Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I dont know if this was brought up previously but I was wondering if we will ever get halo 5 on MCC PC?
I dont know if this was brought up previously but I was wondering if we will ever get halo 5 on MCC PC?
It's been talked about a lot, and its highly unlikely that 5 will ever come to MCC. Now maybe it could be ported to PC as a standalone game, however if they ever do work on that, it wouldn't even begin till much time after Infinite launches.

Besides why would you want that dumpster fire? (talking about the campaign)

Multiplayer is similar to the launch of star wars battlefront 2 (EA), literally everything is tied behind loot boxes. Want new gun camos? Loot box. Want new helmets for your spartan? Loot box. Want new armor for your spartan? Loot box. Want different gun variants? Loot box. Want a better video game? Probably in the loot box
I’d hope so eventually. It will feel oddly weird to have every Halo except 5 on PC. I thought at the least that 5 had some eye candy to its campaign and the multiplayer was pretty decent as far as gameplay went.
I need it.

Despite the falsely advertised Campaign I think it had one of the best multiplayer's hands down (despite the fact they ruined the balance with that weapon tuning patch) and I don't care what people say.

Likely won't be added to MCC and will be it's own game which would probably be the best course of action since it's a big download itself.
I dont know if this was brought up previously but I was wondering if we will ever get halo 5 on MCC PC?
It's been talked about a lot, and its highly unlikely that 5 will ever come to MCC. Now maybe it could be ported to PC as a standalone game, however if they ever do work on that, it wouldn't even begin till much time after Infinite launches.

Besides why would you want that dumpster fire? (talking about the campaign)

Multiplayer is similar to the launch of star wars battlefront 2 (EA), literally everything is tied behind loot boxes. Want new gun camos? Loot box. Want new helmets for your spartan? Loot box. Want new armor for your spartan? Loot box. Want different gun variants? Loot box. Want a better video game? Probably in the loot box
Read brodimuzs answer like he said it just doesn’t feel right to leave that one out and on a personal note I loved the campaign but that’s just me
Multiplayer is similar to the launch of star wars battlefront 2 (EA), literally everything is tied behind loot boxes. Want new gun camos? Loot box. Want new helmets for your spartan? Loot box. Want new armor for your spartan? Loot box. Want different gun variants? Loot box. Want a better video game? Probably in the loot box
BF2 had actual player power tied behind lootboxes.
Maybe after their Road-Map is completed in MCC, they will probably look if it would work or maybe they will sell it completely separeted from MCC.
I could see Halo 5 coming to PC but it would be a stand-alone game IMO. People would be PISSED to say the least to see a “store” in MCC due to how old most of the games are Halo 4 is the youngest game in the MCC and that came out nearly 8 years ago. Also if they were to port it to pc we’d only get about 6 months to play it before infinite... if we’re lucky
It's called "The MASTER CHIEF Collection" but in halo 5 you barely see him
Brodimuz wrote:
Multiplayer is similar to the launch of star wars battlefront 2 (EA), literally everything is tied behind loot boxes. Want new gun camos? Loot box. Want new helmets for your spartan? Loot box. Want new armor for your spartan? Loot box. Want different gun variants? Loot box. Want a better video game? Probably in the loot box
BF2 had actual player power tied behind lootboxes.
The same with Halo 5 if you wanted to play warzone (which would have been a great mode if it wasn't pay to win). All power weapons, weapons variants, vehicles, armor abilities and so on is tied behind loot boxes. Literally the definition of pay to win
Brodimuz wrote:
Multiplayer is similar to the launch of star wars battlefront 2 (EA), literally everything is tied behind loot boxes. Want new gun camos? Loot box. Want new helmets for your spartan? Loot box. Want new armor for your spartan? Loot box. Want different gun variants? Loot box. Want a better video game? Probably in the loot box
BF2 had actual player power tied behind lootboxes.
The same with Halo 5 if you wanted to play warzone (which would have been a great mode if it wasn't pay to win). All power weapons, weapons variants, vehicles, armor abilities and so on is tied behind loot boxes. Literally the definition of pay to win
That’s one game mode that they admitted wouldn’t be balanced compared to a whole game.
I dont know if this was brought up previously but I was wondering if we will ever get halo 5 on MCC PC?
MCC is 100gigs and not only is Halo 5 100gigs as well. MCC struggles enough as it is with 6 engines running on the game. Also they are barely able to run the game right now on the xbox one with its limited memory.
Surasia wrote:
It's called "The MASTER CHIEF Collection" but in halo 5 you barely see him
Ah yes, that ol' chestnut. So what's Reach and ODST doing in there? :)
I would quite enjoy playing halo 5 on pc (because I didn't get an xbox one) but it definately wouldn't fit into mcc because its too big and has way too many extra features whrn compared to even halo 4

