Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo 3 cannot release without perfect hit reg

OP KnightFJS

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Honestly, if 343 is reading these waypoint posts, use your ElDewrito team. I was a tester for Halo Online during the 0.6 update with multiple people from different regions like in the UK. I don’t know if it is the quality of the dedicated server, but upping the projectile speed definitely improved some. Halo Online used the ODST engine, which is similar to 3’s engine. But the shot registration was pretty much perfect in that regard even in higher ping. Like I said, I would consult the ED team for some feedback on what they did.
Correct. The projectile speed was 400 to compensate for the LAN-style networking that was used, essentially making it hitscan. Also, your post will be edited by the mods if you mention my username.
343 already said that increasing the bullet speed isn't the solution. They don't even want to bother with it, I think they feel like they will just break the game or something by just changing a couple of numbers, well, judging by how amazingly terrible they did their job with Halo 2 MCC PC release, I think it's expected
Quote:
(from the Dev Update) "We can fix this specific issue to behave more like legacy with some careful changes and validation with focused flighting"
343 never said that they wouldn't increase the bullet speed, they're saying that's not all that is at play...
He goes on to say that there were bugs that Bungie had fixed with Halo Reach, that were still present in H3 that cause incorrect information to be applied to game state on the fly.
Quote:
(from the Dev update) "This can lead to stale aim assist information being used, or multiple grenades/equipment being deployed. Fixing this is less straight forward and something that will take time to flesh out fully for a proper solution."
So while the deadline for Halo 3's release is set for less than a week on PC, I wouldn't automatically assume that work on such a high-priority issue is just gonna stop. By the next Dev blog we will most assuredly have more information / update.
epicrotfl wrote:
I don't understand the complaints about the hit registration, Halo 3 feels far more consistent to me than the other games do. Maybe thats just because I grew up with the game, and am used to leading my shots?
Lol you're very very deluded if you seriously believe halo 3 is more consistent than the other games. There's videos that go years back proving the inconsistency of halo 3.
Screecherz wrote:
Is it really that hard to fix though?Again I'm bringing this up because people seem to have the memory of a fish or something, just by increasing the bullet speed of the BR, the weapon feels a lot more reliable to use, so what is 343's excuse to not just flight the new bullet speed if they aren't feeling too confident to implement it on the live build?
H3 has horrible hit registration problems, but I'm not sure I understand why the players in this clip think that a higher bullet velocity is "better"

It appears that changing the velocity helps bullet magnetism, but doesn't actually fix the underlying reg issues. It's treating the symptom and not the disease.

All I see in this clip is higher velocity allowing allow blatant misses to be headshots. How is that a good thing? If the center of your crosshair isn't on your opponents head, it should not hit them unless you are leading them. I come from the PC world so a lot may simply disagree with me here.
Just watch this : 360 vs One
I have also seen this video. There is definitely inconsistency, but if your crosshair isn't on the enemy's head it shouldn't count as a headshot.
If the red dot in the middle appears then its a headshot
Weird. Blatant missing by leading your opponent in the opposite side of them should never register as headshots.

I guess people want more bullet magnetism. I do not.
This is my concern as well; as shown in the video, even though there's a red dot that indicates a headshot, the crosshair is clearly not centered in the player and would miss in an actual fight. I'm afraid such a level of bullet magnetism would make strafing and evading tactics pointless.
You people are entirely missing the point of the video. The fact that the crosshair is not on the player model is inconsequential. The demonstration is being done to show that the absolutely most fundamental mechanic of the game does not behave on MCC as it does on Halo 3. What's the point of re-releasing these titles if 343 is going to butcher the core gameplay loop?

