Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

DMR starts are necessary for longevity

OP Love the Trump

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
DMR starts just turn BTB into a campfest
DMR starts make sense in console where everyone is using a controller, doesnt make sense on PC where MKB turns them into snipers
I vastly prefer DMR starts. And it makes sense from a balance perspective, as people are going to be gunning for their spawn points anyways, as well as the needle rifle, turning the weapons into basically power weapons. The AR is incredibly weak unless your 8 feet away, and pistol is not bad, but has insane bloom and too small of a clip IMO.

That said, if the community as a whole want AR+pistol starts, then I'm all for it. I'm for anything to make Halo more popular.

BTB needs DMR starts, though. AR and pistol just aren't suited for big maps at all. Although, if they gave us the option to have evade in BTB, that would be a decent compromise.
I vastly prefer DMR starts. And it makes sense from a balance perspective, as people are going to be gunning for their spawn points anyways, as well as the needle rifle, turning the weapons into basically power weapons. The AR is incredibly weak unless your 8 feet away, and pistol is not bad, but has insane bloom and too small of a clip IMO.

That said, if the community as a whole want AR+pistol starts, then I'm all for it. I'm for anything to make Halo more popular.

BTB needs DMR starts, though. AR and pistol just aren't suited for big maps at all. Although, if they gave us the option to have evade in BTB, that would be a decent compromise.
Thank you for being so open to the idea. Here's the thing. You don't need to worry about the ARs low range and damage because everyone else has it. This means engagements last longer and give you more options to turn the tide. With DMRs it's basically whoever gets the first shot in that wins, especially with bleedthrough.
Longevity! XD The game is already down 95% of its players, and losing more everyday!

I'm all for DMR starts, but there should be some playlists for AR as well. None of this "let's adjust the RNG in AR's favour in Social" foolery.
ESPECIALLY in casual modes. On the 360 Reach, DMR starts were voted on 90% of the time. People think they are bad but have not yet experienced trying to fight power weapons with magnums. 343 please do not listen to only the new players who don't understand Reach's balance. This game IS the DMR. The complainers are just a vocal minority. The vast majority want DMR starts so the game remains balanced and fun. No one wants to run around in AR-melee fests or be spawn killed by DMRs and snipers because you lost the first fight of the game.
DMR start BTB simply doesn't work on PC, unless they scrap pretty much every map and build new ones.
It's hitscan, so even if they are driving a mongoose you can just aim at the head and the shots will connect immediately.

DMR start works on Xbox because auto aim doesn't reach that far, so good luck hitting a moving target across Hemorrhage, or even Ridgeline. On PC though, it's probably easier to hit distant targets than it is to hit close targets, and because there is no dropoff, even across the map a DMR can 4-tap a player. Now add 4 more DMRs to the rest of your teammates and you can pretty much instakill players. Not to mention how quickly you can shred a warthog with even just two DMRs. If both unloads on the side of a driving hog, it's gonna flip. 3 DMRs and that hog is toast.

DMR promotes camping so much that I've had numerous rounds when the timer has actually run out... Everyone just sat in their own little spot waiting for someone to get out of cover.

Thank you for being so open to the idea. Here's the thing. You don't need to worry about the ARs low range and damage because everyone else has it. This means engagements last longer and give you more options to turn the tide. With DMRs it's basically whoever gets the first shot in that wins, especially with bleedthrough.
Good point. I’d still play end enjoy the game either way
Don't -Yoinking!- start. Especially with the recent update finally making slayer possibly playable.
This is some excellent bait.

Seriously DMR start is the most unfunny thing in Halo.

All other weapons are worthless.
All vehicles are worthless.
Map controll is worthless.

Just sit in base or camp behind cover and snipe your way with the DMR.

If you engage you get sniped in no time from several base DMR-campers ...

SO. MUCH. FUN.

Good point. I’d still play end enjoy the game either way
That's fair. i was enjoying it mostly but was on my way out the door as the AR starts patch dropped so they got me hooked again.
DMR starts are a must for Halo Reach, the DMR is what makes Halo Reach unique. It is true that the weapon itself needs some balance, for example: Reduce the damage for vehicles. I have been in multiple games where the enemy team is holding position on the DMR spawns and makes the game unenjoyable because the pistol is no match for a skilled player with a DMR. At least the way it was before you have a chance to fight back because all players had the same weapons. 343 needs to start listening to all players from the halo community and not only the ones who keep whining. DMR and Pistol starts should be optional and not mandatory for everyone :)
ESPECIALLY in casual modes. On the 360 Reach, DMR starts were voted on 90% of the time. People think they are bad but have not yet experienced trying to fight power weapons with magnums. 343 please do not listen to only the new players who don't understand Reach's balance. This game IS the DMR. The complainers are just a vocal minority. The vast majority want DMR starts so the game remains balanced and fun. No one wants to run around in AR-melee fests or be spawn killed by DMRs and snipers because you lost the first fight of the game.
Hard disagree.I haven't even been playing this game for a month and DMR starts had already started to kill its longevity for me. I hopped into a few AR start games and instantly had 10x more fun and started to see this as something I could continue to play.
I agree. I very much dislike the assault rifle and magnum in this game. Increase the AR’s clip by 50-100 percent, and it would be much better. Increase the magnums clip by 2 bullets, and it would be a good starting weapon, too.
The AR has a clip size which is big enough to kill 1 player with a handful of bullets left over. In other words, it rewards players with good tracking/accuracy in close range fights and punishes those who can't aim well or panic spray. This is a good thing. Increasing the clip size will reduce the skill ceiling significantly. The pistol is also fine, you're not supposed to spam it and hope RNG will bless you with a kill, you're supposed to pace your shots and aim for the head.

Please stop asking the devs to make the game easier for you because you cant keep up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3