1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Halo 5's story is hot garbage but the multiplayer was probably my favourite in the franchise. Would be nice to have it fully over to the pc, as whilst forge is nice (and free), it crashes/boots quite a lot
I guess it could be cool to see the entire Halo franchise on PC, but the vast majority of people do not like Halo 5. This may make it very cost ineffective to release it on PC as the sales may be very poor.
They already tried putting Halo 5 on PC under Halo 5 Forge and it is very unoptimised. I have an RTX 2060 and get frequent FPS under 50 on high settings.

Tbh, I would rather have the team continually work on to improve Halo MCC PC than work on Halo 5 PC.
They have Halo 5 Forge on PC with custom games browser
I bet it'll come to PC (together with an XBox One update) when they tossed out the old and put in a completely new and overhauled story. ;) /s
Probably not. I just want 343 to focus on Infinite and make it feel like Halo again.
Quidohmi wrote:
Probably not. I just want 343 to focus on Infinite and make it feel like Halo again.
Same.

Their mistake with Halo 5 was they inserted too much drama and then added in brother against brother themes. It did not suit Halo. Also why do they need to make Chief more human. What the hell does it matter as long as he does his job well and in service of humanity. They got a female writer on board? Maybe why it became all touchy feely. Atleast that is what it seemed like to me.

Same thing happened with the books. The books written by Eric Nylund and Greg Bear were the best and had that true blue Halo tone and atmosphere. The ones written by Karen Traviss are the worse Halo books.
Quidohmi wrote:
Same.

Their mistake with Halo 5 was they inserted too much drama and then added in brother against brother themes. It did not suit Halo. Also why do they need to make Chief more human. What the hell does it matter as long as he does his job well and in service of humanity. They got a female writer on board and it became all touchy feely. Trying to villify masculinity in the military. Atleast that is what it seemed like time. Same thing happened with the books. The books written by Eric Nylund were the best and had that true blue Halo tone and atmosphere. The ones written by Karen Traviss are the worse Halo books.
I honestly don't know much about the story other than hearing that it didn't feature the Master Chief enough.

I'm talking more about gameplay. We need the Golden Triangle back and no more sprinting is what I mean.
I would personally like to see Halo 5 fully ported sometime before infinite on PC just to have every Halo game on PC officially plus I kinda enjoyed the MP a bit even with all the abilities (tho i didn't care for them that much) but I would like them to take their time with MCC first as the classics are iconic
I am wishing for Halo5 to get on PC (i mean the full game: campaign, warzone firefight, etc)

I am moving to South America in a few months and i cant take both my PC + my xbox one X (for tax/custom reasons)
That a very annoying situation (especially considering pricies of PC components and consoles in south America)
I will have to sacrifice one of my machines (will probably be the xbox....) and i feel very sad about the idea that i wont be able to play H5 Wrazone Firefight with my friends anymore....

Microsoft, please... Hurry... I want the whole xbox ecosystem (Games/Games with Gold/full compatibility with xbox and xbox live) on my PC
As someone who never got to play Halo 5, I'd like to see it ported eventually, even if it's a while from now. I don't want to feel left out from my Halo brethren longer than I already have!
Hi everyone!

I consider the "MCC to PC" operation as a way to allow anyone to get familiar with Halo before the Infinity launch.
With MCC incoming, the two Wars and the two Spartan titles already available, the only Halo game missing on PC will be Halo 5.

Do you think it will be possibile/logical to see it ported as well? Maybe as a stand-alone game rather than an add-on to the MCC.
If 5 is ever added to the collection, it will likely be in 2-4 years.
So I get that they are porting MCC to PC but what about halo 5? :) I would love the idea to have reach 1, 2, 3, 4, and then 5 in there some where connected to my steam and x-box live account! That would really be amazing! to be able to max rank with all my friend's getting every thing gathered up so I can creat my own spartan look. Sound's every thing awesome to me. Thoughts?
I never really minded playing with Lock 'cause I usually thought I was playing with Chief.
I doubt it. Because of Halo 5s game engine, the average gaming PC or custom built one, does not have the graphics card or correct coding like the Xbox one does. Due to this, I fail to see Halo 5 being ported in the future.
Hi everyone!

I consider the "MCC to PC" operation as a way to allow anyone to get familiar with Halo before the Infinity launch.
With MCC incoming, the two Wars and the two Spartan titles already available, the only Halo game missing on PC will be Halo 5.

Do you think it will be possibile/logical to see it ported as well? Maybe as a stand-alone game rather than an add-on to the MCC.
If halo 5 is brought to pc im sure it will be a stand alone game, hope it is would only make sense
Microsoft is rumored to be working on making Windows 10 backwards compatible with all xbox one games (1). Were this initiative to be a. true, and b. successful, it would mean that there would not need to be any development work necessary on 343's part to bring Halo 5 to the pc. It will simply come to pc along with all of the other xbox one games. I also suspect that this is why Rockstar has been cagy about RDR2 coming to pc -- there may be no need for them to invest much dev work to make it happen if Microsoft makes this compatibility work happen.

(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WntyhmdWo
Microsoft is rumored to be working on making Windows 10 backwards compatible with all xbox one games (1). Were this initiative to be a. true, and b. successful, it would mean that there would not need to be any development work necessary on 343's part to bring Halo 5 to the pc. It will simply come to pc along with all of the other xbox one games. I also suspect that this is why Rockstar has been cagy about RDR2 coming to pc -- there may be no need for them to invest much dev work to make it happen if Microsoft makes this compatibility work happen.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having an Xbox if you could simply play the games on a PC?

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having an Xbox if you could simply play the games on a PC?
I won't try to presume Microsoft's reasoning, although the author of the video does get into this.

To summarize: Microsoft is hoping that it can offer game developers the ability to develop a game once for two platforms. This would provide an incredible competitive advantage for Microsoft, and the ability to sell many more copies of the same game (and collect on those royalties!). Definitely still worth it to have an xbox, too. They're cheap, easy to connect to your tv, you don't have to deal with a bunch of different launchers, etc. But, for those who want to play games on the pc, Microsoft is simply making it easier for them, and easier for developers.
This isn't the worst thread on "please bring Halo 5 to PC". But man these give the rest of us a bad look to devs. They give us everything we wanted. But those 5 people who found one redeeming thing in that one absolute dumpsterfire title just cant help it.
I recently replayed Halo 5 and nearly puked at how much it just disgraced everything Halo has ever been to anyone. Down to the weapon sounds its disrespectful of its own legacy. The onlu thing I can think of that doesn't make that game kindling is the fact that it turns on, and it has a beginning, middle, and end to its campaign.
Not everybody wants to play on PC though. I'm more than content playing on Xbox, the chances of me buying a PC for gaming is 0
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3