This isn't about whether or not the bullet "should" hit, it's about the fact that in Halo 3 on Xbox 360 it DOES hit, and on MCC it does NOT. This is as black and white as it gets.
thing is its not really about 343i. it is not there fault that it was a mess back in the day. It wasnt done well back then at all. WE all just got use to it as thats all we knew. Then 343i are trying to replicate what was already broken and are breaking it even more. From what i remember h3 hit reg is based on time to target, and it all centers around that 30fps. once you double the frame rate the bullets take half the time to reach the target and thats where things gets messed up. Its really not 343i fault that any of this happened to start with. Its a much harder task to fix as its build into the game from the get go. As people have tested, upping the bullet speed fixes the issue but ofc it removes how you shoot a target and thus changes the way you play h3 which shouldnt be used to fix this issue.
Anyway 343i should really try and fix this, im sure they are, but the last thing i want is them to release halo 3 when this issue isn't fixed.
una yp wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Is it really that hard to fix though?Again I'm bringing this up because people seem to have the memory of a fish or something, just by increasing the bullet speed of the BR, the weapon feels a lot more reliable to use, so what is 343's excuse to not just flight the new bullet speed if they aren't feeling too confident to implement it on the live build?
H3 has horrible hit registration problems, but I'm not sure I understand why the players in this clip think that a higher bullet velocity is "better"

It appears that changing the velocity helps bullet magnetism, but doesn't actually fix the underlying reg issues. It's treating the symptom and not the disease.

All I see in this clip is higher velocity allowing allow blatant misses to be headshots. How is that a good thing? If the center of your crosshair isn't on your opponents head, it should not hit them unless you are leading them. I come from the PC world so a lot may simply disagree with me here.
Just watch this : 360 vs One
I have also seen this video. There is definitely inconsistency, but if your crosshair isn't on the enemy's head it shouldn't count as a headshot.
If the red dot in the middle appears then its a headshot
Weird. Blatant missing by leading your opponent in the opposite side of them should never register as headshots.

I guess people want more bullet magnetism. I do not.
This is my concern as well; as shown in the video, even though there's a red dot that indicates a headshot, the crosshair is clearly not centered in the player and would miss in an actual fight. I'm afraid such a level of bullet magnetism would make strafing and evading tactics pointless.
You people are entirely missing the point of the video. The fact that the crosshair is not on the player model is inconsequential. The demonstration is being done to show that the absolutely most fundamental mechanic of the game does not behave on MCC as it does on Halo 3. What's the point of re-releasing these titles if 343 is going to butcher the core gameplay loop?

This isn't about whether or not the bullet "should" hit, it's about the fact that in Halo 3 on Xbox 360 it DOES hit, and on MCC it does NOT. This is as black and white as it gets.
thing is its not really about 343i. it is not there fault that it was a mess back in the day. It wasnt done well back then at all. WE all just got use to it as thats all we knew. Then 343i are trying to replicate what was already broken and are breaking it even more. From what i remember h3 hit reg is based on time to target, and it all centers around that 30fps. once you double the frame rate the bullets take half the time to reach the target and thats where things gets messed up. Its really not 343i fault that any of this happened to start with. Its a much harder task to fix as its build into the game from the get go. As people have tested, upping the bullet speed fixes the issue but ofc it removes how you shoot a target and thus changes the way you play h3 which shouldnt be used to fix this issue.
Anyway 343i should really try and fix this, im sure they are, but the last thing i want is them to release halo 3 when this issue isn't fixed.
Of course it's 343s fault... Are they the ones selling you a 60fps PC / Xbox one port? Yes. It is their responsibility to get the hit reg fixed to ensure a quality product that functions correctly like the original. Who else's fault would it be? Bungies? No, they made a solid game which functioned correctly for the hardware available at the time. If they are selling you something it is their fault if it doesn't work properly. And we know it doesn't work properly. 343 may need to completely build things from the ground up to work at 60fps so how is it not their fault for failing to do this? It being really hard isn't really an excuse if they want to sell you a game that claims to function like the original and works.
una yp wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Is it really that hard to fix though?Again I'm bringing this up because people seem to have the memory of a fish or something, just by increasing the bullet speed of the BR, the weapon feels a lot more reliable to use, so what is 343's excuse to not just flight the new bullet speed if they aren't feeling too confident to implement it on the live build?
H3 has horrible hit registration problems, but I'm not sure I understand why the players in this clip think that a higher bullet velocity is "better"

It appears that changing the velocity helps bullet magnetism, but doesn't actually fix the underlying reg issues. It's treating the symptom and not the disease.

All I see in this clip is higher velocity allowing allow blatant misses to be headshots. How is that a good thing? If the center of your crosshair isn't on your opponents head, it should not hit them unless you are leading them. I come from the PC world so a lot may simply disagree with me here.
Just watch this : 360 vs One
I have also seen this video. There is definitely inconsistency, but if your crosshair isn't on the enemy's head it shouldn't count as a headshot.
If the red dot in the middle appears then its a headshot
Weird. Blatant missing by leading your opponent in the opposite side of them should never register as headshots.

