Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] Halo 2:C multiplayer needs to be fixed or removed

OP EnduringBias597

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I cant play the game without going 0-22 or 1-19 if i get lucky with a nade kill
i though i was just outmatched but i came to know that those people used some controller exploits which allows them to use 8 burst br double beat-down flying far with sword
paired with aim assist halo 2 is unplayable for someone new like me
halo multiplayer on pc has been a big flop
only original xbox ogs play the game , finding a new player is like finding nemo.
Sadly they won't fixed any of the Multiplayer, that's the main reason why i am not really into Halo 2 Classic i prefer playing Anniversary.
I wish 343 would actually listen to the fan base and fix the games they have butchered.
DUDE7871 wrote:
I wish 343 would actually listen to the fan base and fix the games they have butchered.
but halo 2 classic is a bungie game

halo 2 anniversary which is made by 343 is perfectly balanced if we remove aim assist from the argument
Those exploits are what made Halo 2 fun. You going 0-22 has nothing to do with how the game plays.
Those exploits are what made Halo 2 fun. You going 0-22 has nothing to do with how the game plays.
yeaaaah sure
i am here shooting with my mouse 3 round bursts with my br and this guy guy comes and unloads his br like a auto rifle and im dead in a second

surprisingly that doesn't happen in halo 2 A or even halo 3.
dont u dare remove halo 2 clasic ! is GR8 . especiely if u played it bak then wen it came out ? jus so meny gr8 memory.
i though i was just outmatched but i came to know that those people used some controller exploits which allows them to use 8 burst br double beat-down flying far with sword
only original xbox ogs play the game , finding a new player is like finding nemo.
Thats how h2 have always been like. And you can do button combos while playing m/kb
And im a new player too, you just suck lol
yeaaaah sure
i am here shooting with my mouse 3 round bursts with my br and this guy guy comes and unloads his br like a auto rifle and im dead in a second

That's your choice to use a mouse and not a controller in Halo 2
yeaaaah sure

It's almost like Halo wasn't built from the ground up for controllers....

Besides you don't need the bxr combos and whatnot (not to mention the combo would be easier to do with a keyboard) to be good at Halo 2 and drop top of the list high kill numbers. He is basically complaining that people have been playing the game for like what, 16 years, are really good at the game. Halo 2 has the highest skill ceiling of all the games, these people have had 16 years of practice myself included. It's really more of a case that OP isn't as good as he thinks he is, I recommend playing only big team to practice instead of 4v4.
I manage to score quite well in Halo 2 Classic with KB/M, usually keeping a positive KDR. While the hit-reg could be improved overall in the game, there's really not anything warranting the game's straight up removal. That would be -Yoinking!- dumb.
yeaaaah sure

lel just double click the fire button then reload = quad shot. No so hard to do. Cap the game to get it constantly.
I manage to score quite well in Halo 2 Classic with KB/M, usually keeping a positive KDR. While the hit-reg could be improved overall in the game, there's really not anything warranting the game's straight up removal. That would be -Yoinking!- dumb.
i do too infact i do much better on halo 2 than halo 3 when playing against normal people(rare in halo 2)

but after a couple of games there comes 2-3 guys that just dominate the whole game and thats not the case in halo 3
same thing always
hell i even know the gamertags of some folks who i see and leave the lobby immediately to prevent an -Yoink- whoopin

the population is so low that i mostly play against the same people
yeaaaah sure

He is basically complaining that people have been playing the game for like what, 16 years, are really good at the game. Halo 2 has the highest skill ceiling of all the games, these people have had 16 years of practice myself included. It's really more of a case that OP isn't as good as he thinks he is I recommend playing only big team to practice instead of 4v4.
1)no ,my point is fix these combo exploits because thats not how bungie intended the players to play.
2)only halo 3 and reach btb is alive
Senior4337 wrote:
Sadly they won't fixed any of the Multiplayer, that's the main reason why i am not really into Halo 2 Classic i prefer playing Anniversary.
yeah anniversary is better but for some reason people dont play it.
it even has a balanced AR
i play with mnk but i dont find any problem with aa in h2a because the game is well balanced in other aspects
lol thats the beauty of Halo 2 classic, best MP ever.
yeaaaah sure

