Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Getting the Avalanche sniper skin is frustrating

OP Omisake

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So ever since you guys said that if we reach rank 20 in Recon Slayer, I've been trying to grind for it. This has easily been my most frustrating and infuriating Halo experience in well over a decade of playing. I got so close, all the way to 19, and then ever since I've just been losing game after game after game, and now I'm all the way back down to 17. I had a game right now where we lost by a few kills and a teammate went 5-23. I can't even properly express how much that annoys me with this game. 1 or 2 wins away but because the matchmaking is horrible, I dropped 2 levels and now I have 3 to go. What an absolutely atrocious system. I was talking to people in game chat about this and every single one of us said the same thing; this whole trying to get this skin has been absolutely horrible and it was a god awful idea. I used to play a lot of MLG and hardcore stuff back in the day when I liked playing more competitively, and even that does not even come close to how sweaty this playlist has been. Seriously, I'd love to know the thought process of whoever brought up this idea and also who approved it.

Please for the love of all this good and holy, never, ever do anything like this again. Literally all this has done is make me not even want to touch Halo, I've never hated this game more than I do right now. Ranked is completely broken and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the point was to play with people at my skill level? Now I know there's a low population on this game so it's harder to do that, but honestly, this kinda garbage contributes to that. I have friends who aren't super amazing at this game and they don't even wanna touch it because of how horrible the experience has been trying to get this skin. And then in game, I keep getting teammates who quit, are horrible (not their fault, they shouldn't be put in my game in the first place), or AFK, or whatever else. How is this fair? Why am I getting punished even though I did well but I lost because of my team? And then I rank down? This is absolutely ridiculous so please address this issue. I'm so close to being done with this game.

Edit: Nope, I lied. I'm not down to 17, I kept playing and now I'm all the way down to 15. I'm done with trying to get this skin. It just isn't worth what it takes to get it and all it did is ruin any enjoyment I got out of playing this game. I hopped on the Halo 4 flight for some BTB and it's amazing; I genuinely forgot how much fun a casual and laid back Halo experience is.
Omisake wrote:
Even if they just halved the rank requirement to 10, it'd be a lot more enjoyable.
Then it'd still do what they wanted:
  1. Get people to try the playlist.
  2. People can still earn the skin.
IXI Sean wrote:
Omisake wrote:
Even if they just halved the rank requirement to 10, it'd be a lot more enjoyable.
I still wouldn't love it because it doesn't completely solve the problem, just make you suffer with it for a shorter period of time but that'd be an infinitely better idea. Just keep this stuff to social.
You're complaining about low lv teammates at lv 17, a low lv. The playlist is super new and the ranks of everyone are very similar. Youre going to have bots on your team the closer to 20 you are, you just need to carry harder.
Axo wrote:
You're complaining about low lv teammates at lv 17, a low lv. The playlist is super new and the ranks of everyone are very similar. Youre going to have bots on your team the closer to 20 you are, you just need to carry harder.
Dude, nearly EVERYONE on MCC PC is a low level, the highest rank in Team Slayer is 40. Everyone gets stuck at a low rank because the best players can't find matches above 40, so they make smurfs and smack everyone at a lower level, and there isn't a population to even the ranks out. I had a 50 in H3 back in the day and I'm a 24 on MCC PC.

Two things to blame here - The matchmaking system IS garbage, and people at level 17 in this playlist shouldn't get bots that go -10 every game, however the system is probably putting teams together so at least you can find a game. Hopefully crossplay will alleviate some of these issues. Hopefully.
IXI Sean wrote:
Omisake wrote:
Maybe it’s about having the skin because you earned it and it is a difficult skin to get. If they wanted to have it so easily available and not cool when you see it because it’s so common, they probably would have just added it as an unlock in normal ranked slayer modes or like you suggest, at a lower easier to obtain rank.
Terrible Game type, waste of time and not fun
Axo wrote:
"you need to carry harder"

Isn't it an issue if achieving rank 20 is dependent on how hard you got to carry?
Axo wrote:

Isn't it an issue if achieving rank 20 is dependent on how hard you got to carry?
For real though! That's such a broken system if the only way you can get something is dependent on how much you're able to carry your team... like that's completely fundamentally flawed.
Axo wrote:

no, if youre good enough youll get a 20
Axo wrote:
Dude, nearly EVERYONE on MCC PC is a low level, the highest rank in Team Slayer is 40. Everyone gets stuck at a low rank because the best players can't find matches above 40, so they make smurfs and smack everyone at a lower level, and there isn't a population to even the ranks out. I had a 50 in H3 back in the day and I'm a 24 on MCC PC.

