Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Endure is broken don't invest

OP CUBEBOX7

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi gamers, just a sad fan boy about to -Yoink- on stuff.

So on the launch of ODST on MCC PC came a cool challenge named Endure. You've gotta fight off 4 firefight sets on heroic or harder in a 4 player squad. The promised reward was 77K XP and two skins.
Me and my buddy, who normally play two player co-op, spent 2 hours hunting down for teammates and another 2 hours clearing 4 sets of firefight.
When the dust finally settled the challenge did not pop. It remains unresponsive to this moment on September 23rd 11:00 pm.
Wont lie it was fun getting to know new people but the challenge lagging like that after such an investment of time was a true buzzkill.
Can we just please get something that isn't broken on launch?

Love and frustration from a fan from Finland.
Maybe it's like the achievement back in the day. You have to get to the 5th set and finish a couple of rounds, that's what I remember doing on 360.
Maybe it's like the achievement back in the day. You have to get to the 5th set and finish a couple of rounds, that's what I remember doing on 360.
Interesting. Do tell me how you end up if you try.
You think that's bad?

I did this challenge solo twelve years ago only to figure out later I needed 3 other friends over Xbox Live, that I did not yet have access to due to my stupidly high ping.

THAT was the third most grueling Halo experience of my life... But I DID do it.
Not quite as frustrating as yours, OP, but I completed the heroic campaign playlist and did not get the challenge reward for it.

Are challenges bugged in ODST in general?
KCD0DGER wrote:
You think that's bad?

I did this challenge solo twelve years ago only to figure out later I needed 3 other friends over Xbox Live, that I did not yet have access to due to my stupidly high ping.

I dont mean to go off topic but what were the first and second most grueling moments in your Halo life?
KCD0DGER wrote:
You think that's bad?

Its your own fault for not reading the details.

OP read the details and followed the rules and did what he was suppose to do and still it didn't unlock.

His situation is far worse.

Fix your game 343, smh. Buggy mess.
Hm, worked flawlessly for me last night. Hope it pops up!
It is like that, it pops right when the 5th set starts. I have this info from the HaloCompletion discord
It is like that, it pops right when the 5th set starts. I have this info from the HaloCompletion discord
Thanks for sharing mate. Maybe next week I'll give Endure another swing.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
CUBEBOX7 wrote:
Quote:
Not quite as frustrating as yours, OP, but I completed the heroic campaign playlist and did not get the challenge reward for it.

Sucks to be you pal:(
I haven't tried that yet but I can say that some challenges have been bugged since the launch of ODST and certain skulls can mess with if your completion counts.
If you want to give it another swing sometime later when they (hopefully) fix the challenges feel free to add me. :)
I would be down to do Endure with you on PC. You could say I have experience with Halo.
CUBEBOX7 wrote:
Brodimuz wrote:
Good for you. Did you play exactly 4 sets or did you start the fifth and then get it done?
It unlocked shortly after the 4th set. It unlocked for the host shortly after the bonus round and just a little before for the rest of us the beginning of set 5.
I definitely did it yesterday on ODST PC we had 4 people total. You are not allowed to mess with any settings because I tried to cheese it with modified settings and did not unlock. It takes 1 hour 40 minutes so its not terrible to try again. It unlocked at the end of the 4th set on the 4th wave at the end of the bonus round. We actually almost all died in the bonus round so that would of sucked but we survived.
PCR wrote:
CUBEBOX7 wrote:
Quote:

Sucks to be you pal:(
I haven't tried that yet but I can say that some challenges have been bugged since the launch of ODST and certain skulls can mess with if your completion counts.
If you want to give it another swing sometime later when they (hopefully) fix the challenges feel free to add me. :)
I would be down to do Endure with you on PC. You could say I have experience with Halo.
Room for one more? (GT Destroyer evile)
CUBEBOX7 wrote:
Brodimuz wrote:
Good for you. Did you play exactly 4 sets or did you start the fifth and then get it done?
You have to get to the 5th set starting (4 sets + bonus round) in order for the Challenge to unlock. Just did it last night and we remembered this back on the 360 version with the achievement.
KCD0DGER wrote:
You think that's bad?

I dont mean to go off topic but what were the first and second most grueling moments in your Halo life?
Halo 2 Legendary, specifically High Charity's prison. Pretty sure I got the Chesty Puller Award while I was there. That gravity lift was horrible.

The second worst was my one-session start-to-finish Legendary playthrough, where I'd heard a rumor that you got an extra special ending if you were to do that. YOU DID NOT get such an ending and I was livid. That dude still owes me eight hours of my life. This is also where I got my massive, massive hate for the level, "Cortana". Ugh... I swear that's the worst level in the entire franchise.

KCD0DGER wrote:
You think that's bad?

OP read the details and followed the rules and did what he was suppose to do and still it didn't unlock.

Don't be a -Blam!-. Come on. One, I was like... 14 or 15. Two, I had no options, three, I did the work of four people alone and finally, this person can reasonably reliably get a few friends together and get it done far easier than I could have.

So butt out.
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
You think that's bad?

Halo 2 Legendary, specifically High Charity's prison. Pretty sure I got the Chesty Puller Award while I was there. That gravity lift was horrible.

The second worst was my one-session start-to-finish Legendary playthrough, where I'd heard a rumor that you got an extra special ending if you were to do that. YOU DID NOT get such an ending and I was livid. That dude still owes me eight hours of my life. This is also where I got my massive, massive hate for the level, "Cortana". Ugh... I swear that's the worst level in the entire franchise.

KCD0DGER wrote:
You think that's bad?

Don't be a -Blam!-. Come on. One, I was like... 14 or 15. Two, I had no options, three, I did the work of four people alone and finally, this person can reasonably reliably get a few friends together and get it done far easier than I could have.

So butt out.
You did some heavylifting without a pay day, I'm sorry. Hopefully the next time around you've got a team!
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2