE the insider program. but for me it depends. halo 4/5? DMR halo 2-3? BR for sure. its all about style
I'll bite. BR. The burst blows the DMR out of the water, IMO.
The Needle Rifle from Reach, which is also a marksman weapon, is also worth mentioning. Seeing your opponent's face explode into pink dust from needle accumulation is sheer satisfaction. Carbine was awesome, too. Having a variety of choices is best.

I probably prefer the DMR a tiny bit over the BR, though.
These weapons may be from different installments of the Halo Series, but which is your favorite?

The single shot sharpshooter?
Or the burst fire battler?
Both have their own traits. Have a satisfying sound to them. And hitting sweet headshots with them is absolutely delicious. Maybe you have awesome moments with either weapon? Or perhaps you have a reason why one is better than the other. What do you think?(personally i like the best of both worlds)
BR bring on the nostalgia
I haven't gotten to use the DMR yet, but I do love the battle rifle.
dmr in halo reach is not very good, the reticle of the scope opens a lot, I prefer BR
DMR personally, for me it felt better to use in SWAT
BR all the way for me. I miss it when it's not in the game.
The Insider forum is here. This forum is just for anything regarding the MCC on PC.

As for the question, I’m gonna have to go with the battle rifle. In the right hands, its burst fire is way more effective than a single shot from the DMR.
The Insider forum is here. This forum is just for anything regarding the MCC on PC.

As for the question, I’m gonna have to go with the battle rifle. In the right hands, its burst fire is way more effective than a single shot from the DMR.
OP had originally posted this in the Halo Insider section.
My choice is DMR, despite the Bloom i find myself having easier time hitting single shots than entire bursts. Ofc the tables turn when the enemy shield is down, then a BR would be a much better option (on halo 4 i would have both in hands when i could, it was nice). Provided you can keep the entire burst hitting the enemy (which might be a easier job if the BR is on a halo game with hitscan, not sure if its hitscan on every halo game, i think it was on halo 4) it should take less time for someone with full shields to die from it, it should be 4 BR bursts against 5 DMR shots, at least it was like that last time i played Halo 4, due to that most people gravitated for the BR which is too a really solid weapon on that game. I wonder how the use of mouse and keyboard could affect this BR x DMR match up. I also like how the DMR gives you that feeling where each shot packs quite the punch.
Shooting grunts in the head, with a DMR, is more satisfying then anything else. Probably my favorite weapon in Reach and Halo 5.
Well... the Halo 2 Battle Rifle and Halo 4 DMR are a tie for me. I like the Reach DMR, but the Halo 4 DMR feels like it has a slightly faster firing speed. My absolute favorite, though, is the Halo 2 Battle Rifle featured in Halo 5. It's just... perfect.
Can't beat that sound of the burst fire

OP had originally posted this in the Halo Insider section.
Ahh. My mistake.
DireIguana wrote:
The Needle Rifle from Reach, which is also a marksman weapon, is also worth mentioning. Seeing your opponent's face explode into pink dust from needle accumulation is sheer satisfaction. Carbine was awesome, too. Having a variety of choices is best.

I probably prefer the DMR a tiny bit over the BR, though.
aw heck! i completely forget about the carbine and needle rifle sometimes. considering the carbine is my most desired weapon of choice! especially the satisfying sound the carbine made in H2
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3