Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo 2 Legendary Campgain

OP Oside 38

So was this ever addressed?
I wanted to know if the iron skull effect can ever be turned off in Halo 2 legendary Co-op. I know thats how it was designed originally, but the beauty of the remaster is that they added newer things and can tweak things if necessary. Since there is an iron skull in the game to turn on and off, it seems illogical for the thing to be active anyway for co-op. More so when you look at all other Halo games and none of them ever restart checkpoints when one player dies while playing on legendary.
Hopefully a developer takes notice and is an easy fix to implement on both PC and Xbox versions
Although I likely would not play co-op for halo 2 legendary given how much of a chore it already is, I would hope that if there was such a bug, that it be fixed.
Unfortunately on Coop for Halo 2, when one person dies it resets back to last checkpoint and this was how it was in the original release, extremely doubtful 343 will remove this. Rule is with the MCC campaigns sometimes, if something was built in like that in the original, it won't be changed, only new additions being added. However with mods coming, I can see the campaign on Coop getting tweaked so that its similar to the other campaigns.
This was never a bug, This was Bungie's way at the time to make the game more challenging.
Unfortunately on Coop for Halo 2, when one person dies it resets back to last checkpoint and this was how it was in the original release, extremely doubtful 343 will remove this. Rule is with the MCC campaigns sometimes, if something was built in like that in the original, it won't be changed, only new additions being added. However with mods coming, I can see the campaign on Coop getting tweaked so that its similar to the other campaigns.
Yeah but did Halo 2A have skulls that you can activate at any time? Did Halo CEA have that? No, but they added those features to make it fun/challenging. Ergo, you should be able to deactivate restart checkpoint while playing splitscreen.
This was never a bug, This was Bungie's way at the time to make the game more challenging.
Yes and it must not be changed.
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have it relegated to the Iron skull like the other games, would make it more consistent then, too.
I played a ton of Halo 2 co-op back in the original days anyways, so I'm used to how it was, but having that minor (and optional) change to the system for co-op can increase the "fun" of it for a lot of people.
IXI Sean wrote:
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have it relegated to the Iron skull like the other games, would make it more consistent then, too.
I played a ton of Halo 2 co-op back in the original days anyways, so I'm used to how it was, but having that minor (and optional) change to the system for co-op can increase the "fun" of it for a lot of people.
Exactly, consistency. Give people more options to play how they want. Its not like your forcing people to play a certain way.
Oside 38 wrote:
IXI Sean wrote:
Exactly, consistency. Give people more options to play how they want. Its not like your forcing people to play a certain way.
I would actually say the best way to do this would be to add another skull that simply disables the effect on legendary. So instead of changing the way Legendary Halo 2 co-op works by default, and having to enable the Iron skull to restore the original game's properties, you'd just keep it the way it's always been by default, but add the option to disable it through a new skull.

That way you're not actually changing the way anything works from the original when playing with default settings, so people who play with no skulls on legendary co-op will still have the same experience as they would in the original game. It would just be an optional tweak like all the other skulls. Since it would only have any use in Legendary co-op, it may seem like a really specific thing to add an entirely new skull for, but Halo 2 Anniversary already has the Prophet Birthday Party skull, and it doesn't get much more specific than that. So I think it would be fine.

Because this would make legendary Halo 2 easier though, it may need to be a non-scoring, achievement-disabled skull since it could otherwise lower the threshold for certain achievements that other players had a more difficult time unlocking before the skull was added. But I think that would be an acceptable compromise.