Since you guys at 343 are updating Halo 2 for PC would it be possible to add in the missing Epilogue for Halo 2 for both PC and Xbox?

You added in the prologue. Not sure why the Epilogue was cut. I mean neither really fit for Halo 2 since they are cutscenes for the Halo 5 story, but you made them so might as well put them both in.

It's also been a bit since I played through Halo 2 on MCC so if they did add it back in let me know.
From my perspective, it'd probably be best that the prologue be cut itself.
From my perspective, it'd probably be best that the prologue be cut itself.
Yes of course the cut version is better
Considering that the Halo 5 story line that those prologue and epilogue were setting up wasn't even properly represented in the final game... I don't see the loss as a major problem.
Considering that the Halo 5 story line that those prologue and epilogue were setting up wasn't even properly represented in the final game... I don't see the loss as a major problem.
I agree, but if you're going to have one you might as well have both or just cut both altogether. The prologue has nothing to do with Halo 2, but if 343 is going to keep it in then they might as well throw the Epilogue on there as well and finish out the cutscene story they were telling. Cause as it stands when you see it you're like why in the hell is this here.
I thought you meant the legendary ending for a moment. Is that in there at all?
How bout we just cut the Halo 5 prologue and Epilogue out of Halo 2?
BmB23 wrote:
I thought you meant the legendary ending for a moment. Is that in there at all?
Halo 2 doesn't have a Legendary ending. It never did. All difficulties end with the final teaser of Cortana and Gravemind in the Flood-infested High Charity following the ending credits (well, in the versions of the game that have the credits intact).
Kaine Rano wrote:
I agree. Halo 5's prologue and epilogue don't belong in Halo 2AE. It even spoils some of the story to new players.
Kaine Rano wrote:
I agree. Halo 5's prologue and epilogue don't belong in Halo 2AE. It even spoils some of the story to new players.
The whole scenery doesn't even become relevant in any part of Halo 5 as well.
Kaine Rano wrote:
Kaine Rano wrote:
How about we just cut Halo 5 out entirely...
Kaine Rano wrote:
Kaine Rano wrote:
That's what I'm saying. Either take both out and just have them as extras in a menu or add them both in. Kinda dumb to only have half of the new scenes in.
do anyone know where is 'New Momsaba'? i though in E3 trailer 2004 https://youtu.be/K_y3cbIV-Xg?t=494 i see this map but not in version I played
hiepxanh wrote:
do anyone know where is 'New Momsaba'? i though in E3 trailer 2004 https://youtu.be/K_y3cbIV-Xg?t=494 i see this map but not in version I played
That was just for the Beta showing for e3 it never actually made it into the game. Though I think you can find a playable version of that e3 showcase on the internet somewhere if you want to play it. That's what I heard anyway I never actually looked myself.

Would be cool though if they added it to the MCC just as a little extra for people to play with.