Skip to main content
Because there's new content coming in the form of the ODST signature weapons and brute plasma rifle into Halo 3 in addition to the visor colors and weapon skins, I was wondering if there was any consideration to adding meshes for female spartans in Halo 3? We have the voice options, but it has always bugged me that it was just the voice tied to the male body. I've no clue really how much work this would be or if it would be possible, but it would be something small that would be really cool to see since Halo 3 only partially committed to it.

I know you probably couldn't turn this off with the skins setting, but I personally don't see this being a big complaint in keeping everything the same. Just curious what people's thoughts were on the topic.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think you got enough X's in your name to find that on your own bruh.
That would be a cool addition in a future update, if they can add new armour I'm sure it's technically possible.

Although I'm not sure how difficult the technical aspect is. They would have to fix each unique armour to work with the new mesh and keep the same hit box. It's still something I want to see for the sake of diversity but it's not something I will expect.
i thought it always made sense that female spartans didn't look very feminine. i mean just look at female body builders, thats basically whats under the armor.
a female option woud be cool but it should be free instead of having togrind through a battlepass just to look like a woman.
That would be a cool addition in a future update, if they can add new armour I'm sure it's technically possible.

Although I'm not sure how difficult the technical aspect is. They would have to fix each unique armour to work with the new mesh and keep the same hit box. It's still something I want to see for the sake of diversity but it's not something I will expect.
Not exactly. If you look closely at the armor in reach when switching between Male and Female it doesn't actually change, just the body under the armor pieces does. They wouldn't need to actually mess with any of the customization options to make it work.
That would be a cool addition in a future update, if they can add new armour I'm sure it's technically possible.

Although I'm not sure how difficult the technical aspect is. They would have to fix each unique armour to work with the new mesh and keep the same hit box. It's still something I want to see for the sake of diversity but it's not something I will expect.
Not exactly. If you look closely at the armor in reach when switching between Male and Female it doesn't actually change, just the body under the armor pieces does. They wouldn't need to actually mess with any of the customization options to make it work.
If it's that simple then I hope they do it. It would be silly not to.
But it rarely is.
Someone actually did this for SFM. Here are are the comparison pics. Front / Back
deldour wrote:
Because there's new content coming in the form of the ODST signature weapons and brute plasma rifle into Halo 3 in addition to the visor colors and weapon skins, I was wondering if there was any consideration to adding meshes for female spartans in Halo 3? We have the voice options, but it has always bugged me that it was just the voice tied to the male body. I've no clue really how much work this would be or if it would be possible, but it would be something small that would be really cool to see since Halo 3 only partially committed to it.

I know you probably couldn't turn this off with the skins setting, but I personally don't see this being a big complaint in keeping everything the same. Just curious what people's thoughts were on the topic.
A huge waste of time
i thought it always made sense that female spartans didn't look very feminine. i mean just look at female body builders, thats basically whats under the armor.
Technically they wouldnt. Spartans are enhanced for mobility as well as strength. Most body builders arent very flexible or agile. If anything, a spartan would have similar bodies to cross fitters.
I'd like to see it.
Snockooz wrote:
Someone actually did this for SFM. Here are are the comparison pics. Front / Back
That is just subtle enough to work. If people think that they should look similar due to some being big bodybuilders canonically, the differences in this person's pieces aren't nearly as exaggerated as the Halo Reach gender differences.
deldour wrote:
I think you got enough X's in your name to find that on your own bruh.
Wow! Clever insult! The name was made in 2007.