although it would be nice
I don't think we'll get Halo 5 in MCC for many reasons already stated....

HOWEVER! I think we will get Halo 5 on PC eventually.

Back when the Halo 5 Beta was running in the Xbox Version of MCC there was a "Play The Halo 5 Beta" Option in the Extras Tab in the Main Menu but after The Beta ended and actual Halo 5 was released it was instead replaced by a "Play Halo 5" Option that if you own Halo 5 it would close the MCC and immediately boot up Halo 5 making it feel a little more seamless than instead of just Closing the Game directly, going to the Menu, and selecting Halo 5.

If/When Halo 5 comes to PC I can see them doing something similar where if you own both the MCC & Halo 5 on PC they could easily make an Option for "Play Halo 5" that closes the MCC Application & starts the Halo 5 Application & vice versa so it feel a little more cohesive & resemble what the Xbox does with the two Games currently.
It's obvious to think the reasoning for reach and odst being added is because reach is a prequel to halo ce and odst takes place between halo 2 and 3. so including them in the mcc completed the collection and it was meant to include all the old games including halo 4 (being the least oldish).

I don't see them adding the button thing as that was just a beta thing.

If it's ported (hope so) it'll most likely be (like many have said) standalone like halo infinite as it's over 100gb, adding that to the mcc would put it over 200gb.

I don't know if there's limit to what the mcc can hold but making it a standalone release makes sense as the new story was supposed to start with 4 onwards, they just included 4 in the mcc, i guess because it was an oldish game by then and it also allowed them to add spartan ops for offline play and it would've only been halo ce, 2 and 3 without 4 so adding 4 make it sound like a better deal. Then adding ODST, Reach, 2A and now ODST Firefight made it an amazingly good deal.

Halo 5 would be a fine on it's own, campaign, forge, warzone, plently of content.
Surasia wrote:
It's called "The MASTER CHIEF Collection" but in halo 5 you barely see him
Ah yes, that ol' chestnut. So what's Reach and ODST doing in there? :)
the rookie and noble 6 were likeable characters and 343 would get backlash if they didnt add them to mcc.
Surasia wrote:
Surasia wrote:
It's called "The MASTER CHIEF Collection" but in halo 5 you barely see him
Ah yes, that ol' chestnut. So what's Reach and ODST doing in there? :)
the rookie and noble 6 were likeable characters and 343 would get backlash if they didnt add them to mcc.
Oh, indeed! But I was addressing your point. ;)
I just posted about this topic, it's sort of a perennial request. I would love to see it added to MCC, but even if not I'm confident we'll see the full game on PC one day. It's probably just going to be awhile because 343i probably has their hands full finalizing MCC PC, putting out the fire on Halo Infinite, and also wrangling that slippery little TV show.
343 has their hands full with Infinite but the seperate team porting the mcc on pc has their hands full with that, but when that's done, they could then be free to port halo 5 and halo wars 2 (yea we know it's on pc but NOT on steam which is where 99% of pc gamers want it to be)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2