I guess people want more bullet magnetism. I do not.
This is my concern as well; as shown in the video, even though there's a red dot that indicates a headshot, the crosshair is clearly not centered in the player and would miss in an actual fight. I'm afraid such a level of bullet magnetism would make strafing and evading tactics pointless.
You people are entirely missing the point of the video. The fact that the crosshair is not on the player model is inconsequential. The demonstration is being done to show that the absolutely most fundamental mechanic of the game does not behave on MCC as it does on Halo 3. What's the point of re-releasing these titles if 343 is going to butcher the core gameplay loop?

This isn't about whether or not the bullet "should" hit, it's about the fact that in Halo 3 on Xbox 360 it DOES hit, and on MCC it does NOT. This is as black and white as it gets.
thing is its not really about 343i. it is not there fault that it was a mess back in the day. It wasnt done well back then at all. WE all just got use to it as thats all we knew. Then 343i are trying to replicate what was already broken and are breaking it even more. From what i remember h3 hit reg is based on time to target, and it all centers around that 30fps. once you double the frame rate the bullets take half the time to reach the target and thats where things gets messed up. Its really not 343i fault that any of this happened to start with. Its a much harder task to fix as its build into the game from the get go. As people have tested, upping the bullet speed fixes the issue but ofc it removes how you shoot a target and thus changes the way you play h3 which shouldnt be used to fix this issue.
Anyway 343i should really try and fix this, im sure they are, but the last thing i want is them to release halo 3 when this issue isn't fixed.
Of course it's 343s fault... Are they the ones selling you a 60fps PC / Xbox one port? Yes. It is their responsibility to get the hit reg fixed to ensure a quality product that functions correctly like the original. Who else's fault would it be? Bungies? No, they made a solid game which functioned correctly for the hardware available at the time. If they are selling you something it is their fault if it doesn't work properly. And we know it doesn't work properly. 343 may need to completely build things from the ground up to work at 60fps so how is it not their fault for failing to do this? It being really hard isn't really an excuse if they want to sell you a game that claims to function like the original and works.
People like you are the reason why i think especially PC Players simply doesn't deserve TMCC or any Halo on PC, due how immature, childish and ungratefull (attitudewise) they're. You complain about stuff which you (seemingly) don't understand or simply doesn't care, and trash a company which really trys hard to port over old legacy games which aren't simply made for modern machines, but you have nothing better to do than base your opinion solely an to Company who is behind it.

It's a fact that Bungie "hardcoded" stuff to fit within a very limited plattform, and now 343i have to try to fix that mess. But i neither blame Bungie nor 343i for it, because it is what it is. And no it's not a excuse and also not their fault, it simply is a fact. And build from the Grounds? Are you f**** insane? That would've never payed off and would raise the question if we would've TMCC AT ALL. As much as (Bungie) Halo fanboys don't want to hear it, such old classics aren't in modern times simply not relevant enough anymore to justify such a undertaking, and it's already a wonder that we've gotten TMCC as the way it is. If they would've gone that road, it would've made even more sense to scrap TMCC alltogether and make a complete Remake (and modernize some stuff) to appeal also to newer players... but what you kinda expect is a pretty utopian idea.

So rather be more gratefull the work they put and don't mindlessly discredit it, and be happy that they atleast try to fix the mess. Other Companys would've already thrown the project to the bin and move on a long time ago. And 343i get trashed for keep working on it.
una yp wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Is it really that hard to fix though?Again I'm bringing this up because people seem to have the memory of a fish or something, just by increasing the bullet speed of the BR, the weapon feels a lot more reliable to use, so what is 343's excuse to not just flight the new bullet speed if they aren't feeling too confident to implement it on the live build?
H3 has horrible hit registration problems, but I'm not sure I understand why the players in this clip think that a higher bullet velocity is "better"

It appears that changing the velocity helps bullet magnetism, but doesn't actually fix the underlying reg issues. It's treating the symptom and not the disease.

