Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Griffball must be removed like right now

OP Slickini

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have no words to describe the insanity I had to experience in that game mode. Too many cheaters.
Then don't play it?
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?
Have you seen the amount of cheaters in those games? They just play to XP farm. I only played TWO games and that was enough for me. the second game, literally everyone was LINING UP, I am not even kidding, just running straightforward ONE BY ONE to kill themselves.... like what the hell is this? The worst part is if I go ahead and attempt to kill one of them.... suddenly the guy knows I am about to kill him.. so he kills me.
I don't think removing it is the right idea.
But it's true i played it twice because everybody talks about it ( i usualy only play invasion )
and good lord what a mess ....
Afk farms... everywhere
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?
Have you seen the amount of cheaters in those games? They just play to XP farm. I only played TWO games and that was enough for me. the second game, literally everyone was LINING UP, I am not even kidding, just running straightforward ONE BY ONE to kill themselves.... like what the hell is this? The worst part is if I go ahead and attempt to kill one of them.... suddenly the guy knows I am about to kill him.. so he kills me.
i dont blame them, the progression system is terrible and people dont wanna deal with it
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?
i dont blame them, the progression system is terrible and people dont wanna deal with it
I find it ridiculous you think XP farming is ok on Reach.
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?
I agree with you, that XP farming is not okay. Just because the progression system isnt too good, AFK farming is not an acceptable solution. Just like removing an entire game mode, because people are botting it is also not an acceptable solution. It's been said the ban hammer is coming for those that have been macro farming and botting, posted on ske7ch's Twitter a few days ago. Just have to see when it happens, but I venture to guess soon. Until then, we just have to deal with it, or play around it, i.e. different game modes, because removing the mode entirely is just not a good solution.
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?
I already did my time on Reach. I'm not waiting again to get my swag

And the sword lines aren't really cheating. Nobody us using bots or cheats, its just the community working together for mutual gain. Its a part of what makes halo great, the community coming together :)
I think they just removed XP from Grifball, played a couple matches and couldn't even get any XP from it anymore
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

And the sword lines aren't really cheating. Nobody us using bots or cheats, its just the community working together for mutual gain. Its a part of what makes halo great, the community coming together :)
Wow, then no more Griffball for me. I have never seen this back in 2011-2012. This is next level insanity.
If they have time to remove Grifball, surely they'd have time to fix the issue itself? If not just adding a report system would be nice.
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

Wow, then no more Griffball for me. I have never seen this back in 2011-2012. This is next level insanity.
This wasnt possible in the game back then as fully lobby cooperation was really only made possible by text chat. It's actually really cool when you think about it, you dont see that kind of stuff outside of the Halo community
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

This wasnt possible in the game back then as fully lobby cooperation was really only made possible by text chat. It's actually really cool when you think about it, you dont see that kind of stuff outside of the Halo community
Cool for you, but experience ruining for me. This could happen in any games
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

If they were to remove Grifball, then it'd just circulate into other gamemodes. The fact that people are doing this to begin with is indicative of community displeasure with the mechanics behind progression, given that running Grifball for progression is faster than leveling through Firefight. They need to desperately change progression and how it works such as removing the season pass and reverting to previous systems, rather than removing Grifball outright.
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

If they were to remove Grifball, then it'd just circulate into other gamemodes. The fact that people are doing this to begin with is indicative of community displeasure with the mechanics behind progression, given that running Grifball for progression is faster than leveling through Firefight. They need to desperately change progression and how it works such as removing the season pass and reverting to previous systems, rather than removing Grifball outright.
Except, for the fact that people will always try and find an easier way, no matter the system. Yes, this current system is not executed very well, but it isn't inherently flawed.
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

Except, for the fact that people will always try and find an easier way, no matter the system. Yes, this current system is not executed very well, but it isn't inherently flawed.
I disagree. The original CR system was surprisingly well-rounded and thought-out in comparison to what we have now, where we're given the illusion of choice (having to manually spend seasonal tokens), and ultimately have to push through a disgustingly tiresome slog time and time again for any hope of getting something we might find desirable because everything within the season is very poorly spread out. We are also forced into matchmaking- originally, there were "offline" means of progression, such as matchmade Score Attack Firefight (which does require an internet connection, hence "offline") and Campaign (which does not require an internet connection, hence "offline") giving you experience and credits.

I feel that the removal of matchmaking Score Attack and Campaign progression was outright senseless on their part and muddied up progression, and that the very nature of removing things that were already present (such as progression that did not require matchmaking with other players) is an inherent flaw.
Y do you care so much about somthing that small and insignificant compared to some of the things that 343 has to worry about grif ball is such small part of the game.
the afk thing is not an ez thing to fix and would take time away from thing that really matter to the franchise +afkers only get 1k to 2.5k witch is a extremely small amount in 12-15hours you would only get 2 to 3 lvl if that.

im sorry but the best thing to do is just forget about it and not let it bother you cuz things like this happen in every game you just have to accept it, and to think otherwise would be stubborn and selfish
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

ahaha sword line was made back in halo reach in 2010-2011 , its BEEEEEN a thing a long time
BIG343SAW wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Hamel wrote:
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?

ahaha sword line was made back in halo reach in 2010-2011 , its BEEEEEN a thing a long time
and I'm glad it's coming back, makes the progression system let's frustrating so we can unlock the stuff that we actually want in less time
Slickini wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
Slickini wrote:
MegaYeti wrote:
Then don't play it?
can you blame someone for hating a terribly designed system? i bet 90% of the playerbase hates this new garbage system and its not their fault, its the developers fault.

if youre gonna get mad at someone its the developers you should be pissed at.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2