1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Unsure why there are those that exist whom try to villify Steam and defend a company like Epic that blatantly bribe using monetized money from Fortnite. Bribing in any capacity shows a lack of values and professionalism.

I don't know what more Steam could do as a games distributor. This because as a games distributor they are the best one on the market with the most features out of them all. They have more games and features then Microsoft and Sony even.... Microsoft and Sony whom also take the industry standard 30% cut. This which people who criticise Steam over never seem to want to criticise those two companies over. Why is no one pressuring Microsoft and Sony to also lower their cut? Also retail stores can take even a bigger cut.

Another point I would like to alight on is the 2008 spectacle when Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic called all PC gamers pirates and said PC gaming was pointless. He then proceeded to go to Xbox for the Gears of War games. I remember how he acted and his current Tweets consistently portray him as a hypocrite. He says he wants to fight Steam's monopoly but then does exclusive binding contracts on PC which is supposed to be the epitome of a free market and open platform. His kind of monopoly is the worse kind and no. He definitely does not care about PC gamers. It's a pretense and it's outright disgusting he would pretend to care hiding behind that disingenuous facade.

Any developer that wants to take a bribe and then alienate a fair chunk of Steam's 90 million plus and counting playerbase deserves some ridicule.
"Someone", huh? Well someone lied to you. All of the hype and goodwill from the PC community right now would evaporate in an instant, and on top of that I don't think Epic has the infrastructure in place to do the kind of phased rollout and flighting program that Microsoft is doing, while Steam does.

Then there's the fact that the Insider program requires you to have a Steam account to participate in flighting.
My dad works for Nintendo and he told me MS is going to sell the franchise to Sega and the MCC will actually be a Nokia N-Gage exclusive.
Na. MS way better.
I heard the same thing from this article but I hope it's not real.
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/05/halo-master-chief-collection-on-epic-games-store-microsoft-says-theyre-listening-to-feedback/83752/
HolyRyu X wrote:
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/05/halo-master-chief-collection-on-epic-games-store-microsoft-says-theyre-listening-to-feedback/83752/
I don't think that place is a reliable\credible source of information. It's giving me serious clickbait vibes. Even the people in the comments section doubt the credibility of such claims. Especially since it's from an anonymous source.

Also, Microsoft's net worth is truly staggering. Let's just say that they are about to become a company worth 1 trillion dollars very soon. Tim Sweeney can only dream of having that kind of money lying around (Epic is worth $15 billion), let alone buying the good graces of such a massively successful corporation. Plus, he doesn't like Microsoft anyway (if you've seen some of his past Twitter posts), and Microsoft has their own store to sell their games on if they wanted to make it an exclusive. I highly doubt Halo will be made an Epic Store exclusive.
Well if MS want my money, better for them to put the game on steam (or gog) other launchers choice is a no buy from me
Arbiter117 wrote:
HolyRyu X wrote:
I don't think that place is a reliable\credible source of information. It's giving me serious clickbait vibes. Even the people in the comments section doubt the credibility of such claims. Especially since it's from an anonymous source.

Also, Microsoft's net worth is truly staggering. Let's just say that they might become a company worth 1 trillion dollars in the next few years. Tim Sweeney can only dream of having that kind of money lying around, let alone buying the good graces of such a massively successful corporation. Plus, he doesn't like Microsoft anyway (if you've seen some of his past Twitter posts), and Microsoft has their own store to sell their games on if they wanted to make it an exclusive. I highly doubt Halo will be made an Epic Store exclusive.
Ah okay, I was thinking to myself how could it go to EGS when mod support and workshop support was confirmed well at least I thought it was lol
I'd rather buy it on Steam and only Steam.
HolyRyu X wrote:
Arbiter117 wrote:
HolyRyu X wrote:

Also, Microsoft's net worth is truly staggering. Let's just say that they might become a company worth 1 trillion dollars in the next few years. Tim Sweeney can only dream of having that kind of money lying around, let alone buying the good graces of such a massively successful corporation. Plus, he doesn't like Microsoft anyway (if you've seen some of his past Twitter posts), and Microsoft has their own store to sell their games on if they wanted to make it an exclusive. I highly doubt Halo will be made an Epic Store exclusive.
Ah okay, I was thinking to myself how could it go to EGS when mod support and workshop support was confirmed well at least I thought it was lol
I'd rather buy it on Steam and only Steam.
I will buy it on Steam as well. I think a lot of us are, lol. Especially since it's currently the #1 most wishlisted game on the platform right now. I also re-checked my previous facts on the net worth of Microsoft and Epic Games, so i made some edits to my previous statement. Can't wait for the flights to start!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I for one will be looking to buy on Steam to play with friends and for cheevos and everything else.

My dad works for Nintendo and he told me MS is going to sell the franchise to Sega and the MCC will actually be a Nokia N-Gage exclusive.
This made me chuckle. Thanks
I really hope they stay with Steam. I think Microsoft/343i see the brand damage from games going exclusive with EGS so odds are they won't. Plus they already have something or will have something for flights on Steam. Why jump onto a different store that doesn't have all the features Steam has? Answer is they won't due to the bad PR move and limited player base. Also didn't Tim Sweeney have a negative outlook on Microsoft for the longest time?
Dogemons wrote:
Someone told me 343 and Microsoft are striking a deal with Epic Games Store to make the MCC for PC exclusive to EGS for 1 year, which is why they have not revealed a release date yet, how likely is that? I know nothing has been said officially, but if it were to be true, would you react positively or negatively to these news?
Whoever told you that is a liar.
It's Steam and Microsoft Store exclusive.
I hope this isn’t true.
MCC has already been listed on Steam for months now, and pretty much everyone has already said that's where they're purchasing it. Why would 343 randomly backtrack and put the game exclusively on a platform that right now is considered pretty controversial? That would make absolutely no sense and would quite literally piss off the vast majority of the fanbase. This is quite obviously not true. Don't believe everything you read or hear from random trolls on the internet.
I love Halo. No question. But I hate Epic Games store more. My Epic Games account has been hacked multiple times, I get notifications daily about login attempts, I haven't logged into it in months. I created a new account same deal. Just like with Borderlands, I will not buy this on Epic Games, not now, not ever. I will wait the year for it to come out on Steam or Windows Store. If it never does, then no MCC on PC for me. 343i would be 100% hurting themselves if they did this.

Epic Games is utter garbage.
I'd rather not have Tencent sell my personal information to the Chinese Government.
343i did the right thing keeping the PC version on the MS store and Steam.
I was hoping I could play it on my Dreamcast.
Well it wouldn't make sense to be an Epic Exclusive when Microsoft has their own store. It is likely a representative from Tencent did offer to throw money at Microsoft for such a deal, but it is more likely Microsoft politely refused that offer. It is very common for the business cast when they have a lot of money to throw around and see what they could by, sort of like when Alaska offered to buy out Southwest Airlines and SW told them they are not that small of an airline. Keep in mind Microsoft is also in a buy everything mode which puts them more in competition with Epic games. If there is a studio up for sale, Microsoft and Epic won't agree to a joint ownership, someone has to be the higher bidder and the studio can only be sold to one company at a time, otherwise it is embezzlement.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3