Can you no longer just play griffball anymore, do you have to go through action sack. If this is true.... why.
Probably due to many players boosting and exploiting the mode to game the XP system.
yeah, it's gone

instead of dealing with the root of the problem they took a scorched earth approach... super disappointing
Unfortunately. I loved that game.
Shame really, it's the only reason I played, I played halo 3 griffball, and Reach, besides campaign with friends on the rare occasion, griffball is all that brings me back. Hopefully they will realise the folly of their ways.
Good, I'm happy its gone.
apparently there was a way to get past the xp cap and get more. They fixed it but also moved it to action sack. EPIC
Wait it's gone when did that happen I've been gone a few months and this happens!
Left because Reach's multiplayer was garbage and the only redeeming quality was grifball and they remove it? WTF? At least CE multiplayer rocks, except for the competitive groups that play social
The devs couldn't find a way to prevent players from botting xp, so they removed the entire playlist from the game. Hate to see it.
Zombie3153 wrote:
yeah, it's gone

instead of dealing with the root of the problem they took a scorched earth approach... super disappointing
It's a simple case of one or more people abusing it so everyone has to suffer...
I'm sure you've had moments in school where one kid screws over everyone when it comes to a popular thing to do in class before.

People don't care if they ruin it for everyone, as simple as that. Maybe the solution wasn't as straight forward so it had to be changed entirely ( probably couldn't figure out how to keep bots from grinding exp from it ). You can thank the people who botted it for it's exclusion...
Zombie3153 wrote:
yeah, it's gone

It's a simple case of one or more people abusing it so everyone has to suffer...
I'm sure you've had moments in school where one kid screws over everyone when it comes to a popular thing to do in class before.

People don't care if they ruin it for everyone, as simple as that. Maybe the solution wasn't as straight forward so it had to be changed entirely ( probably couldn't figure out how to keep bots from grinding exp from it ). You can thank the people who botted it for it's exclusion...
that's the most infantile nonsense ever (which is only confirmed by your obtuse schoolyard analogy)

they don't get a pass for removing something I liked because they didn't want to put in the effort to remove people who exploit. Exploiters will always move on to the next easiest thing. Removing the queue doesn't address any problems, it just forces a game of whack-a-mole with a different queue type, repeating forever.

They don't get credit for trying to put a bandaid on cancer. The only people to "thank" for this are the people refusing to address the problem head-on: 343
Just want to give my two cents about this. Griffball is fun, yes. But people abusing it for XP is just total nonsense and taking action was necessary. There isn't anything to gain from the XP besides the Reach armor which is done quick and a emblem next to your GT while in the lobby that just shows how much you've been playing. It just boggles my mind that people want to grind XP for "big numbers".
I Achi I wrote:
Just want to give my two cents about this. Griffball is fun, yes. But people abusing it for XP is just total nonsense and taking action was necessary. There isn't anything to gain from the XP besides the Reach armor which is done quick and a emblem next to your GT while in the lobby that just shows how much you've been playing. It just boggles my mind that people want to grind XP for "big numbers".
IMHO it would've saved a lot of grief if we could've just imported our xbox progress. Tying unlocks to MP all but guarantees some amount of players scumming XP.
Campaign should reward XP at the very least.
Zombie3153 wrote:
yeah, it's gone

What did you expect them to do?
people are exploiting griffball to farm exp and ruining it for everyone else. 343 could,

A. remove grifball as a permenent playlist
or
B. completely rework the entire games progression system.#

Which one do you think they would do?
Zombie3153 wrote:
yeah, it's gone

What did you expect them to do?
people are exploiting griffball to farm exp and ruining it for everyone else. 343 could,

A. remove grifball as a permenent playlist
or
B. completely rework the entire games progression system.#

Which one do you think they would do?
Ah, a false dichotomy, cool. Instead of replying with this nonsense you can save us both some time and read my other post.