Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo 3 cannot release without perfect hit reg

OP KnightFJS

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Well it happened. Halo 3 was released with busted hit reg. If you want any hope of landing your shots you better be aiming 100 milliseconds into the future, because having a red reticle doesn't mean -Yoink- in this game. As happy as I am to see Halo 3 looking pristine with a currently bustling playerbase, the awful shot registration makes it feel like I'm playing in mud. It feels exactly like Halo 1 PC's terrible ping compensation where you need to anticipate where the player is going to be as your shots will otherwise miss if you aim at a moving target.

Watching my clips back in theater (which is a very cumbersome experience on keyboard and mouse) paints a clear picture about how aiming works in this game. In the original Halo 3 you could shoot directly at the players and even lag behind them and shots would hit. If you're not extremely deliberate about aiming far ahead of people in Halo 3's rendition of MCC then you have essentially no hope of landing shots. It feels terrible.
I said it earlier in the thread, but the call to release or not isn't 343's call; it's Microsoft's. Want to blame anybody? Blame the execs forcing 343 to follow this release schedule. No doubt they were aware of the hit registration issues and trying to fix them as much as possible.

That being said? They DID improve it over the original, by far.
Nah, this company has staff that directly laugh at people on stream trying to bring evidence towards them and the post Postums made was near insulting. People have been reporting broken hit reg for 6 years now so this has nothing to do with Microsoft and their release schedule. Postums saying these things take time when they have had 6 years of dismissing bug reports is just awful. Blame 343 cause it's totally their fault. The way Postums said "there is effectively a legacy error here" when talking about hit reg was beyond annoying. It is not at all a legacy error. A legacy error is a bug that has been carried forward into the future from the previous title except this wasn't a bug at all. Halo 3 OG functioned correctly for the hardware it was released on. 343 for the past 6 years have been lazily updating the games to run at 60 fps without changing a thing about them to accommodate that, and he has the cheek to compare it to a legacy error. Its things like the animations for first person in halo CE running at 30 fps compared to the game at 60 on MCC. Pure laziness and cutting corners. Why are people so desperate to shift blame away from these guys? I see it on every forum thread.
I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?

343, whether you like it or not, has its hands full with CURRENT titles. They're also a business. Doesn't make sense for them to allocate that much resources for a game that is nearly half the age of some of its player base.

I'm not saying all critique is undue, but there is a difference between truth, opinion and hyperbolic outrage.

And whether you admit or not, Postums has a point: the game was made to run on hardware from THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. If you think there's not going to be an issue fixing that, you're frankly being unrealistic. Porting it to the XBONE was enough of a challenge; porting it to PC is a whole other mess.
WHY THE DESPERATION TO SWITCH BLAME TO THESE GUYS??? They are the ones solely responsible for the game I bought 6 years ago being a total mess today. They're a business who regularly ships broken products. Sod their business. Postums doesn't have any point whatsoever. Did you even read what I said. They have had six flipping years of hit reg being reported and have done NOTHING except literally laugh at the people reporting it just saying they are bad at the game. Arguing with you people is an actual waste of time.
May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?

Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?
My caps and exclamations are purely to get across my disbelief at the idiocy which you present to me. Me saying sod their business means I don't care for it. It has nothing to do with charity so I don't know where you pull that from. If they were a charity this would all be excusable. However they are not selling people games out of the kindness of their hearts lmao. I don't get what your point is.

Please explain to me then why you feel as if "I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?" was at all appropriate given the context other than to be a devils advocate troll. Why shouldn't they harbour all the blame considering they had six years to get this right?
I'm a troll for having the audacity to disagree with you?

Get off your high horse, jackass.
Well you are when you offer no retort of any value and just repeat the exact thing I said back at me. You blatantly ignore my points and simply say I am wrong. Very immature.
IWI IUI wrote:
Hit registration feels pretty much like it did 10 years ago. But now we are on dedicated servers with better internet connections. There should be a noticeable improvement and there isn't.
My god for the last time it is nothing like it was 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jTsS_otY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvf7fHpLAHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NBiiguq8PA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsP0iKDhOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGaurNebuWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9aANCRTkak

I wish I'd recorded my own footage from the flight to demonstrate the issue but you get the idea.
I don't want to watch all these clips. I was speaking from my own experience with the game in comparison to my past and current connection. I also played almost 20k games and went to 4 MLG events.