All I see in this clip is higher velocity allowing allow blatant misses to be headshots. How is that a good thing? If the center of your crosshair isn't on your opponents head, it should not hit them unless you are leading them. I come from the PC world so a lot may simply disagree with me here.
Just watch this : 360 vs One
I have also seen this video. There is definitely inconsistency, but if your crosshair isn't on the enemy's head it shouldn't count as a headshot.
If the red dot in the middle appears then its a headshot
Weird. Blatant missing by leading your opponent in the opposite side of them should never register as headshots.

I guess people want more bullet magnetism. I do not.
This is my concern as well; as shown in the video, even though there's a red dot that indicates a headshot, the crosshair is clearly not centered in the player and would miss in an actual fight. I'm afraid such a level of bullet magnetism would make strafing and evading tactics pointless.
You people are entirely missing the point of the video. The fact that the crosshair is not on the player model is inconsequential. The demonstration is being done to show that the absolutely most fundamental mechanic of the game does not behave on MCC as it does on Halo 3. What's the point of re-releasing these titles if 343 is going to butcher the core gameplay loop?

This isn't about whether or not the bullet "should" hit, it's about the fact that in Halo 3 on Xbox 360 it DOES hit, and on MCC it does NOT. This is as black and white as it gets.
People like you are the reason why i think especially PC Players simply doesn't deserve TMCC or any Halo on PC, due how immature, childish and ungratefull (attitudewise) they're. You complain about stuff which you (seemingly) don't understand or simply doesn't care, and trash a company which really trys hard to port over old legacy games which aren't simply made for modern machines, but you have nothing better to do than base your opinion solely an to Company who is behind it.

It's a fact that Bungie "hardcoded" stuff to fit within a very limited plattform, and now 343i have to try to fix that mess. But i neither blame Bungie nor 343i for it, because it is what it is. And no it's not a excuse and also not their fault, it simply is a fact. And build from the Grounds? Are you f**** insane? That would've never payed off and would raise the question if we would've TMCC AT ALL. As much as (Bungie) Halo fanboys don't want to hear it, such old classics aren't in modern times simply not relevant enough anymore to justify such a undertaking, and it's already a wonder that we've gotten TMCC as the way it is. If they would've gone that road, it would've made even more sense to scrap TMCC alltogether and make a complete Remake (and modernize some stuff) to appeal also to newer players... but what you kinda expect is a pretty utopian idea.

So rather be more gratefull the work they put and don't mindlessly discredit it, and be happy that they atleast try to fix the mess. Other Companys would've already thrown the project to the bin and move on a long time ago. And 343i get trashed for keep working on it.
This is very very unhealthy thinking. You realize that the MCC is a product right? A product that was advertised and sold to consumers who were told they could expect certain things in return. At what point are we allowed to criticize 343i? Or blame them for the shortcomings of MCC? I personally bought every halo game at release (yes, even the HW and twin stick games. I even bought MCC twice), and I bought my xbox's primarily to play them. I even keep an active XBL subscription to ensure I can still play them with friends on console, as well as Halo 5.

Are we not allowed to feel upset when MCC falls short of expectations? Do we need to be major Microsoft investors before we're entitled to give criticism or place blame? This game has been a work in progress since 2014.. That's a long long time.

You're right about one thing though. Many publishers would have wrapped it up and called it a day on a game like MCC, and just labeled it a lost cause. The problem with doing that is that you're effectively labeling that franchise dead. Like anthem for example. Plus, you also risk consumers losing faith in the studio/publisher itself.

Microsoft didn't want to Halo to die, they HAVE to give consumers a reason to still care about Halo. Leaving MCC to die because it was "too hard" to fix, would of done a great deal of damage.

We will NOT become apologists for poorly released products, no matter how "hard" it is to make. We dont ask 343i to make MCC better, we expect it.
gindrE wrote:
Diovangelo wrote:
Man I would sooner play with 30 FPS than play with bad hit reg.
Hopefully a work around is possible.
i got a work around for you,