Two things to blame here - The matchmaking system IS garbage, and people at level 17 in this playlist shouldn't get bots that go -10 every game, however the system is probably putting teams together so at least you can find a game. Hopefully crossplay will alleviate some of these issues. Hopefully.
you need to let go of 360, a 360 50 and mcc 50 are completely different.
You could make 14 perfect record 50 accounts in h3 in the amount of games it takes for one mcc 50
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

With all due respect, "git gud" isn't a viable fix to matchmaking issues.
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

you need to let go of 360, a 360 50 and mcc 50 are completely different.
You could make 14 perfect record 50 accounts in h3 in the amount of games it takes for one mcc 50
I know the difference between a 360 50 and an MCC 50, you don't need to preach to me. That doesn't change the fact the ranking system is bogus.
Omisake wrote:
So ever since you guys said that if we reach rank 20 in Recon Slayer, I've been trying to grind for it. This has easily been my most frustrating and infuriating Halo experience in well over a decade of playing. I got so close, all the way to 19, and then ever since I've just been losing game after game after game, and now I'm all the way back down to 17. I had a game right now where we lost by a few kills and a teammate went 5-23. I can't even properly express how much that annoys me with this game. 1 or 2 wins away but because the matchmaking is horrible, I dropped 2 levels and now I have 3 to go. What an absolutely atrocious system. I was talking to people in game chat about this and every single one of us said the same thing; this whole trying to get this skin has been absolutely horrible and it was a god awful idea. I used to play a lot of MLG and hardcore stuff back in the day when I liked playing more competitively, and even that does not even come close to how sweaty this playlist has been. Seriously, I'd love to know the thought process of whoever brought up this idea and also who approved it.

Please for the love of all this good and holy, never, ever do anything like this again. Literally all this has done is make me not even want to touch Halo, I've never hated this game more than I do right now. Ranked is completely broken and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the point was to play with people at my skill level? Now I know there's a low population on this game so it's harder to do that, but honestly, this kinda garbage contributes to that. I have friends who aren't super amazing at this game and they don't even wanna touch it because of how horrible the experience has been trying to get this skin. And then in game, I keep getting teammates who quit, are horrible (not their fault, they shouldn't be put in my game in the first place), or AFK, or whatever else. How is this fair? Why am I getting punished even though I did well but I lost because of my team? And then I rank down? This is absolutely ridiculous so please address this issue. I'm so close to being done with this game.

Edit: Nope, I lied. I'm not down to 17, I kept playing and now I'm all the way down to 15. I'm done with trying to get this skin. It just isn't worth what it takes to get it and all it did is ruin any enjoyment I got out of playing this game. I hopped on the Halo 4 flight for some BTB and it's amazing; I genuinely forgot how much fun a casual and laid back Halo experience is.
I went down from 16 all the way DOWN to 11. I'm done. No more halo for a few months. I want to love the game, I really do, but locking a skin behind a ranked playlist ain't it chief. COD doesn't even do this >:(
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

its a challenge for a reason, its not one of those play 2 games get a token and unlock skin. And how can they fix bad players searching? Just ban everyone who sucks?
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

its a challenge for a reason, its not one of those play 2 games get a token and unlock skin. And how can they fix bad players searching? Just ban everyone who sucks?
Or, maybe perhaps put people against similar skill? They have had more than enough time to revamp this broken SBMM, low population or not, a skilled player should NOT have to carry 3 individuals all at once, its not fair to the skilled player, nor is it fair to be stomped on when everyone at the match knows it is not fair. This should not have been a challenge at all. l get this is a challenge, but when 4 level 1's go against 30's a lot more often than usual, when do you draw the line when its rather not a challenge, but random luck?
It just isn't fair for anyone. The match is always balanced heavily one way or another. Only in five of a fifty games have I seen a game end within ten points of each other.
Agreed, it's a stupid way to earn it.
I gave up as I'm real bad at ranked lol
Axo wrote:
Axo wrote:

is going 21-9 good enough?? is 25-10?? we get matched with noobs on our teams against sweats, get a grip, mmr is broken
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2