Is your experience with registration worse or better?
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Well it happened. Halo 3 was released with busted hit reg. If you want any hope of landing your shots you better be aiming 100 milliseconds into the future, because having a red reticle doesn't mean -Yoink- in this game. As happy as I am to see Halo 3 looking pristine with a currently bustling playerbase, the awful shot registration makes it feel like I'm playing in mud. It feels exactly like Halo 1 PC's terrible ping compensation where you need to anticipate where the player is going to be as your shots will otherwise miss if you aim at a moving target.

Watching my clips back in theater (which is a very cumbersome experience on keyboard and mouse) paints a clear picture about how aiming works in this game. In the original Halo 3 you could shoot directly at the players and even lag behind them and shots would hit. If you're not extremely deliberate about aiming far ahead of people in Halo 3's rendition of MCC then you have essentially no hope of landing shots. It feels terrible.
I said it earlier in the thread, but the call to release or not isn't 343's call; it's Microsoft's. Want to blame anybody? Blame the execs forcing 343 to follow this release schedule. No doubt they were aware of the hit registration issues and trying to fix them as much as possible.

That being said? They DID improve it over the original, by far.
Nah, this company has staff that directly laugh at people on stream trying to bring evidence towards them and the post Postums made was near insulting. People have been reporting broken hit reg for 6 years now so this has nothing to do with Microsoft and their release schedule. Postums saying these things take time when they have had 6 years of dismissing bug reports is just awful. Blame 343 cause it's totally their fault. The way Postums said "there is effectively a legacy error here" when talking about hit reg was beyond annoying. It is not at all a legacy error. A legacy error is a bug that has been carried forward into the future from the previous title except this wasn't a bug at all. Halo 3 OG functioned correctly for the hardware it was released on. 343 for the past 6 years have been lazily updating the games to run at 60 fps without changing a thing about them to accommodate that, and he has the cheek to compare it to a legacy error. Its things like the animations for first person in halo CE running at 30 fps compared to the game at 60 on MCC. Pure laziness and cutting corners. Why are people so desperate to shift blame away from these guys? I see it on every forum thread.
I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?

343, whether you like it or not, has its hands full with CURRENT titles. They're also a business. Doesn't make sense for them to allocate that much resources for a game that is nearly half the age of some of its player base.

I'm not saying all critique is undue, but there is a difference between truth, opinion and hyperbolic outrage.

And whether you admit or not, Postums has a point: the game was made to run on hardware from THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. If you think there's not going to be an issue fixing that, you're frankly being unrealistic. Porting it to the XBONE was enough of a challenge; porting it to PC is a whole other mess.
WHY THE DESPERATION TO SWITCH BLAME TO THESE GUYS??? They are the ones solely responsible for the game I bought 6 years ago being a total mess today. They're a business who regularly ships broken products. Sod their business. Postums doesn't have any point whatsoever. Did you even read what I said. They have had six flipping years of hit reg being reported and have done NOTHING except literally laugh at the people reporting it just saying they are bad at the game. Arguing with you people is an actual waste of time.
May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?

Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?
My caps and exclamations are purely to get across my disbelief at the idiocy which you present to me. Me saying sod their business means I don't care for it. It has nothing to do with charity so I don't know where you pull that from. If they were a charity this would all be excusable. However they are not selling people games out of the kindness of their hearts lmao. I don't get what your point is.

Please explain to me then why you feel as if "I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?" was at all appropriate given the context other than to be a devils advocate troll. Why shouldn't they harbour all the blame considering they had six years to get this right?
I'm a troll for having the audacity to disagree with you?

Get off your high horse, jackass.
Well you are when you offer no retort of any value and just repeat the exact thing I said back at me. You blatantly ignore my points and simply say I am wrong. Very immature.
Welp.

