1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
DireIguana wrote:
The Needle Rifle from Reach, which is also a marksman weapon, is also worth mentioning. Seeing your opponent's face explode into pink dust from needle accumulation is sheer satisfaction. Carbine was awesome, too. Having a variety of choices is best.

I probably prefer the DMR a tiny bit over the BR, though.
aw heck! i completely forget about the carbine and needle rifle sometimes. considering the carbine is my most desired weapon of choice! especially the satisfying sound the carbine made in H2
Instead of BR Team Slayer or DMR Team Slayer, i wish we had "Marksman [insert gamemode]" where we would choose which of the available marksman rifles (Depending on the Halo game: DMR, Carbine, Needle Rifle, Light Rifle, Battle Rifle all weapons which works for the same role) we spawn with. I'm pretty sure we'd get much more people using the covenant rifles with that. Back when i played Halo 3 and Reach i'd almost never get a game with covenant weapons as startup.
Not a big fan of bloom so I'll have to go with the BR.

Besides, can you get a triple kill on SWAT with one burst from a DMR?
BR when it comes to swat
DMR when it comes to almost everything else.
I love the BR for the 3 round burst, but the DMR has a deadly single shot. Imo, both are as equal to liking for me.
Nothing's more iconic than that three round burst.
DMR over the BR... Enough said...
BR when it comes to swat
DMR when it comes to almost everything else.
Man I'm literally the opposite tbh. That single shot kill with the DMR is so satisfying. Love both though
I played more Reach than any other Halo game so I prefer the DMR, it's more satisfying getting a kill with that.
I played more Reach than any other Halo game so I prefer the DMR, it's more satisfying getting a kill with that.
They have both in 5 right? Been a while since I've played 5 as I don't have an Xbone anymore. Would be mad to have both in future games. DMR vs BR.
They have both in 5 right? Been a while since I've played 5 as I don't have an Xbone anymore. Would be mad to have both in future games. DMR vs BR.
Never played 5 before, the last one I played was Halo 4 years ago. Having both would be pretty neat.
I really like both of them but if I had to chose I would choose the DMR because of its precision and i like the single shot a tad better than the burst
Never played 5 before, the last one I played was Halo 4 years ago. Having both would be pretty neat.
I remember really enjoying 5 tbh. Hoping that will make its way to PC properly too. Halo 5 Forge on PC isn't doing the game any justice.
I tend to go with the BR when I have a choice, but every once in a while I switch it up and use the DMR. I'm particularly fond of the DMR's in Halo 4 & 5 but that's largely due to the sound design. Listen to the DMR in Reach then the ones in 4 & 5 and you'll hear what I'm talking about. The guns may not be any more powerful, but they sure sound like it. (This is largely true with most of 343's sound design ... they tend to make everything sound huge, beefy, & crunchy. Their sound people do good work.)
It depends of the game.I don't like DMR compared to Magnum in H5 so I definitly prefer BR in this one cause he is more useful. But between H3 and Reach I must say I don't know. I think BR because H3 is my favorite of the franchise.
In my opinion Dmr is better. In halo reach it had a beautiful design and sound. In halo reach, 4 and 5 it change very much. In my opinion the most iconic is the reach version, but my favourite is the halo 4 version (with skin noble)
BR for the win !
The BR is a classic, but I'm also a fan of the DMR and the way it feels and sounds, especially when one tapping grunts in Reach.
It's always been DMR for me
DMR
i honestly prefer using the dmr and purely going for headshots. altho the BR does not fall far behind. both are amazing weapons
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3