Skip to main content
I ask the devs to please take their time with Halo CE. Get it right. Have people in your studio actually play the original 2003 release again on PC and simply improve graphics and fix the bugs that never got patched. The experience should be almost identical to what it was the first time. There are tricks with weapons and map tricks that were unique to the original PC version that we should still be able to do in the up coming version. Ill be going test crazy once its released to give a full report since i played it for 7 years and know what it should be like.
You do mean fix the PC version to be more like the actual version of CE which is on Xbox OG?
No i mean learn from the CE that released in 2003 on PC and improve upon that in the new engine.
Halo CE on MCC is the pc version, not the xbox version
Played hpc for 9 years bro I feel you.

Played CE on MCC Xbox one and it was okay but the main problem, that will also be on the next pc version is : no server bowser.

Which means not strong community.
fLaayN wrote:
Played hpc for 9 years bro I feel you.

Played CE on MCC Xbox one and it was okay but the main problem, that will also be on the next pc version is : no server bowser.

Which means not strong community.
But most everything else seemed the same? CE is the one im most looking forward to. Not having the server browser does suck in the way that clans cant have their own servers like they used to. Often times i find the "in house" game types are rather inaccurate in their description or rather bland but then again i dont know what the plans for the future will be either. If you want a strong community i can refer you to the one im in :)
Halo CE on MCC is the pc version, not the xbox version
It is the newest pc version yes but not the only pc version. Im not talking about xbox at all here.
I wonder what the netcode will be like. So exciting to see what they can -Yoink- up a second time 17 years later
Netcode in CE MCC Xbox is normal, which is something I'm sad about imo haha.

So yeah the MCC version has not this glory 3d models on walls and nice camo effects like the Xbox original version, in pc we could turn it on with a line in the halo.txt file or if you had a ATI card.

But we still are able to double melee with a nade in between for example.

They also added the maps that only PC version had, the rocket warthog and the missile launcher.
I'd appreciate if multiplayer is like Halo Custom Edition; they work on the netcode and eac kills the cheaters. The cheaters is the biggest problem that bugged me alot.
I'd rather they restore the xbox version since that is not playable on anything other than original hardware really. The original PC version will never go away due to mods and all that.