Skip to main content
Mind anyone explaining how this crossplay works? all playlist or no? Only infection?
Where's patch note?
Litterally nothing?
Yeah I am confused about this as well.. what I'm hoping is that crossplay is enabled by default for ALL playlists with the option to restrict input/platform, except for infection where crossplay is always enabled regardless of setting.

According to
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=3#post49

"This means that Crossplay is supported in multiplayer (including social matchmaking, competitive matchmaking, and custom games), Firefight (including matchmaking and custom games), and Forge. "
Co-op campaign: No
Multiplayer: Yes
Forge: Yes

Pretty simple.

Pretty simple.
if it's that simple then mind explaining us poor immortals how it's working ? and why this is happening?
https://www.reddit.com/r/MCCPC/comments/jvsfgd/platform_restriction_bugged/
It being that simple doesn't mean there may not be bugs.

What I told you is what was intended. Perhaps speak to Halo Support or check/use Twitter to talk to 343 direct.
SOOOOO how to i play with My xbox Friends do I just send an invite to them using the Xbox companion app????? anyone know???
I just played a few FFA games, I can confirm I was matching PC and Xbox players 👍
areweclear wrote:
SOOOOO how to i play with My xbox Friends do I just send an invite to them using the Xbox companion app????? anyone know???
Well if your playing on PC like I am, then you have to be signed in with your Microsoft account to play multiplayer and connect to xbox live. In that case, if your friends are on then they should just pop up in your social bar in-game. However, if they do not, they you may have to add them directly in-game with their username and maybe a code too. (ex. JacksonianMan#12345) And if THAT doesn't work then the last option could be just using the game bar which is what I use when doing anything with my Xbox friends when i am on PC. Windows + G will up it up if you don't know what it is. There will be a social tab where you should be able to invite them if nothing else works. I personally haven't done it yet but this is just my knowledge at this time. Hope that helps!

Pretty simple.
if it's that simple then mind explaining us poor immortals how it's working ? and why this is happening?
https://www.reddit.com/r/MCCPC/comments/jvsfgd/platform_restriction_bugged/
Yeah, you can't just get a straight answer out of 343 about this.
My original understanding was that there would be certain playlists (usually competitive) where you're restricted to your preferred input device and platform- you don't get a choice. Outside of those playlists, if you're bothered by matching against players on other platforms or input devices you could restrict that in the settings. I thought they were doing it this way in competitive because PC players complain about playing against controller players because they say aim assist gives an advantage: need input based matchmaking. The Xbox players complain about playing against PC players because they say better framerates and FOV options give an advantage: need platform based matchmaking.

But now if you go to their latest post in the MCC development thread, as previously mentioned, they say "Crossplay is supported in multiplayer (including social matchmaking, competitive matchmaking, and custom games), Firefight (including matchmaking and custom games), and Forge." So now I don't know which it is. Maybe there are certain competitive playlists where you can choose and others where you can't? I don't know. If I get a chance to figure it out, I'll let you know. In general, what UltiPhalanx said is correct.