1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It's been almost a week since CEA flights began and I want to hear what you guys have to say about it, pro's and con's, likes and dislikes, bugs, whatever.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
well... that was a bit intense. I was just wondering what people where thinking about the recent CEA flight but ok
well... that was a bit intense. I was just wondering what people where thinking about the recent CEA flight but ok
Unfortunately, I do feel that a lot of the hype did die with Reach. Yes, a number of players will come back for the CEA launch; however, with the current track record, I expect CEA to suffer a similar fate as Reach.
D dawgy wrote:
Unfortunately, I do feel that a lot of the hype did die with Reach. Yes, a number of players will come back for the CEA launch; however, with the current track record, I expect CEA to suffer a similar fate as Reach.
I feel like most people will either come back or finally purchase the game when the trilogy is all out.
D dawgy wrote:
I feel like most people will either come back or finally purchase the game when the trilogy is all out.
Yep Agree I think they may have made a mistake by doing it this way, After all it is the MCC Collection and dolling it out piecemeal seems to be frustrating people.

Me I have found it fun no game breaking issues a couple of minor bugs that do not affect game play and they seem to already know about them but game has run without a hitch.

I also believe some players were expecting way to much like a fully remastered game with up to date graphics and and the like.
Alan J T wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Yep Agree I think they may have made a mistake by doing it this way, After all it is the MCC Collection and dolling it out piecemeal seems to be frustrating people.

Me I have found it fun no game breaking issues a couple of minor bugs that do not affect game play and they seem to already know about them but game has run without a hitch.

I also believe some players were expecting way to much like a fully remastered game with up to date graphics and and the like.
My only problem with the game is the fact is f*cking dead in America, I've heard it's very populated in Europe tho.
Alan J T wrote:
Same here, I have actually really been enjoying the CEA flight. Very fortunate to have been invited. I'm reliving old memories of playing CE back in 2003 when it first came out for PC, and it's really been a fun time. I still love playing this game all these years later, and to be able to play it in 1440p at 60 fps is really just fantastic (I know Custom Edition has supported this for years, but I could never find servers with players who weren't rubber banding constantly). I know CEA still has graphical issues and other issues as well that people here have pointed out numerous times - but with that being said, I'm really glad to have the game back on PC in such an improved state with an active enough player base. Should be fun once it releases for real.
I've seen some minor bugs, which have been laid out all over the forum like the zoom bug, but my overall experience is that it runs and plays amazing. I haven't even heard one person complain about controllers so hopefully everything is fixed there though I don't think there was much of a problem to begin with. From what I have seen the Flights are going extremely well and unless there are some set backs between now and the end I would imagine that CE will launch at the end of the month or at least very early next month.
D dawgy wrote:
I called that when people started saying CE would save MCC on PC. Though I think the games will be just fine, but yes like you said it will go how Reach did. Everyone will come back for the Campaign and maybe play some MP, but will get bored and leave because lets be honest the CE MP is rather boring without mods. Until 2 and especially 3 come out I don\t expect to see massive numbers online. Then it'll be like MCC is on Xbox. Everyone will play, but mainly stick to 2 and 3 for the MP and then I imagine after the initial hype that we'll get at least 10k players online regularly everyday no matter what time of day (at least from Steam Charts). I know it isn't an amazing amount of players, but let's be honest Halo was never going to bring in hundreds of thousands like CSGO or the BR games.
There is an issue with the controller zoom at the moment above 60 fps in which the zoom becomes much more sensitive and backs out immediately to hip fire. You have to repeatably press down the zoom to get it to 2x then 10x. Does not affect Reach at all, only CE. If you set it to 60 fps, this fixes it.
the discussion is happening in the insider forum friend :)
It is good when you can find a game. Searched for a hour and nothing. :'(
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
I called that when people started saying CE would save MCC on PC. Though I think the games will be just fine, but yes like you said it will go how Reach did. Everyone will come back for the Campaign and maybe play some MP, but will get bored and leave because lets be honest the CE MP is rather boring without mods. Until 2 and especially 3 come out I don\t expect to see massive numbers online. Then it'll be like MCC is on Xbox. Everyone will play, but mainly stick to 2 and 3 for the MP and then I imagine after the initial hype that we'll get at least 10k players online regularly everyday no matter what time of day (at least from Steam Charts). I know it isn't an amazing amount of players, but let's be honest Halo was never going to bring in hundreds of thousands like CSGO or the BR games.
Im always confuse when i hear people beeing let down with the player nummbers and how MCC is dead on PC. I never expected the game having super high nummbers and im still suprised. Steamcharts say 4k Peak usaly (only on steam) thats 1000 more then what i expected actually :D Legacy Halo is a very minor community i would say. And i come from games that have even smaller communitys (like Fighting games) so i know that couple tousands is enough usaly... the problem is regional in the end, people from like Asutralia have tough luck even with popular games like Escape from Tarkov (used to be also small good ol days :D).