dont play.
Yeah that's what me and other people with standards will probably do.
What sort of insane, desperate boot-licker do you have to be to go "Yeah, being able to shoot people in an FPS isn't a big deal"?
I really hope some sort of patch addresses the issues with hit registration. To be honest though I'm not to hopeful. Hit reg has been a problem with MCC in general for a while. I'm assuming it has something to do with frame rate but I'm not to savvy with these types of things.
Skoop wrote:
I really hope some sort of patch addresses the issues with hit registration. To be honest though I'm not to hopeful. Hit reg has been a problem with MCC in general for a while. I'm assuming it has something to do with frame rate but I'm not to savvy with these types of things.
From the June development update, the hit registration issues seem to be related to a combination of tickrate and networking issues. Although what you see on screen is being rendered at maybe 120 FPS, the actual game is updating at a fixed 60 Hz (times per second/ "ticks"). Basically the game is using math to predict where things should be onscreen to fill in the gaps between updates and give the illusion of a smooth experience when in actuality that is not the case. In addition to this, Halo 3 was originally hardcoded to update at 30 Hz. This is an issue because the distance the projectile moves in one tick is used for hitscanning (immediately registering the hit). If the tickrate is doubled, this distance is halfed. There are also underlying network issues that were fixed in Halo Reach, but the fixes would need to be added back to Halo 3.

I think we will see a fix for the hit registration at the absolute earliest probably within the next 3 months or so. I unfortunately don't expect it to be fixed at the launch of Halo 3. Depending on the implementation, the tickrate related issues shouldn't be too hard to fix. It is the networking related issues that are going to take time to properly fix. The underlying networking implementation is the meat and potatoes of Halo's online multiplayer. It handles (among other things) replicating the positions of things in the world, where players are looking and what they are doing. In having to retroactively open the hood and backport fixes to the system, it is very likely they are going to break things in the process of fixing it. It will require careful work/ testing to implement the fix and then to fix any bugs that may have been introduced from the fix. Either way, I do believe the issues are fixable, assuming the proper time and care is put into it.
una yp wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Is it really that hard to fix though?Again I'm bringing this up because people seem to have the memory of a fish or something, just by increasing the bullet speed of the BR, the weapon feels a lot more reliable to use, so what is 343's excuse to not just flight the new bullet speed if they aren't feeling too confident to implement it on the live build?
H3 has horrible hit registration problems, but I'm not sure I understand why the players in this clip think that a higher bullet velocity is "better"

It appears that changing the velocity helps bullet magnetism, but doesn't actually fix the underlying reg issues. It's treating the symptom and not the disease.

All I see in this clip is higher velocity allowing allow blatant misses to be headshots. How is that a good thing? If the center of your crosshair isn't on your opponents head, it should not hit them unless you are leading them. I come from the PC world so a lot may simply disagree with me here.
Just watch this : 360 vs One
I have also seen this video. There is definitely inconsistency, but if your crosshair isn't on the enemy's head it shouldn't count as a headshot.
If the red dot in the middle appears then its a headshot
Weird. Blatant missing by leading your opponent in the opposite side of them should never register as headshots.

I guess people want more bullet magnetism. I do not.
This is my concern as well; as shown in the video, even though there's a red dot that indicates a headshot, the crosshair is clearly not centered in the player and would miss in an actual fight. I'm afraid such a level of bullet magnetism would make strafing and evading tactics pointless.
You people are entirely missing the point of the video. The fact that the crosshair is not on the player model is inconsequential. The demonstration is being done to show that the absolutely most fundamental mechanic of the game does not behave on MCC as it does on Halo 3. What's the point of re-releasing these titles if 343 is going to butcher the core gameplay loop?

