Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo 1 Pistol Spread Made Me Quit

OP Irreverent42

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think people are underestimating how serious of an issue the pistol spread “glitch” is. I, along with everyone I know that was excited for MCC on PC, have stopped playing the game. It’s not worth it. It’s broken. Eventually the meta will force a completely different style of play, and it becomes a different game altogether. Not to mention the fact that gaming history has effectively been thrown away with changes like these, which was part of the point of bringing MCC to Steam.

You might read other comments on here and think that “hey we nailed the important parts!” No, you didn’t. It’s not worth playing. Notice how when you make minor changes to Halo 5, the gameplay and the maps all need to change to fit the new gameplay. Even tweaking one variable of the formula has massive changes, especially over time as players adjust and come up with new ways of playing.

I can’t believe that almost 6 years later, this project still has severe gameplay issues. If you work at 343, and you don’t think this is a serious issue, please quit. There are many places in this world for you to fit in and do an actual good job. This isn’t it.

UPDATE: Locking to 60 fps fixes it, apparently.
I completely agree with this. The pistol is the most important weapon in the first Halo game and it's not worth investing time to play it if the most important weapon is broken. It's frustrating when you're expecting your shots to land a certain place and they're not. What's the point? Please make this fix a priority.
Shot placement is apparently accurate at 60fps.

Not a perfect fix. I'm aware. Lets not even get started on that. But it exists. Not that I've tested it yet.
The pistol works properly when the game is locked at 60FPS. It's an uncapped framerate/vsync issue. They just fixed it for 60fps last update I believe: https://youtu.be/LRv_IcnHcqc
The pistol works properly when the game is locked at 60FPS. It's an uncapped framerate/vsync issue. They just fixed it for 60fps last update I believe: https://youtu.be/LRv_IcnHcqc
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to cap my fps at 60 then for now.
This is really bothersome as the only reason for me to play Halo CE on MCC PC is for the 120fps gameplay. If I have to lock it to 60fps I might as well play it on my Xbox or the Gearbox port + chimera.
Thanks for responding.
This is the sole reason why I avoid this game. I am not buying it until its fixed.
This is really bothersome as the only reason for me to play Halo CE on MCC PC is for the 120fps gameplay. If I have to lock it to 60fps I might as well play it on my Xbox or the Gearbox port + chimera.
I agree.

It sucks we have to compromise in some way or another when we decide which version of Halo we want to play.

Oh you want proper animations for projectiles? You want the port issues fixed with CE? You want anti-aliasing? I guess you gotta play a modded CE setup.

But oh, you want co-op? An alive community? The option to use the anniversary graphics? Legal digital versions available?

It sucks for us all. I really hope they can fix the port issues.
Slickini wrote:
This is the sole reason why I avoid this game. I am not buying it until its fixed.
I agree with you. Every PC player I spoke to has expressed that they want the higher framerates.
I agree.

It sucks we have to compromise in some way or another when we decide which version of Halo we want to play.

Oh you want proper animations for projectiles? You want the port issues fixed with CE? You want anti-aliasing? I guess you gotta play a modded CE setup.

But oh, you want co-op? An alive community? The option to use the anniversary graphics? Legal digital versions available?

It sucks for us all. I really hope they can fix the port issues.
Not to mention the fact that I've spent $100 on MCC at this point.
Wow how spoiled the Gaming Community has become 10 years ago 60fps was like way fast now it is just not good enough.

Kind of makes a person wonder why gaming developers sped so much time in making games look awesome I like to run all my games at 1440 or 4K Ultra Settings as I want to see the beauty of the maps. To see all the work done by developers and and to marvel at how far gaming has come visual wise in the last 40 years.

Not just run at low res low visual settings just so I get more FPS but that is me. I like to explore the maps take my time in a game not rush through, taking no notice of all the wonderful work the designers have managed to do.
Alan J T wrote:
Wow how spoiled the Gaming Community has become 10 years ago 60fps was like way fast now it is just not good enough.

Kind of makes a person wonder why gaming developers sped so much time in making games look awesome I like to run all my games at 1440 or 4K Ultra Settings as I want to see the beauty of the maps. To see all the work done by developers and and to marvel at how far gaming has come visual wise in the last 40 years.

Not just run at low res low visual settings just so I get more FPS but that is me. I like to explore the maps take my time in a game not rush through, taking no notice of all the wonderful work the designers have managed to do.
I like to do single player on high/ultra settings and multiplayer on low/medium settings. Plus, I think it makes a huge difference just in terms of eye comfort when you have 120hz or higher.
Alan J T wrote:

I like to do single player on high/ultra settings and multiplayer on low/medium settings. Plus, I think it makes a huge difference just in terms of eye comfort when you have 120hz or higher.
Could do but till a 43" 120hz 4K TV or Monitor hits the shelves for less than $600 AU I am stuck with 60hz 4K Well I may go for a grand but would have to be over 50" for that money. And im not sure my PC would push to 120-FPS for a lot of the games I have. Not in 1440 or 4K high to ultra settings,
Some times being retired on a Fixed Income really blows.
As I only have a tiny tiny NUC to Game on, the GPU I have is bigger than the NUC.

PC specks are
Intel® NUC Hades Canyon
Intel Core i7-8809G 3.1GHz (up to 4.2GHz Turbo) O/C to 4.6GHz on all 4 cores
2x 16GB DDR4 2400+ SODIMMs
Radeon RX Vega M GH 1063-1190MHz GPU, 800MHz Memory 4GB
Razer Core X - Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Fitted with a Radeon RX 5700 O/C to 2011MHz
Has been flashed with the Radeon 5700 XT Bios
512 GB M.2 SATA SSD Operating System and Apps
1TB M.2 SATA SSD Game's only Windows and Steam
4 TB External Hard drive USB-C for Photos and Back up files

PS As much as I love the space saving I get with the NUC and E-GPU it sure is not worth the money. Lesson learned next time will build from scratch on a Micro ATX board.
Alan J T wrote:

Gee, it's almost like people enjoy different aspects of gaming than you.

Anyone that has a differing opinion than you is now considered a "spoiled gamer". Oh my...
Hilarious that a 2003 port of the same game by gearbox is so much better than this in 2020.
bam9762 wrote:
Hilarious that a 2003 port of the same game by gearbox is so much better than this in 2020.
To be fair. They had an actual target for PC gamers.

Which makes it even more funny when you remember that 343 said they're focusing the MCC development for PC gamers. Gearbox, of all companies, actually stuck to the plan better then one that had such a big IP like this dropped on them.
So many Karenposts... the pistol is fine the way that it is.
The pistol is exactly the way I remember it from OG CE. Stop whining about every little stupid thing that you don't like about it. Good job 343i
Even locking at 60 FPS I still experience spread on the Social Playlists using Mouse and Keyboard. Please just remove spread entirely 343, it is not in line with the original experience and makes the game inconsistent. Competitive playlist or not, I would think most players would want their shots to register based accurately off their aim..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2