Just be lucky Halo MCC is not Killer Instinct 30 people peak xD

If we finaly get Crossplay with Xbox / PC and Halo 2-4 gets released on PC this game will be quite stable which will be enough for this Legacy Hobby. Altough i dont know how it will be when Halo Infinite comes out. Its completly diffrent games in the end.
I've been enjoying it. Haven't had any major bugs that disrupted gameplay.
It's been almost a week since CEA flights began and I want to hear what you guys have to say about it, pro's and con's, likes and dislikes, bugs, whatever.
not too many bugs but there are some game breaking features like in campaign that has been a problem for a while in the game I am unsure if it is a bug * could be development error * but in CEA graphics objects such as trees, props , cover are less bulky in size and when switching to Classical graphics you can see the object is wider so your bullets will be blocked in campaign mode I have already put a ticket for this bug those who are apart of the flight you can confirm this with mostly all objects in campaign. I hope they actually fix this as this is a important issue especially when tossing a grenade firing your bullets and it will affect speed runners as well. I feel like the game is fairly not a huge buggy mess but still has quite a few that need fixing.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
I've seen some minor bugs, which have been laid out all over the forum like the zoom bug, but my overall experience is that it runs and plays amazing. I haven't even heard one person complain about controllers so hopefully everything is fixed there though I don't think there was much of a problem to begin with. From what I have seen the Flights are going extremely well and unless there are some set backs between now and the end I would imagine that CE will launch at the end of the month or at least very early next month.
I ran into somebody on snipers using a duke xb1 controller and he was on the top of the enemy leaderboard and had the most kills out of anybody in the match, which is why I don't play snipers or swat ever.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
I ran into somebody on snipers using a duke xb1 controller and he was on the top of the enemy leaderboard and had the most kills out of anybody in the match, which is why I don't play snipers or swat ever.
I don't think that has anything to do with controllers. People have always been really good with snipers for CE to the point where it seems like they are cheating. I usually don't like snipers anyway, but I hate it even more so on CE because people are able to basically one shot you the second you spawn.
Sekij wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
the problem is regional in the end, people from like Asutralia have tough luck even with popular games like Escape from Tarkov (used to be also small good ol days :D).

Yep you got that right being in Australia I can say that the 300ms to 500ms lag is a killer in shooter game.
I haven't gotten the chance to play multiplayer, that's mainly because I never found any games :(

Tried campaign, decent enough as you'd expect, although often enemy heads will get all twisted after they die, most noticeable on Elites.

The biggest issue for me though was every so often there would be this loud buzzing sound like a giant wind turbine was just going at it. It would happen a couple times in a level at random corners. The closer you get the more audible it was. You could just walk away from it, but if you run into it suddenly and are wearing headphones your ears aren't going to appreciate it for sure. Of course this is my first time playing CE, so I don't even know if that's abnormal, but it's super loud compared to the rest of the game audio when you are right next to it.

I also hope that the campaign coop will actually be functional this time on PC unlike with Reach. I straight up got the game to play coop with my friend :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3