Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Do you think 144hz will be supported ?

OP PoopJe

Quote:
and the PC features and conventions that players wanted to see Halo take advantage of.

We are laying the groundwork for PC native features such as excellent mouse and keyboard controls, support for multiple resolutions and aspect ratios, field-of-view sliders, and adjustable framerates, to name but a few.
Some people are saying it'll be capped at 60 fps, which I really hope is not the case, I know the 60 fps is tied to the physics or something like that but I can't imagine Halo being played competitively without 144hz, did 343 said anything about this yet ? What do you guys think ?
If not, no more Halo from me. But I highly doubt the game won't support uncapped framerates.
i hope that your max fps ingame scales with your monitor hertz. having a 120 or 144 hertz monitor and not using it at its full potential is annoying
or just uncapped frames
It seems like they know what they are doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0pvdsl2ycw
I do hope so! The ultrawide monitor is still unknown as well.
I hope so, playing games on a 144Hz moniter that are locked to 60 can be really jarring.
They said they are rebuilding it for the PC. Wide resolutions ect. Giving a pc game a locked fps is like shooting yourself in the foot. I hope they don't have a locked FPS, but I doubt they will. It'll probably be unlocked.
Hopefully, but if 343 decide to add cross-play that might be problematic.
Hopefully, but if 343 decide to add cross-play that might be problematic.
Having limited framerate in the multiplayer section of a game isn't unheard of.
I seriously hope that they do implement support of high-refresh rate monitors in one way or another. It would just be primo.
They had better support high refresh. I cant do 60 fps on shooters it feels terrible after playing unlocked gsync.
I hope so. I just bought a new 144Hz monitor specifically for MCC PC! I imagine since they're bringing it to Steam they know they have to be at their A game to please PC audiences. Poring MCC over and not meeting PC standards is sure to leave a bad taste in people's mouths. Won't be too bad for me if not though, just a little disappointing.
Slickini wrote:
If not, no more Halo from me. But I highly doubt the game won't support uncapped framerates.
dang your worse than me lol. You seriously wont play a game if its not 144fps?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modded content.