I offered a contrary point - QUITE civilly, I might add, without any vitriol intended - and your only response was to fire off a post filled with incoherent ramblings and not-so-tactfully question my intellect. In fact, you were rude and disrespectful from the moment I even began replying to you. And you've the gall to be shocked that I not only proceeded to treat you with the amount of sincerity you deserve (very little), you're getting offended that you're being treated the same way that you treat others...? Not sure whether to laugh at you or pity you.

I'm allowed to have a different opinion from you. If you have something RATIONAL as to my point other than calling for me a concern troll for daring to not share your opinion, please do so; I'll gladly hear your arguments if they are presented like I'd expect from a thinking, rational adult. Otherwise, you should really, really bite your tongue and start walking your talk. You demand respect and maturity, but don't show it to others; you've some nerve to demand it of others while showing none yourself.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
Hit registration feels pretty much like it did 10 years ago. But now we are on dedicated servers with better internet connections. There should be a noticeable improvement and there isn't.
My god for the last time it is nothing like it was 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jTsS_otY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvf7fHpLAHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NBiiguq8PA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsP0iKDhOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGaurNebuWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9aANCRTkak

I wish I'd recorded my own footage from the flight to demonstrate the issue but you get the idea.
I don't want to watch all these clips. I was speaking from my own experience with the game in comparison to my past and current connection. I also played almost 20k games and went to 4 MLG events.

Is your experience with registration worse or better?
If you cant be bothered to watch the clips, at least watch that first one. It says pretty much everything you need to know. If you dismiss this evidence entirely, then dont be upset when your opinion is almost completely devalued by the rest of us.

Furthermore I'd like to point out that I strongly believe the issues presented in that first video are present in other MCC titles as well, not just H3.

This just reminds me of my days spent playing Halo PC back in 2003 where everyone had to lead their shots cause our connections were so crappy and the netcode was iffy.

I'd also like to thank @Durandal for making these. You're doing God's work.
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Well it happened. Halo 3 was released with busted hit reg. If you want any hope of landing your shots you better be aiming 100 milliseconds into the future, because having a red reticle doesn't mean -Yoink- in this game. As happy as I am to see Halo 3 looking pristine with a currently bustling playerbase, the awful shot registration makes it feel like I'm playing in mud. It feels exactly like Halo 1 PC's terrible ping compensation where you need to anticipate where the player is going to be as your shots will otherwise miss if you aim at a moving target.

Watching my clips back in theater (which is a very cumbersome experience on keyboard and mouse) paints a clear picture about how aiming works in this game. In the original Halo 3 you could shoot directly at the players and even lag behind them and shots would hit. If you're not extremely deliberate about aiming far ahead of people in Halo 3's rendition of MCC then you have essentially no hope of landing shots. It feels terrible.
I said it earlier in the thread, but the call to release or not isn't 343's call; it's Microsoft's. Want to blame anybody? Blame the execs forcing 343 to follow this release schedule. No doubt they were aware of the hit registration issues and trying to fix them as much as possible.

That being said? They DID improve it over the original, by far.
Nah, this company has staff that directly laugh at people on stream trying to bring evidence towards them and the post Postums made was near insulting. People have been reporting broken hit reg for 6 years now so this has nothing to do with Microsoft and their release schedule. Postums saying these things take time when they have had 6 years of dismissing bug reports is just awful. Blame 343 cause it's totally their fault. The way Postums said "there is effectively a legacy error here" when talking about hit reg was beyond annoying. It is not at all a legacy error. A legacy error is a bug that has been carried forward into the future from the previous title except this wasn't a bug at all. Halo 3 OG functioned correctly for the hardware it was released on. 343 for the past 6 years have been lazily updating the games to run at 60 fps without changing a thing about them to accommodate that, and he has the cheek to compare it to a legacy error. Its things like the animations for first person in halo CE running at 30 fps compared to the game at 60 on MCC. Pure laziness and cutting corners. Why are people so desperate to shift blame away from these guys? I see it on every forum thread.
I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?

343, whether you like it or not, has its hands full with CURRENT titles. They're also a business. Doesn't make sense for them to allocate that much resources for a game that is nearly half the age of some of its player base.

I'm not saying all critique is undue, but there is a difference between truth, opinion and hyperbolic outrage.

