Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Guess at System Requirements

OP CapnDerpwad

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Forgive me if this was already asked in here a bazillion times since the announcement.

Would anyone venture to guess what the approximate system requirements might be?

I have a pretty low end laptop. (i5, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4400 which is actually surprisingly good on low-medium settings for anything made more than a few years ago.) I immediately assumed at first that there's no way in crap I'd be able to run it, but the more I think about it, honestly all of these games except for H2A came out in 2012 or earlier, on low settings they might not be THAT intensive, really. I'm thinking there might at least be a prayer of a chance I could run them all at 25-30 fps with the possible exception of H2A.
I would imagine your laptop would be capable of running them somewhat, due to their initial age, but it will all depend on how well 343 ends up optimizing the games for PC.
This was covered during the AMA
Quote:
Q. PC System requirements?
Quote:
A. Ultimately, flighting and the results of those tests will help finalize the min specs but we want to support the widest range of hardware possible. We'll definitely share spec details soon.
Forgive me if this was already asked in here a bazillion times since the announcement.

Would anyone venture to guess what the approximate system requirements might be?

I have a pretty low end laptop. (i5, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4400 which is actually surprisingly good on low-medium settings for anything made more than a few years ago.) I immediately assumed at first that there's no way in crap I'd be able to run it, but the more I think about it, honestly all of these games except for H2A came out in 2012 or earlier, on low settings they might not be THAT intensive, really. I'm thinking there might at least be a prayer of a chance I could run them all at 25-30 fps with the possible exception of H2A.
I have a laptop almost like yours, I think you could run H CE, H2 and H3, in H4, Reach maybe you have problems
I'm sure settings can be lowered! Likely at first, most issues we have will be due to software/code problems and not hardware, which will get smoothed out over time. So don't be too upset if at first it doesn't work well, it may not just be your PC.
running a laptop with 850m gtx, it should suffice, with shadows lowered for 60 FPS as asual.
running a laptop with 850m gtx, it should suffice, with shadows lowered for 60 FPS as asual.
I have a 1060 and I still lower shadows just by force of habit.
I would be interested to see the requirements, nonetheless my PC should be able to handle it no problem
There is a certain (and very controversial) game floating about somewhere on the net called [REDACTED], which can be used for testing your hardware setup and give a general idea of the minimum system requirements list we may see with MCC when it drops.
I mean they are fairly old games so the specs will prob be low. It also majorly relies on how well 343 optimizes the game as well.
I have a GTX 960 and it can run almost all games at med-high settings 60fps so I'm guessing around my computer's spec range which isn't too terrible to begin with other than my GPU
Just for the sake of it, you're probably going to need somewhere in the mark of 8gb RAM, an i5 from at least the 3rd generation of CPUs, and probably no lower than an 850 gtx graphics card. Just my guess, but only because H2 is the PC port, but other games (Reach and 4) are going to be a lot more intensive than H2 is/was.
If you start comparing that what Halo Reach run on x360, you can't compare it straight to PC parts.
If that xbox had a cpu somewhat comparable to an older i5 f.e, running the game with same settings and results must need a better cpu than that same example i5 when ran on PC

My hopes are that people with lower end specs have a chance at 720-768p with integrated graphics. Me personally topping with 9600k w/ 1080ti hopíng to see 1440p 144fps a thing :)
Donttu wrote:
If you start comparing that what Halo Reach run on x360, you can't compare it straight to PC parts.
If that xbox had a cpu somewhat comparable to an older i5 f.e, running the game with same settings and results must need a better cpu than that same example i5 when ran on PC

My hopes are that people with lower end specs have a chance at 720-768p with integrated graphics. Me personally topping with 9600k w/ 1080ti hopíng to see 1440p 144fps a thing :)
I think we'll get exactly this haha.
It is reasonable to believe that anyone with at least a gtx 1060 could easily conquer H2A fully maxed out. Any CPU/GPU from at least 2014 should be able to handle the MCC on pc.
It is reasonable to believe that anyone with at least a gtx 1060 could easily conquer H2A fully maxed out. Any CPU/GPU from at least 2014 should be able to handle the MCC on pc.
Ooo I have a 1060, woo
As others have stated OP, I believe that the system reqs won't be that intense. But it does depend on how well 343 optimizes them, In that regard, I assume flights will also play a key role in this. Since you have to give up your dxdiag, With that in mind they must be trying to get a good baseline for testing then optimization.

But then again that is just my opinion.
It probably won't be super demanding, these games ran on the Xbox 360, so any PC you have past 2013 should be alright lol
Donttu wrote:

Of course you cannot really compare CPUs between consoles and PCs, but power wise I think the x360 was closer to an Intel quad core
Mep Ahoo wrote:
Donttu wrote:

Of course you cannot really compare CPUs between consoles and PCs, but power wise I think the x360 was closer to an Intel quad core
Your right, it is close to it :)
Used to own a i5-4430, went -> to i5-4690k and now i5-9600k...
those 4th gens were close to the performance of the one in x360
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2