Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo 1 Pistol Spread Made Me Quit

OP Irreverent42

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The pistol is exactly the way I remember it from OG CE. Stop whining about every little stupid thing that you don't like about it. Good job 343i
No, it is not. Did you LAN at tournaments and friend's houses for hours upon hours even while halo 2 and halo 3 were out? Hell, I even played some just last year on OG Xbox. I think you are not remembering OG Xbox Halo CE correctly. It works fine in competitive apparently, can't test though since I never get games when I sit to play so I just go to Social.
I knew something was up with my pistol not hitting headshots on enemies! I don't think locking the frame rate makes a difference because I play at 60fps locked but my FOV is at 120 so maybe it's the FOV not the 60fps.
Alan J T wrote:
This is really bothersome as the only reason for me to play Halo CE on MCC PC is for the 120fps gameplay. If I have to lock it to 60fps I might as well play it on my Xbox or the Gearbox port + chimera.
Wow how spoiled the Gaming Community has become 10 years ago 60fps was like way fast now it is just not good enough.

Kind of makes a person wonder why gaming developers sped so much time in making games look awesome I like to run all my games at 1440 or 4K Ultra Settings as I want to see the beauty of the maps. To see all the work done by developers and and to marvel at how far gaming has come visual wise in the last 40 years.

Not just run at low res low visual settings just so I get more FPS but that is me. I like to explore the maps take my time in a game not rush through, taking no notice of all the wonderful work the designers have managed to do.
My desktop and laptop both utilize 144Hz+ displays, the laptop at 1920x1080 and the desktop at 2560x1440. It's a common feature, especially for gamers.
Alan J T wrote:
This is really bothersome as the only reason for me to play Halo CE on MCC PC is for the 120fps gameplay. If I have to lock it to 60fps I might as well play it on my Xbox or the Gearbox port + chimera.
Wow how spoiled the Gaming Community has become 10 years ago 60fps was like way fast now it is just not good enough.

There is an extremely noticeable difference between 60 fps and uncapped on a decent PC with high Hz monitor. Don't accuse people who want uncapped FPS of 'rushing'. Because a smooth fluid experience is entirely part of making the game feel great.

Yes, the console version in the day was 30 FPS. So what? They ported the game to PC and promised it would be a thoroughbred PC version, which means 60 FPS just doesn't cut it. PC has always been ahead of consoles hardware-wise. I COULD play at 60 FPS but it feels SO much worse. This doesn't make me spoiled or ungrateful. It makes me someone who invested a lot of money in a decent gaming computer who hopes to get their money's worth. If I wanted to play Halo CE without all the improvements 343i promised, I'd just get the Gearbox version instead.
I never played CE before this so I can't comment directly and am just learning the pistol for the first time shooting it at ~75% speed to stay accurate.

However I did play 2, 3, Reach, and 4 competitively so can totally understand why experienced players would be furious that the primary weapon is gaming breakingly inconsistent when shot in the way they've become accustomed for over 2 decades. Supporting thread.

Idk why they don't just temporarily remove spread from pistol in all playlists until they sort it out. Anyone new enough to hold down the trigger with the pistol isn't a threat to someone that can actually aim.
Quote:

Kind of makes a person wonder why gaming developers sped so much time in making games look awesome I like to run all my games at 1440 or 4K Ultra Settings as I want to see the beauty of the maps. To see all the work done by developers and and to marvel at how far gaming has come visual wise in the last 40 years.

Not just run at low res low visual settings just so I get more FPS but that is me. I like to explore the maps take my time in a game not rush through, taking no notice of all the wonderful work the designers have managed to do.
You realize we spent money on this, right? We kind of expect it to work properly. When the developers say "ready when ready" it needs to be a better experience than something modders did years before the port was even announced.

I understand game development is a stressful job. But once again, the developers said this would be a "premiere experience" and "ready when ready"

You are not spoiled if you want something you PAID FOR to work properly.
The pistol is exactly the way I remember it from OG CE. Stop whining about every little stupid thing that you don't like about it. Good job 343i
Do you play on a 60-FPS cap? This happens at framerates above 30. But it isn't really noticeable until you cross 60fps.
It's fixed now (at least as said in the patch notes, spread is no longer increased over 30 FPS, haven't tried personally), no need to stay discussing this topic.
Do you play on a 60-FPS cap? This happens at framerates above 30. But it isn't really noticeable until you cross 60fps.
Yes i play at 144FPS
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yes i play at 144FPS
Unfortunately, the people developing the CE port were actually neanderthals, so the port is a bit screwed up.

They are planning on fixing it. Hopefully this happens before Halo 3.

I'm incredibly disappointed in 343 Industries when it comes to this port. The amount of issues with all three of these games so far are insane.
The thing is that the team at 343 who are fixing the bugs is actually tiny, like, I don't know how many exactly but im guessing less than 20. The studios main focus is Halo Infinite. The outside companies doing the actual porting are doing it in a way where the game is playable with no game breaking bugs, then moving onto the next game, leaving the tiny team at 343 to actually fix the bugs, while also adding new features and overseeing the ports. Because of this, issues take a long time to get fixed.
While I do kinda agree. 343 Industries told us this would be a "premiere experience"

If the game gives you a literal competitive disadvantage for getting MORE performance, I think there's an issue. The developers should not have promised so much if they could only deliver so little.
If you are a CE fan as much as me, I can't believe you kept playing it on MCC until the spread problem appeared.
Yes i play at 144FPS
Well although the issue is now fixed, your original comment was wrong. No. It was nothing like how it was in OG. People literally did video tests to prove the spread was way way worse.

Now I hope they fix the CE plasma pistol, which I understand has also been bugged on the Xbox version for years?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2