And whether you admit or not, Postums has a point: the game was made to run on hardware from THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. If you think there's not going to be an issue fixing that, you're frankly being unrealistic. Porting it to the XBONE was enough of a challenge; porting it to PC is a whole other mess.
WHY THE DESPERATION TO SWITCH BLAME TO THESE GUYS??? They are the ones solely responsible for the game I bought 6 years ago being a total mess today. They're a business who regularly ships broken products. Sod their business. Postums doesn't have any point whatsoever. Did you even read what I said. They have had six flipping years of hit reg being reported and have done NOTHING except literally laugh at the people reporting it just saying they are bad at the game. Arguing with you people is an actual waste of time.
May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?

Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?
My caps and exclamations are purely to get across my disbelief at the idiocy which you present to me. Me saying sod their business means I don't care for it. It has nothing to do with charity so I don't know where you pull that from. If they were a charity this would all be excusable. However they are not selling people games out of the kindness of their hearts lmao. I don't get what your point is.

Please explain to me then why you feel as if "I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?" was at all appropriate given the context other than to be a devils advocate troll. Why shouldn't they harbour all the blame considering they had six years to get this right?
I'm a troll for having the audacity to disagree with you?

Get off your high horse, jackass.
Well you are when you offer no retort of any value and just repeat the exact thing I said back at me. You blatantly ignore my points and simply say I am wrong. Very immature.
Welp.

I offered a contrary point - QUITE civilly, I might add, without any vitriol intended - and your only response was to fire off a post filled with incoherent ramblings and not-so-tactfully question my intellect. In fact, you were rude and disrespectful from the moment I even began replying to you. And you've the gall to be shocked that I not only proceeded to treat you with the amount of sincerity you deserve (very little), you're getting offended that you're being treated the same way that you treat others...? Not sure whether to laugh at you or pity you.

I'm allowed to have a different opinion from you. If you have something RATIONAL as to my point other than calling for me a concern troll for daring to not share your opinion, please do so; I'll gladly hear your arguments if they are presented like I'd expect from a thinking, rational adult. Otherwise, you should really, really bite your tongue and start walking your talk. You demand respect and maturity, but don't show it to others; you've some nerve to demand it of others while showing none yourself.
Well what is your point because I don't get it. I've shown proof as to how bad the hit reg is, I've given my reasoning for being angry at 343 which was they had 6 years to fix this mess yet dismissed us anyway with laughter. Postums saying "these things take time" after they've had 6 years is the most condescending thing I've seen from a dev team in a while. And you said he has a point. Well he doesn't.

"May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?" This is the post that made me think you were trolling because it doesn't counter any of my points and instead is just passive aggressive. Yea I went caps at you. That's cause I've had people like you for ages telling us we are wrong all because they have a differing opinion while providing no basis for one and when your original post was just why are you throwing blame at them after I've already explained is infuriating.

So what is your point.. please tell me. Why is it not OK for me to be mad at this company which has been laughing at its own community. Claiming its Bungies fault despite them having six years to edit the code, saying it takes time as if they haven't had enough. Your angle is just saying its not worth the outrage despite the game being broken and uncompetitive. Honestly enemies are literally sometimes invincible that's how bad it is. And yet I have people like you coming out of the woodwork telling me its fine.
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
SodaSaint wrote:
Screecherz wrote:
Well it happened. Halo 3 was released with busted hit reg. If you want any hope of landing your shots you better be aiming 100 milliseconds into the future, because having a red reticle doesn't mean -Yoink- in this game. As happy as I am to see Halo 3 looking pristine with a currently bustling playerbase, the awful shot registration makes it feel like I'm playing in mud. It feels exactly like Halo 1 PC's terrible ping compensation where you need to anticipate where the player is going to be as your shots will otherwise miss if you aim at a moving target.

