Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Does playing campaign give xp?

OP ForehandDust581

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Does playing the reach campaign and firefight on mcc gives xp to unlock the armor customization or just pvp?
So far I haven't got any XP from Campaign (maybe because I don't have scoring enabled) but Firefight gets you XP but not as much as PvP.
As far as I'm aware campaign doesn't give any and been playing legendary solo, I would assume that would give higher payouts if it did so seems unlikely.
No you will only get XP from match making
Ok thanks guys :)
Does Firefight count toward XP or just PVP matchmaking?
Sedg1911 wrote:
Does Firefight count toward XP or just PVP matchmaking?
Multiplayer Firefight does, solo Firefight doesn't I'm fairly sure.
Awesome thank you. Will have to test to confirm but that would make sense.
No, its dumb 343 messed up on that
it shows x4 score when playing on legendary; im assuming it supposed to give exp but i can't tell if it is giving exp
Invasion seems to give the most points, though can take longer than a game of zombies. However, you're guaranteed a bit of xp because of teamwork.
Challenges will be added later down the road. They won't reward XP, but they will reward season points, which are used for unlocks. These will presumably cover solo game modes, and, as far as I can tell, armor unlocks are not tied to rank.
I really think this was a big mistake. Most of your armors back then came from Campaign, but now you have to go into the Multiplayer which...I love customs with my buds, but other random people who either played for ages or a day, it’s kinda a chaotic mess. I don’t like it.
So far I haven't got any XP from Campaign (maybe because I don't have scoring enabled) but Firefight gets you XP but not as much as PvP.
Heroic Firefight averaged 9550-12700 per match for me 8000 for commendations usually 2700 for placement 2000 for assists and pvp only granted 5000 at best for me
I hope they make a single player firefight matchmaking playlist, my favorite thing coming home from school was to play gruntpocalypse for like an hour to unwind before hitting up matchmaking.
grifball has given me the most xp almost every time, 3000-4000 for match completion, 8000 for score and 5000 for teamwork
Heroic firefight gives a lot of xp
It would be nice to have campaign give exp though
Would be nice if campaign rewarded xp, would give some measure of incentive to go back and get better times and scores.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2