sorry pal but you should not be at a competitve dis advantage just because of your input choice but this should be a liitle better with imput based matchmaking btw just caude those exploits make fun for one person doesnt make it fun for the other and if i remember right in most case exploits are a form of cheating so just cause you dont mean you should
yeaaaah sure

sorry pal but you should not be at a competitve dis advantage just because of your input choice but this should be a liitle better with imput based matchmaking btw just caude those exploits make fun for one person doesnt make it fun for the other and if i remember right in most case exploits are a form of cheating so just cause you dont mean you should
just play something else, Halo 2 classic is not for you and thats ok move on. leave it for us the ones that grew up with it.
yeaaaah sure

He is basically complaining that people have been playing the game for like what, 16 years, are really good at the game. Halo 2 has the highest skill ceiling of all the games, these people have had 16 years of practice myself included. It's really more of a case that OP isn't as good as he thinks he is I recommend playing only big team to practice instead of 4v4.
1)no ,my point is fix these combo exploits because thats not how bungie intended the players to play.
2)only halo 3 and reach btb is alive
Halo 2 classic is alive and well, I can find matches easily. Maybe if you're searching in the middle of the night it can take more than 5 minutes to get a game but it's alive.

I mean you can complain if you suck at the game, but not cry that it needs to be changed cause you're bad at it. Halo 2 classic isn't for you and that's ok. There is 5 other halo games you can matchmake into on MCC
The use of grenades (curve, type, timing, suitable places for bouncing...) and the right understanding of melee mechanics (not necessarily including button combinations, as it's essentially different from the other Halos by default in the sense it's not the same punching staticly than moving or jumping) are key to how a match works in Halo 2 Classic, just like map knowledge and decision making when using one weapon or another (the BR is certainly strong in most situations and will help you outgun less skilled players, but time will tell power weapon control is really vital, and dual-wielding can mean a victory at the right moment and distance). Luckiness can save you once, but won't do so consistently.

As far as I know, the trick you're referring to is exclusive to the campaign and doesn't work in the Multiplayer section of Halo 2 Classic for balancing reasons. It's called "sword flying" and was only re-added to the game for certain speed runs as the the original fans wanted them for the sake of fun. I can understand why this specific multiplayer can be frustrating for new players, but I started just like you in MCC and eventually learnt to both, enjoy and be a valuable teammate. Now, Halo 2 Classic is with no doubt my favourite iteration of multiplayer for countless reasons (vehicle health system, skillful and deep melee system with a decent range, power weapons that guarantee movement around the map, encouraged and powerful dual-wielding when used tactically, well-thought map layout, quick action, interactive elements...).

Aim assist is a concern just like the mouse freedom at any range, speed and precise target adquisition. To be honest, once I switched to mouse and keyboard, I haven't thought of coming back to a controller. While it needs training to have potential in the multiplayer environment, the moment you reach the proper skill ceiling it can be really competitive. Whether one input device or the other is better is up to debate, thus the developers have finally opted to split them up on demand and leave anything as it was originally.

From my point of view, as a new player you just need to either stay away of this side of multiplayer or learn progressively (I'd recommend starting with BTB, SMG starts or Objective modes, then try BR Slayer 4v4 and when you feel you're getting better you could return to Objective for a more tactical approach). I won't deny button combinations can be seen as an exploit, but the frequence you'll see them employed in Social Games is next to zero. In addition, believe it or not, mastering the only useful ones (BXR and RRX - Double Shot) is not an easy task by any means, and they are not necessary at all to be near (or even at) the top of the scoreboard. The points I mentioned in the first two paragraphs are some of the actual improvements a players needs in order to perform properly in a match. Not only that, knowing how to counter button combos is also a possible move, and they're not going to be patched at this point. Your current results are not due to them being in-game. Removing Halo 2 Classic in favour of the fusion that is Halo 2: Anniversary would be the most non-sensical decision I have ever seen, there's no way anyone could agree with that point. You can see my thoughts on that remake here: "How to make H2A an actual successor".
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2