Watching my clips back in theater (which is a very cumbersome experience on keyboard and mouse) paints a clear picture about how aiming works in this game. In the original Halo 3 you could shoot directly at the players and even lag behind them and shots would hit. If you're not extremely deliberate about aiming far ahead of people in Halo 3's rendition of MCC then you have essentially no hope of landing shots. It feels terrible.
I said it earlier in the thread, but the call to release or not isn't 343's call; it's Microsoft's. Want to blame anybody? Blame the execs forcing 343 to follow this release schedule. No doubt they were aware of the hit registration issues and trying to fix them as much as possible.

That being said? They DID improve it over the original, by far.
Nah, this company has staff that directly laugh at people on stream trying to bring evidence towards them and the post Postums made was near insulting. People have been reporting broken hit reg for 6 years now so this has nothing to do with Microsoft and their release schedule. Postums saying these things take time when they have had 6 years of dismissing bug reports is just awful. Blame 343 cause it's totally their fault. The way Postums said "there is effectively a legacy error here" when talking about hit reg was beyond annoying. It is not at all a legacy error. A legacy error is a bug that has been carried forward into the future from the previous title except this wasn't a bug at all. Halo 3 OG functioned correctly for the hardware it was released on. 343 for the past 6 years have been lazily updating the games to run at 60 fps without changing a thing about them to accommodate that, and he has the cheek to compare it to a legacy error. Its things like the animations for first person in halo CE running at 30 fps compared to the game at 60 on MCC. Pure laziness and cutting corners. Why are people so desperate to shift blame away from these guys? I see it on every forum thread.
I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?

343, whether you like it or not, has its hands full with CURRENT titles. They're also a business. Doesn't make sense for them to allocate that much resources for a game that is nearly half the age of some of its player base.

I'm not saying all critique is undue, but there is a difference between truth, opinion and hyperbolic outrage.

And whether you admit or not, Postums has a point: the game was made to run on hardware from THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. If you think there's not going to be an issue fixing that, you're frankly being unrealistic. Porting it to the XBONE was enough of a challenge; porting it to PC is a whole other mess.
WHY THE DESPERATION TO SWITCH BLAME TO THESE GUYS??? They are the ones solely responsible for the game I bought 6 years ago being a total mess today. They're a business who regularly ships broken products. Sod their business. Postums doesn't have any point whatsoever. Did you even read what I said. They have had six flipping years of hit reg being reported and have done NOTHING except literally laugh at the people reporting it just saying they are bad at the game. Arguing with you people is an actual waste of time.
May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?

Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?
My caps and exclamations are purely to get across my disbelief at the idiocy which you present to me. Me saying sod their business means I don't care for it. It has nothing to do with charity so I don't know where you pull that from. If they were a charity this would all be excusable. However they are not selling people games out of the kindness of their hearts lmao. I don't get what your point is.

Please explain to me then why you feel as if "I could ask you the same question: why the desperation to shift the blame TO these guys?" was at all appropriate given the context other than to be a devils advocate troll. Why shouldn't they harbour all the blame considering they had six years to get this right?
I'm a troll for having the audacity to disagree with you?

Get off your high horse, jackass.
Well what is your point because I don't get it. I've shown proof as to how bad the hit reg is, I've given my reasoning for being angry at 343 which was they had 6 years to fix this mess yet dismissed us anyway with laughter. Postums saying "these things take time" after they've had 6 years is the most condescending thing I've seen from a dev team in a while. And you said he has a point. Well he doesn't.

"May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?" This is the post that made me think you were trolling because it doesn't counter any of my points and instead is just passive aggressive. Yea I went caps at you. That's cause I've had people like you for ages telling us we are wrong all because they have a differing opinion while providing no basis for one and when your original post was just why are you throwing blame at them after I've already explained is infuriating.

So what is your point.. please tell me. Why is it not OK for me to be mad at this company which has been laughing at its own community. Claiming its Bungies fault despite them having six years to edit the code, saying it takes time as if they have't had enough. Your angle is just saying its not worth the outrage despite the game being broken and uncompetitive. Honestly enemies are literally sometimes invincible that's how bad it is. And yet I have people like you coming out of the woodwork telling me its fine.
Dude. You've already gone well beyond what someone could reasonably expect from another person on the internet in order to prove your case. We just have to accept that some people will simply refuse to listen or understand and hope that rational minds prevail in the end. All that needed to be said was already shown in that first video you linked. After that, all you really needed to do was drop the mic and walk away. Engaging people that have allowed themselves to become apologists for a sub par product won't do either side any good. You've already won, lets just hope we soon see the day where we can enjoy the results of that victory.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
Well what is your point because I don't get it. I've shown proof as to how bad the hit reg is, I've given my reasoning for being angry at 343 which was they had 6 years to fix this mess yet dismissed us anyway with laughter. Postums saying "these things take time" after they've had 6 years is the most condescending thing I've seen from a dev team in a while. And you said he has a point. Well he doesn't.

