Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Guess we have to wait 9 months between each game

OP fidothegran

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
CE flighting has been delayed, to no one's surprise. Guess the full thing won't be out until 2023.
Nice optimism there, mate. What a productive frame of thought.
I bet the devs feel real encouraged by your tantrums. It'll be out when it can be.
S1imothyJ wrote:
Being optimistic brings the same results: nothing, nothing happens/improves/gets better after saying "oh well, ready when it's ready guys", just like Reach, right? That good saying "ready when it's ready", and then it arrived RAW just to meet a deadline and cash-in on xmas. So excuse us for being realistic about 343's dishonesty and not fulfilling many of their promises they made so bravely a while ago, for example, they didn't want people to call it a mere port, because they were "working hard" to deliver the game to PC, so it will feel like it was made for PC, look at what it is today, it arrived feeling like it was meant for PC? That and many other broken promises made people realize that no matter how optimistic you may feel about future flights or thinking "Halo 3 will make people come back guys, have hope!", the fact they refuse to tackle major issues in the game that they released already with the corporate excuse "we're working on it, meanwhile look at this other products we are making in order to get you distracted on the issues that we should have already fixed" just says a lot about what it really matters for them, as a consumer I'm entitled to have a negative opinion about a company that provides me with a product that doesn't meet the standards said company promised.
They honestly can't afford to screw up the CE release. It's universally loved and there's already a solid PC port of the game.
S1imothyJ wrote:
Being optimistic brings the same results: nothing, nothing happens/improves/gets better after saying "oh well, ready when it's ready guys", just like Reach, right? That good saying "ready when it's ready", and then it arrived RAW just to meet a deadline and cash-in on xmas. So excuse us for being realistic about 343's dishonesty and not fulfilling many of their promises they made so bravely a while ago, for example, they didn't want people to call it a mere port, because they were "working hard" to deliver the game to PC, so it will feel like it was made for PC, look at what it is today, it arrived feeling like it was meant for PC? That and many other broken promises made people realize that no matter how optimistic you may feel about future flights or thinking "Halo 3 will make people come back guys, have hope!", the fact they refuse to tackle major issues in the game that they released already with the corporate excuse "we're working on it, meanwhile look at this other products we are making in order to get you distracted on the issues that we should have already fixed" just says a lot about what it really matters for them, as a consumer I'm entitled to have a negative opinion about a company that provides me with a product that doesn't meet the standards said company promised.
dude chill

it could have never happened in the first place, and easily find something else to redirect that frustration on. 343 is working on 3 separate LARGE scale projects right now, they're spread a bit thin, and they've been communicative. it'll be alright.
I just feel you are also one of those who kept complaining about the small problems that came from Reach's release. They are simply leaving it in the oven a little longer so the flights can focus on more important aspects rather than the smaller bugs. This is much better than the game releasing in a bad state. And as I say to so many regarding MCC Pc, they are a small team with a job that is massive with a lot of criticism, as community members we should be supporting them and respecting they want it to come out working properly, not beating them down when they announce a small delay.
Polymuter wrote:
They honestly can't afford to screw up the CE release. It's universally loved and there's already a solid PC port of the game.
Solid? I played and enjoyed Halo PC years back, but that port was most definitely not solid. MP was unplayable a large chunk of the time, no matter if you had a good connection or not. Campaign didn’t exactly run smoothly either. When it worked, the game was fun, especially a lot of the custom Halo 2 inspired maps, but it was a terrible port.
Polymuter wrote:
Yeah, one that is discontinued and basically unplayable on modern systems without tweaks.
I predict that when CE releases it'll be without the Gearbox graphical issues resolved or Forge and Theater. Maybe the Season 2 grind for armour colours won't be as much of a slog, maybe there'll be a few fixes and then they'll chug along and go through the titles like that; with many constant caveats and flaws like 343i is obsessed with it's mindblowing to me that they were handed a top tier series/franchise and have never done anything completely right.
I bet the devs feel real encouraged by your tantrums. It'll be out when it can be.
Oh you mean... iTs ReADy wHeN iTs ReAdY

Ya, i aint falling for that -Yoink- again.
i am ok waiting another month
:)
Heronimon wrote:
I predict that when CE releases it'll be without the Gearbox graphical issues resolved or Forge and Theater. Maybe the Season 2 grind for armour colours won't be as much of a slog, maybe there'll be a few fixes and then they'll chug along and go through the titles like that; with many constant caveats and flaws like 343i is obsessed with it's mindblowing to me that they were handed a top tier series/franchise and have never done anything completely right.
Well that may be a bit hard to fix. You gotta remember this is a port, of a port. Sometimes there may be nothing they can do about that as implementing the OG textures may be too hard.
Heronimon wrote:
Well that may be a bit hard to fix. You gotta remember this is a port, of a port. Sometimes there may be nothing they can do about that as implementing the OG textures may be too hard.
I appreciate they're juggling a lot and issues like that(side note Randy Pitchford is scum) isn't so black and white. But there comes a time when there just isn't anymore room for excuses and they just have to suck it up and make it happen. They have multiple studios helping the 343i publishing team. If resources and manpower are really an issue that needs to be resolved for goodness sake. MCC blossoming into what it should be is integral to the health of the franchise they want to expand and milk. I hope they understand that if only the bare minimum is done and they scrape by and slap it together it's not just making people on the internet like me angry it's also shooting themselves in the foot.

My impression of 343i is that there's many talented people there who are hindered by their corporate master, Microsoft and very poor management. It can't be a good feeling being the redheaded stepchild hated by many and then they finally try to do things the right way - "ready when it's ready." then no doubt Microsoft intervened and insisted on a release for the Christmas season.
I just feel you are also one of those who kept complaining about the small problems that came from Reach's release. They are simply leaving it in the oven a little longer so the flights can focus on more important aspects rather than the smaller bugs. This is much better than the game releasing in a bad state. And as I say to so many regarding MCC Pc, they are a small team with a job that is massive with a lot of criticism, as community members we should be supporting them and respecting they want it to come out working properly, not beating them down when they announce a small delay.
343i/Microsoft is not what I'd call a small team. Whatever you want to call them, they are making Bioware look like a fine-tuned, well-oiled machine in comparison.
343i/Microsoft is not what I'd call a small team. Whatever you want to call them, they are making Bioware look like a fine-tuned, well-oiled machine in comparison.
It's only a small division of 343i working on MCC... That's the small team...
CE flighting has been delayed, to no one's surprise. Guess the full thing won't be out until 2023.
Every 2 month one Halo game can be release on the MCC
I'm pretty sure 343 is not the main studio working on porting the games, it's a small section of Splash Damage if I'm correct, because 343's main attention is the big boi, Infinite
Heronimon wrote:
what? there’s a battle pass for ARMOR COLORS?!
no way.
If they are in a tight spot is because their own mismanagement. They knew Infinite was coming. They new the whole MCC was hard to port. They knew Reach was missing features.

They wanted the christmas sales though, so they went along with it.

I bet the fault of all this stuff is people high up making the wrong decisions, and I really hope they fire them up soon. Its crazy that MS hasnt taken out the franchise from their hands already.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2