Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Fool me twice shame on me.

OP kendiese

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
For the hype train here, I would lend you all caution, 343 screwed the pooch here before. It took them multiple years to get it right. Remember a small group of Devs will be working this title over AGAIN. We have been down this road tread carefully. USE CAUTION
That's not so much a "small group of Devs", but rather "development teams". 343, Ruffian, and Splash Damage. Also, I imagine some Halo Insiders will be recruited, if they haven't already. I believe this project has grown quite a bit.

But your point still stands. That's always my motto. Expect the worst. That way, when it comes ... well, you expected it. And if it doesn't, then you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised.
The fact that Microsoft green-lit MCC onto Steam means one thing. They are fully committed to bring Halo to a wider audience. To bring the long lost veteran players back to the Halo franchise and its community.

To be honest with you. I don't like Halo 4's casual game-play, and I completely ignored Halo 5 due to the game being a generic shooter that's definitely not an Xbox One seller. I didn't even bother buying an Xbox One.

You're correct that 343i messed up during the initial release of MCC. However, I highly doubt Microsoft and 343i will make the same mistake again. 343i spent the last year refining and fixing MCC with the help of the community. They could have just called it a lost cause and left it in a horrid state, but they kept at it and fixed the main issues and improved the game.

So, the process of releasing one game at a time is a great way to iron out game breaking issues in an isolated setting. I think the MCC for the PC will be handled with care this time around.
kendiese wrote:
For the hype train here, I would lend you all caution, 343 screwed the pooch here before. It took them multiple years to get it right. Remember a small group of Devs will be working this title over AGAIN. We have been down this road tread carefully. USE CAUTION
Agreed. The biggest most immediate concern is that they won't keep keyboard players separated from controller players or even give us the option to opt out of playing with keyboard players.

This has the potential to really screw things up for the console fans, but I hope that's an unfounded fear.
This has bad bad very bad all over it. 343's track history is if it were a grading scale would be D- C-. Halo 4 lacking soul generic shooter, Halo 5 Black Ops Clone, and MCC it literally took years for a proper update. USE CAUTION
I'm excited to see the campaign graphics on my pc. I don't really care about multiplayer that much. Just give me the campaigns in their upscaled graphics glory. I'm sure they can pull that off without too much trouble.
Not making the same mistake again. I ended up buying the Xbox one just for mcc when it came out. It ended up being mostly a waste of money. MCC was broken until recently and I barely played the Xbox one.

Gonna wait to make sure this works properly before getting it. Otherwise, *insert topic title here*
343 literally can’t mess this up or halo as franchise would be in actual Real danger.
If they screw it up too bad Steam will refund us.
If they screw it up too bad Steam will refund us.
Luckily.
In general, I'm very cautious when it comes to 343i. However, them releasing the game separately over time might be their way to manage the roll out much more smoothly than when they dropped the MCC on the Xbox all at once years ago.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, for now.
343 has had a track history of not releasing a product that has been tested for a ZBR release. Now the have sub contracted there product again....
I don't get the hate about the old MCC on XBOX before the recent big update. It always worked fine for me both single player and multiplayer.
I don't get the hate about the old MCC on XBOX before the recent big update. It always worked fine for me both single player and multiplayer.
The problem is that it was broken on launch for most players and remained so for many others after all the updates and patches that occurred up until 2015. So while many didn’t have any issues, there were plenty that did and that’s not okay since everyone who bought the game and Live should be able to access every mode.
kendiese wrote:
343 has had a track history of not releasing a product that has been tested for a ZBR release. Now the have sub contracted there product again....
There is a going to be a flighting program where the community can get involved and help test out the games before they launch. Also it's literally impossible not to have bugs / issues in a game when it launches, welcome to the world of software development. There's always going to be something that needs fixed and fixes that have a knock-on effect of causing bugs elsewhere.
tuhin94 wrote:
The problem is that it was broken on launch for most players and remained so for many others after all the updates and patches that occurred up until 2015. So while many didn’t have any issues, there were plenty that did and that’s not okay since everyone who bought the game and Live should be able to access every mode.
Also a larger population goes a long way to promote a healthy competitive environment, which most of us missed out on due to the state of the game.
I'm excited to see the campaign graphics on my pc. I don't really care about multiplayer that much. Just give me the campaigns in their upscaled graphics glory. I'm sure they can pull that off without too much trouble.
Well i play Halo mostly for Campaign also and they are pretty good imo.Only Halo 2 has some problems about enemies not dual wielding the weapons.Not sure about the authenticity of other games but Halo 2 is a bit different i think.
kendiese wrote:
This has bad bad very bad all over it. 343's track history is if it were a grading scale would be D- C-. Halo 4 lacking soul generic shooter, Halo 5 Black Ops Clone, and MCC it literally took years for a proper update. USE CAUTION
Of course we will use caution. Remember that because the collection is coming to Steam we will have the sweet and buttery smooth refunds we can make use of. Really massive issues should be seen in the 2 hours you have to request a refund.
I really hope it will go well for them though but if they can't get it right this time even after the game(s) going through the community testing phases I will not hesitate to refund and re-buy the collection at a later date for cheaper.
I think 343 has officially learned from most of their mistakes. I mean they are bringing in tons of old Bungie employees and taking their sweet time releasing these games. I feel like if they were gonna mess this up as bad as the first time then they would have already released MCC to the PC community. This time they are releasing 1 game at a time and they are in no rush to do so which is a good recipe for quality content. Plus it would be REALLY stupid of them to hurt themselves at this specific time considering their highest competitors are on a major downside right now (BO4 and BF5)
I think.the mcc PC adaption if done well is a really good testing ground for Infinite release, build some trust and good will and of course cash in on everyone's nostalgic memories.

Done badly, well I'm pretty sure it's all.over for 343i and infinite might as not launch as the consumer trust will never recover
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2