"May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?" This is the post that made me think you were trolling because it doesn't counter any of my points and instead is just passive aggressive. Yea I went caps at you. That's cause I've had people like you for ages telling us we are wrong all because they have a differing opinion while providing no basis for one and when your original post was just why are you throwing blame at them after I've already explained is infuriating.

So what is your point.. please tell me. Why is it not OK for me to be mad at this company which has been laughing at its own community. Claiming its Bungies fault despite them having six years to edit the code, saying it takes time as if they have't had enough. Your angle is just saying its not worth the outrage despite the game being broken and uncompetitive. Honestly enemies are literally sometimes invincible that's how bad it is. And yet I have people like you coming out of the woodwork telling me its fine.
Okay, I'll admit to not seeing the video clips. For that, I do apologize. I'll have towatch those at a later point today.

But yeah, that generally is my take: you ARE wasting your breath, if I could be blunt about it (and not meaning that in a rude way). The point of MCC is to allow players access to games they otherwise wouldn't be able to get a hold of. And I don't think all of your critique is unjustified, as I said earlier. But you need to understand that these are older games, and they're NEVER going to be competitive with current stuff. That's just not going to happen. And right now, Halo Infinite is getting the lion's share of their resources, much like 5 was getting the lion's share during MCC's development cycle. They need to focus on the newer stuff to stay competitive and stay in business.

Now, whether things can be improved and should be? ABSOLUTELY. All I'm saying is that you're reading intended slights where there are none. I can understand you having a bad taste in your mouth, as it were, but it's not feasible to expect a game that's nearly 15 years old to be fixed overnight, especially with the complication of porting it over to PC in play.
SodaSaint wrote:
Quote:
Well what is your point because I don't get it. I've shown proof as to how bad the hit reg is, I've given my reasoning for being angry at 343 which was they had 6 years to fix this mess yet dismissed us anyway with laughter. Postums saying "these things take time" after they've had 6 years is the most condescending thing I've seen from a dev team in a while. And you said he has a point. Well he doesn't.

"May I suggest decaf for all that hyperventilation and rage?Also: "sod their business"? Seriously? What do you think game companies are, a charity...?" This is the post that made me think you were trolling because it doesn't counter any of my points and instead is just passive aggressive. Yea I went caps at you. That's cause I've had people like you for ages telling us we are wrong all because they have a differing opinion while providing no basis for one and when your original post was just why are you throwing blame at them after I've already explained is infuriating.

So what is your point.. please tell me. Why is it not OK for me to be mad at this company which has been laughing at its own community. Claiming its Bungies fault despite them having six years to edit the code, saying it takes time as if they have't had enough. Your angle is just saying its not worth the outrage despite the game being broken and uncompetitive. Honestly enemies are literally sometimes invincible that's how bad it is. And yet I have people like you coming out of the woodwork telling me its fine.
Okay, I'll admit to not seeing the video clips. For that, I do apologize. I'll have towatch those at a later point today.

But yeah, that generally is my take: you ARE wasting your breath, if I could be blunt about it (and not meaning that in a rude way). The point of MCC is to allow players access to games they otherwise wouldn't be able to get a hold of. And I don't think all of your critique is unjustified, as I said earlier. But you need to understand that these are older games, and they're NEVER going to be competitive with current stuff. That's just not going to happen. And right now, Halo Infinite is getting the lion's share of their resources, much like 5 was getting the lion's share during MCC's development cycle. They need to focus on the newer stuff to stay competitive and stay in business.