This isn't about whether or not the bullet "should" hit, it's about the fact that in Halo 3 on Xbox 360 it DOES hit, and on MCC it does NOT. This is as black and white as it gets.
thing is its not really about 343i. it is not there fault that it was a mess back in the day. It wasnt done well back then at all. WE all just got use to it as thats all we knew. Then 343i are trying to replicate what was already broken and are breaking it even more. From what i remember h3 hit reg is based on time to target, and it all centers around that 30fps. once you double the frame rate the bullets take half the time to reach the target and thats where things gets messed up. Its really not 343i fault that any of this happened to start with. Its a much harder task to fix as its build into the game from the get go. As people have tested, upping the bullet speed fixes the issue but ofc it removes how you shoot a target and thus changes the way you play h3 which shouldnt be used to fix this issue.
Anyway 343i should really try and fix this, im sure they are, but the last thing i want is them to release halo 3 when this issue isn't fixed.
Of course it's 343s fault... Are they the ones selling you a 60fps PC / Xbox one port? Yes. It is their responsibility to get the hit reg fixed to ensure a quality product that functions correctly like the original. Who else's fault would it be? Bungies? No, they made a solid game which functioned correctly for the hardware available at the time. If they are selling you something it is their fault if it doesn't work properly. And we know it doesn't work properly. 343 may need to completely build things from the ground up to work at 60fps so how is it not their fault for failing to do this? It being really hard isn't really an excuse if they want to sell you a game that claims to function like the original and works.
People like you are the reason why i think especially PC Players simply doesn't deserve TMCC or any Halo on PC, due how immature, childish and ungratefull (attitudewise) they're. You complain about stuff which you (seemingly) don't understand or simply doesn't care, and trash a company which really trys hard to port over old legacy games which aren't simply made for modern machines, but you have nothing better to do than base your opinion solely an to Company who is behind it.

It's a fact that Bungie "hardcoded" stuff to fit within a very limited plattform, and now 343i have to try to fix that mess. But i neither blame Bungie nor 343i for it, because it is what it is. And no it's not a excuse and also not their fault, it simply is a fact. And build from the Grounds? Are you f**** insane? That would've never payed off and would raise the question if we would've TMCC AT ALL. As much as (Bungie) Halo fanboys don't want to hear it, such old classics aren't in modern times simply not relevant enough anymore to justify such a undertaking, and it's already a wonder that we've gotten TMCC as the way it is. If they would've gone that road, it would've made even more sense to scrap TMCC alltogether and make a complete Remake (and modernize some stuff) to appeal also to newer players... but what you kinda expect is a pretty utopian idea.

So rather be more gratefull the work they put and don't mindlessly discredit it, and be happy that they atleast try to fix the mess. Other Companys would've already thrown the project to the bin and move on a long time ago. And 343i get trashed for keep working on it.
This is such a bad take but since you took the time to personally insult me and the entire PC fanbase I'll address it. The fact you address the whole PC fanbase as being "undeserving" because of my post shows that you yourself have the mentality of a child and the fact you talk about a product which you have to pay for in terms of being ungrateful and what people are deserving of is in itself immature.

Do you even know what "hardcoded" means. It means that there is data that needs to be changed within the underlying structure of the program to allow for changes, in this case the bullet velocity. 343 need to directly edit the way the game engine functions to allow it to work properly at 60hz / ticks as that is what the bullet speed is divisible by. This can be done, much needs to be changed with how the game engine works to be able to do this however. This means hiring a person who is familiar with the old code. The issue really is a matter of time as it would take them a lot of time to redesign the game at its core. They however don't want to do this and are instead going to release it broken. And broken isn't an over exaggeration.

Its not impossible at all. You describe the old games as being not relevant enough to fix however I would disagree with this point in its entirety when they are trying to sell you the games new in 2020. If they scrapped MCC altogether that would have made the entire MCC a colossal failure and 343 would have been forever irredeemable.

The last portion of your post is near infuriating to be honest. You expect me to be more grateful for a game which released in 2014 and was wholly broken back then only being fixed to a serviceable degree in 2018... 4 years totally broken and is still plagued with game breaking hit registration issues to this day. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I am not a "Bungie fanboy" lmao I'm a decent game fanboy. People like you are the reason Halo has been in the gutter for the last 8 years.
When I test Halo 3 with flight the game is 100% playable
Cistola wrote:
When I test Halo 3 with flight the game is 100% playable
But will you say that when in playing competitive you get into a match with 120 ping on a different contents server and have to hit shots with a gun that functions twice as slow as it should and start seeing shields sparks and bloodshots everywhere.
Cistola wrote:
When I test Halo 3 with flight the game is 100% playable
But will you say that when in playing competitive you get into a match with 120 ping on a different contents server and have to hit shots with a gun that functions twice as slow as it should and start seeing shields sparks and bloodshots everywhere.
It was fine for me, playing from NZ on US West/East servers.

You guys are just blowing it way out of proportion. I'm not saying it's perfect, of course occasionally you get blood shots and stuff, but it's like that for both MCC and the og editions.
Cistola wrote:
When I test Halo 3 with flight the game is 100% playable
But will you say that when in playing competitive you get into a match with 120 ping on a different contents server and have to hit shots with a gun that functions twice as slow as it should and start seeing shields sparks and bloodshots everywhere.
It was fine for me, playing from NZ on US West/East servers.

