Skip to main content
The game had a lot of potential and it failed to capitalize it.
The story was ok (although spartan was ops was hot garbage)but i feel it was let down because of very simple things that 343 just ignored
my biggest problem with 4 was the design the whole game is just a corridor with few open areas, I get that the game was downgraded to run on 360 but so was bioshock infinite, and that game was fantastic. I was told the game was supposed to be the best looking game of that gen but bioshock and last of us beat it pretty easily if you ask me. Remove the bloom and the game was nothing special
The vehicle sections are forced and look as they were just included for the namesake of halo.
the first time when we see requiem then we hop into a hog we are forced to just move in a straight path with no environment or scenery in background just boring debris
the first tank sequence in the mission infinity is again in a cave with straight path. the second tank sequence on reclaimer is a sad attempt to copy the halo 3 ark feeling with sgt stacker in the background muterring a few lines while the boring soundtrack plays in the background then you grab target designator ( imagine using a target designator in 2552 when your ship already has an A.I) to blow up the gravity well
the objectives were silly and repetitive which made it frustrating at times.
go to left room insert cortana/destroy orb/press ugly button
go to right room insert cortana/destroy orb/press ugly button
go to the central area insert cortana/destroy orb/press ugly button then watch a cutscene ,the level ends.
the last mission was so horrendous it was like that classic quake map the longest yard, jump pads, floating platforms in space and again go left insert cortana go right insert cortana, go in the middle press f to finish the boss. Now , i heard that didact is alive and is on installation 03. now i haven't played 5 so i hope that 343 came up with something better in 5.
Halo 4 was definitely one of the worst games in the series.
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
yeah gunplay was on point
multiplayer is also fun
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
multiplayer is also fun
The multiplayer in Halo 4 felt more like Call of Duty than Halo. Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer is what Halo 4's multiplayer should've been.
ah yes, a new halo 4 disliker.
this game really grew into my heart over the years and it's story is very special to me.
now i haven't played 5 so i hope that 343 came up with something better in 5.
Oh boy. The story in H5 was so poor that it required 343 to spiritually reboot the series.
Spoiler: they didn't, and it even makes halo 4's story worse in retrospect.
wdym?

what happens after spartan ops?
i wanna know what becomes of halsey (she in halo 5 trailer) and the janus key?
and arby vs jul and locke

dont spoil man im looking forward to it
this game really grew into my heart over the years and it's story is very special to me.
i didnt dislike it, its a 7 out of 10 game from me(3 out of 10 if we are to count spartan ops)

its not what i expected from a AAA game.

xAlphaMail wrote:
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
multiplayer is also fun
The multiplayer in Halo 4 felt more like Call of Duty than Halo. Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer is what Halo 4's multiplayer should've been.
umm what?
apart from perks how was it like cod?
if you mean sprint and loadouts then they were in battlefield before cod get your facts straight.
one more thing,the ttk and overall pace of halo 4 is very different from black ops 2 , although perks are stupid and so is the promethean vision
i didnt dislike it, its a 7 out of 10 game from me(3 out of 10 if we are to count spartan ops)

xAlphaMail wrote:
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
multiplayer is also fun
umm what?
if you mean sprint and loadouts then they were in battlefield before cod get your facts straight.
one more thing,the ttk and overall pace of halo 4 is very different from black ops 2 , although perks are stupid and so is the promethean vision
Yeah, sprint and loadouts coupled with perks and ordnance drops which are similar to scorestreaks in Call of Duty. It just feels more like a Call of Duty rather than a Halo game in my opinion.
It's my least favorite of the series overall. The campaign was too linear and the prometheans weren't very fun to play against, and the multiplayer completely catered to CoD players at launch. While the story was the best thing about the game it was too melodramatic for my taste.

Also forgot to mention how infection was ruined in Halo 4 and the custom games were terrible compared to 3 and Reach at the time. It was such a huge disappointment it turned out to be my least played mainline Halo game.
wdym?

what happens after spartan ops?
i wanna know what becomes of halsey (she in halo 5 trailer) and the janus key?
and arby vs jul and locke

dont spoil man im looking forward to it
The Janus key is not in halo 5.

Its "resolved" in a comic. The absolute record effectively goes "nah, i don't want to be in this story" and just goes poof, along with the janus key.
xAlphaMail wrote:

xAlphaMail wrote:
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
multiplayer is also fun
umm what?
Yeah, sprint and loadouts coupled with perks and ordnance drops which are similar to scorestreaks in Call of Duty. It just feels more like a Call of Duty rather than a Halo game in my opinion.
Funny you mention that, because that was the point. Halo 4 was designed to bring in the Call of Duty crowd. That's why it's my least favorite Halo (never played 5, but it looked like more of the same). And don't even get me started about the weak custom game options and Forge in Halo 4. Halo really went BACKWARD with it.
xAlphaMail wrote:

xAlphaMail wrote:
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
multiplayer is also fun
umm what?
Funny you mention that, because that was the point. Halo 4 was designed to bring in the Call of Duty crowd. That's why it's my least favorite Halo (never played 5, but it looked like more of the same). And don't even get me started about the weak custom game options and Forge in Halo 4. Halo really went BACKWARD with it.
Yeah, Halo 4 was the game that killed the franchise. Halo Reach started the decline and Halo 5 was the nail in the coffin. Hopefully Halo Infinite will revive the series but I doubt it because it looks just like Halo 5 just without the spartan abilities and a grappling hook copied from Doom Eternal. I wish 343i would go back to the original gameplay but unfortunately it probably will never happen. :/
Even if you didn't like it you can't deny it carried the story torch in a compelling and natural way so the series could some day return to or even supass it's peak, which is the minimal i ask for in a sequel. Despite it's flaws I personally loved the game and play it to this day with friends. Forge with dominion turrets, default flood and action sack here are some of the most fun I've had in the franchise.
xAlphaMail wrote:
xAlphaMail wrote:

xAlphaMail wrote:
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
multiplayer is also fun
umm what?
Yeah, Halo 4 was the game that killed the franchise. Halo Reach started the decline and Halo 5 was the nail in the coffin. Hopefully Halo Infinite will revive the series but I doubt it because it looks just like Halo 5 just without the spartan abilities and a grappling hook copied from Doom Eternal. I wish 343i would go back to the original gameplay but unfortunately it probably will never happen. :/
games had grappling hook before doom
just saying
xAlphaMail wrote:
xAlphaMail wrote:

xAlphaMail wrote:
DUDE7871 wrote:
I like the gunplay.
That is about it.
multiplayer is also fun
umm what?
games had grappling hook before doom
just saying
I don't care which game has a grappling hook, whether it was Doom, Black Ops 4, or Fortnite, that's not the point. The point is the grappling hook is proof that once again 343i is trying to copy other games to try and keep Halo "relevant" after they killed the series. Halo players have been asking for the original gameplay for years and they just keep on ignoring us.