Now, whether things can be improved and should be? ABSOLUTELY. All I'm saying is that you're reading intended slights where there are none. I can understand you having a bad taste in your mouth, as it were, but it's not feasible to expect a game that's nearly 15 years old to be fixed overnight, especially with the complication of porting it over to PC in play.
I'll concede I got carried away and I probably should just let this go and yes you are right for both of us this is a waste of breath. I understand they have to resource manage but at the end of the day Its just in my head I have the idea that for halo to get back on track the failures need to stop. It pains me to feel as if we need to argue the case that the community should expect more from Halo. If you think about it with the MCC 343 have given the bare minimum. This game has been about 8 years in the making at this point to only be sold the same games which are worse than the originals. It's just kinda depressing really and other community members try and shut you down when you're just trying to make them see. I get it you know, some people just wanna play Halo and that's OK, but this to me is a legacy which while 343 has been at the helm has been nothing but downhill. I can't get the quote of Frank 0 Connor saying they hired people for 343 who hated OG Halo out of my mind and it just makes me mad to see what him and Bonnie Ross have managed to do to this franchise. It's kinda like star wars tbh. Just understand I never expected anything to be fixed overnight with the MCC, however if 343 hadn't dismissed people like Bring Back Halo when he reported it to them with his original video years back we could have a perfect Halo 3 / MCC by now even on PC. Instead they laughed at him and by extension anyone who agreed with him. I don't know if you saw the video of 343 employees Ace and Dersky laughing at him saying he was just trash at the game but it is infuriating.

Anyway I've said all I can say now. Thanks for hearing me out.
A couple quick things to point out.

1) We never expected things to get fixed overnight. Getting 343i to simply acknowledge these issues has been years in the making.

2) While I'm sure we can appear to be impatient at times especially because as you stated 343i has other projects they're working on. I'd like to point out the fact that MCC isn't just some old dead game. They are currently developing these games and putting them out on a new platform with the expectation of making more money. Using Infinite as the explanation as to why things take so long to get fixed just doesn't sit quite right with me. Not while they're currently making money from new MCC content releases at least.
IWI IUI wrote:
IWI IUI wrote:
Hit registration feels pretty much like it did 10 years ago. But now we are on dedicated servers with better internet connections. There should be a noticeable improvement and there isn't.
My god for the last time it is nothing like it was 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4jTsS_otY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvf7fHpLAHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NBiiguq8PA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsP0iKDhOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGaurNebuWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9aANCRTkak

I wish I'd recorded my own footage from the flight to demonstrate the issue but you get the idea.
I don't want to watch all these clips. I was speaking from my own experience with the game in comparison to my past and current connection. I also played almost 20k games and went to 4 MLG events.

Is your experience with registration worse or better?
If you cant be bothered to watch the clips, at least watch that first one. It says pretty much everything you need to know. If you dismiss this evidence entirely, then dont be upset when your opinion is almost completely devalued by the rest of us.

Furthermore I'd like to point out that I strongly believe the issues presented in that first video are present in other MCC titles as well, not just H3.

This just reminds me of my days spent playing Halo PC back in 2003 where everyone had to lead their shots cause our connections were so crappy and the netcode was iffy.

I'd also like to thank @Durandal for making these. You're doing God's work.
I have three points to make here.

1. The videos of the -Yoink- were all things I've seen in the original plenty of times. I and other players have tons of clips just like these from the original. I've been sniped through the center of mauler from someone standing in green. I've had someone lunge at me 50+ feet (one time with their back turned) and connect. The -Yoink- i'm seeing the videos is common. What's changed is the scenarios in which shots are not registering. Before it was poor netcode and crappy connections. Now it's because something is actually broken. The first link is done using p2p. There is clearly a problem there. But most people play on dedicated servers and we need to see the same test replicated in that environment to see if the results are repeatable.

2. Re-read my initial comment. If things don't click I'll re-word it. Our tools that directly correlate with registration (our connections and hardware both server side and client side) have become more effective in the last 12 years and the registration feels the same. The statement inherently claims that registration has become worse without outside variables such as connection being taken into account. It seems like i've been interpreted as saying that the registration IS the same and not that it simply feels about as effective.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6