Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Does the Scarab Gun disable Achivements (H2A)

OP StillNoDubstep

I am currently trying to unlock all the achivements in MCC. However I highly doubt I could do the Monopilzed Achivement (Beat Legendary in under 3 hours) without assistance from the Silver skulls, Scarab Gun and Envy in particular. Would using these 2 silver skulls disable getting the Monopilzed achivement?
You don't have to do the entire campaign in one sitting. It just takes your best time for each level and adds them up. Just take your time and get to know the levels. If you manage to go under the par times then you should get it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
You don't have to do the entire campaign in one sitting. It just takes your best time for each level and adds them up. Just take your time and get to know the levels. If you manage to go under the par times then you should get it.
Thanks, doesn't really answer my question but that is helpful to know.
Those LASO achievements will be tough as well. But anyways, to answer your question, I do believe they will disable achievements, yes. You may notice in the game that the skulls are divided into two different categories: scoring and non-scoring. The skulls listed in the scoring category I believe will disable competition achievements such as par times and scores. However, I do believe there are exceptions so this may just be something you might have to try and find out for yourself. Hope this helps!
They are buggy. I finished the campaign in legendary, and in regret I started using scarab gun and infinite ammo. Didnt get the completed on legendary achievements.

Then, I played the campaign on easy to get the par time achievements, and when I completed it I got the completition on legendary

So, The 0x multiplier skulls disable par time and par score achievements, but it adds up to the completition ones. Just replay all levels fast on easy and they should trigger.
The skulls will tell you if they disable anything in a popup when you activate them. The only ones I can remember doing this are bandana and scarab gun.
The only thing skulls deactivate is par time and score achievements that's all