Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo 3 Hit Detection Needs to be Perfect For PC

OP Halokid003

So let me preface this by saying I haven't played Halo 3 on the xbox version of the MCC in about 2 years so I don't know how it plays right now. That being said I do recall hit detection being awful I mean I'd fire 6-8 bursts from a BR until my targets went down it was that bad. Halo CE and 2s weren't great either but easily the worst was Halo 3. Halo 3 used to be my favorite Halo game but the MCC version made me hate it due to poor hit detection. So please 343 make sure it works correctly on the PC especially.

Fans have been waiting to finish the fight on PC for over 10 years. It would be a shame if those people as well as returning players just new to Halo 3 on the PC such as myself had their experience ruined by poor hit detection.

Also another note (again I do not know if this has already been changed) but for the love of the great journey put Sand Trap into the map rotation...no not Sand Tarp, Sand Trap. I want my elephant charges back!
Halokid003 wrote:
So let me preface this by saying I haven't played Halo 3 on the xbox version of the MCC in about 2 years so I don't know how it plays right now. That being said I do recall hit detection being awful I mean I'd fire 6-8 bursts from a BR until my targets went down it was that bad. Halo CE and 2s weren't great either but easily the worst was Halo 3. Halo 3 used to be my favorite Halo game but the MCC version made me hate it due to poor hit detection. So please 343 make sure it works correctly on the PC especially.

Fans have been waiting to finish the fight on PC for over 10 years. It would be a shame if those people as well as returning players just new to Halo 3 on the PC such as myself had their experience ruined by poor hit detection.

Also another note (again I do not know if this has already been changed) but for the love of the great journey put Sand Trap into the map rotation...no not Sand Tarp, Sand Trap. I want my elephant charges back!
Question, you know you have to lead your BR shots in H3 right?
Slickini wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:

Yes I do. But if you play the orignal Halo 3 vs the MCC Halo 3 you will see a distinct difference and hit detection is horrible. (or at least it was, like I said it's been a while)
Halokid003 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:

Yes I do. But if you play the orignal Halo 3 vs the MCC Halo 3 you will see a distinct difference and hit detection is horrible. (or at least it was, like I said it's been a while)
Hopefully it's going to be fixed. Already Reach servers need higher tick rates. Expect to see a lot of bloodshots
Hit detection is a lot better on MCC now. It should be fine on PC as long as 343 doesnt mess up.
Feels fine, mainly play 3 on MCC and have no problem 4’ing on vanilla non MLG settings even given I land and lead my shots precisely. Game feels good lately. Now hearing all the people that don’t understand the game whine when it releases, THAT will be something lol.
I agree completely. 4-shotting is rare in this game no matter how perfect your aim is, and how well you lead your shots. The PC demographic could potentially rip this game to shreds thinking that the port is horrible with hit detection, when in reality it is in the nature of the game. 343 shouldn't be afraid to make a few changes to the vanilla game to adapt it to PC, such as raising the damage values to MLG settings, altering how the game handles projectiles (much easier said than done). While I haven't been too put off by hit detection, I know that people who are new to the Halo franchise will certainly be left with a sour taste in their mouth if everything is left the way it is.
Slickini wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:

Hopefully it's going to be fixed. Already Reach servers need higher tick rates. Expect to see a lot of bloodshots
The biggest issue I have on Reach PC right now is getting shot way around corners.
Halokid003 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:

The biggest issue I have on Reach PC right now is getting shot way around corners.
Blood shots and corner shots are a big concern I hope gets addressed.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If you want hit detection in Halo 3 to be perfect, then you'll need to convince 343 to modify the netcode that Halo 3 uses, because Halo 3's netcode is easily the worst in the franchise. It prioritizes scenery objects and grenades over the important things, and when you consider how much slower the projectiles of Halo 3 travel in comparison to the other games in the series, it just makes things worse.