You guys are just blowing it way out of proportion. I'm not saying it's perfect, of course occasionally you get blood shots and stuff, but it's like that for both MCC and the og editions.
You can check all the videos and see it wasn't and to this day isn't anything like the originals but OK whatever you say I guess.
^ This is correct ^

If you'd like to argue that the hit reg is within an acceptable margin for error in your opinion, then that's one thing. You're allowed to enjoy the game as it is. Its entirely possible that you're one of the lucky ones that rarely gets dropped shots, who knows.

But saying that this game performs like the originals did in regards to hit reg is factually and measurably false. The changes that were made when porting the games over broke the way that weapons register against other players. The "it works fine for me" attitude does no good for anyone, especially when their is so much evidence piling up to the contrary. It's not really a debatable topic at this point.
^ This is correct ^

If you'd like to argue that the hit reg is within an acceptable margin for error in your opinion, then that's one thing. You're allowed to enjoy the game as it is. Its entirely possible that you're one of the lucky ones that rarely gets dropped shots, who knows.

But saying that this game performs like the originals did in regards to hit reg is factually and measurably false. The changes that were made when porting the games over broke the way that weapons register against other players. The "it works fine for me" attitude does no good for anyone, especially when their is so much evidence piling up to the contrary. It's not really a debatable topic at this point.
Anyone that says the hit reg isn't terrible at this point is just purely ignorant has no idea what they're talking about whatsoever.
Cistola wrote:
When I test Halo 3 with flight the game is 100% playable
But will you say that when in playing competitive you get into a match with 120 ping on a different contents server and have to hit shots with a gun that functions twice as slow as it should and start seeing shields sparks and bloodshots everywhere.
It was fine for me, playing from NZ on US West/East servers.

You guys are just blowing it way out of proportion. I'm not saying it's perfect, of course occasionally you get blood shots and stuff, but it's like that for both MCC and the og editions.
You can check all the videos and see it wasn't and to this day isn't anything like the originals but OK whatever you say I guess.
Did you not read that i said it wasn't PERFECT? Guess i have to type a whole other paragraph/sentence to let you guys know that i was talking about you could still get blood-shots in the original
Cistola wrote:
When I test Halo 3 with flight the game is 100% playable
But will you say that when in playing competitive you get into a match with 120 ping on a different contents server and have to hit shots with a gun that functions twice as slow as it should and start seeing shields sparks and bloodshots everywhere.
It was fine for me, playing from NZ on US West/East servers.

You guys are just blowing it way out of proportion. I'm not saying it's perfect, of course occasionally you get blood shots and stuff, but it's like that for both MCC and the og editions.
You can check all the videos and see it wasn't and to this day isn't anything like the originals but OK whatever you say I guess.
Did you not read that i said it wasn't PERFECT? Guess i have to type a whole other paragraph/sentence to let you guys know that i was talking about you could still get blood-shots in the original
I saw exactly what you wrote and there is no way you can claim anyone here is blowing this out of proportion just because you think you had a decent experience with the flight. To quote you said "you occasionally get blood shots in the mcc and the og editions" to paraphrase slightly. Bloodshots are not occasional in the MCC, they are constant. Shield pinging also occurs far more dramatically on MCC. I never in classic halo 3 had ever seen a situation like I had in the MCC PC flight where I shot a dude 3 times in the head with a BR and he didn't die like he was invincible with blood flying out of him. You claimed "its like that for both MCC and the og editions" well all the video evidence totally disagrees with you there as I said and that's even factoring in the fact that OG halo 3 was peer to peer.
I'd just like to add another quick piece of evidence on this topic. For those of you who think we've been hard on 343i or have been blowing this out of proportion, I STRONGLY recommend watching this video:

https://youtu.be/h4e6tS5gqg0

I hope this helps some people understand our side of the story just a little bit better, and I really hope it provides some explanation as to why we're a little harsh and impatient about it as well.
Hit registration feels pretty much like it did 10 years ago. But now we are on dedicated servers with better internet connections. There should be a noticeable improvement and there isn't.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6