Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo CE Anniversary *343 Please Read*

OP SiNNa91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Please for the love of god add input based match making if you're not removing Aim Assist on PC for Halo CE.

343i PLEASE also add dedicated servers to be hosted for 4v4 - 5v5 gametypes. The first Halo was known for 4v4-5v5 CTF/TWL-ASSAULT/CB.CTF Gametypes using Hogs and Ghosts in open maps and up to 10 flag captures for indoor/small maps. If you cannot add dedicated servers then at least add these maps and game types to competitive matchmaking. Nobody wants to play 4v4 Team Slayer in Chillout with rockets lol.

Maps: Ratrace, Damnation, Beaver creek, Prisoner, Derelict - The go to 4v4 CBCTF (Up to 10 flag captures) *You can also play TS and Oddball*
Maps: Sidewinder, Bloodgulch, Dangercanyon, - The go to maps for 4v4 CTF (3 Flag Captures) *You can also play TS and KOTH*
Maps: Gephyrophobia, Timberland, Ice Fields, Sidewinder, Bloodgulch, Dangercanyon - The 5v5 TWL ASSAULT CTF Gametype - (5 Flag Captures with 2 minute each side for Offense + Defense)

These are the following maps mostly used for 2v2s (Gametypes include Team Slayer, Oddball, KOTH)
- Chillout
- Derelict
- Wizard
- Hang 'Em High
- Ratrace
- Beaver creek
- Prisoner

The massive maps such as Death Island and Infinity are more social matchmaking for giant 8v8s not really competitive. The least played are Chiron TL-34, Longest and Boarding Action - These 3 should be added in Social Matchmaking as well.
What I want is for them to add 16 player FFA slayer.
SiNNa91 wrote:
Please for the love of god add input based match making if you're not removing Aim Assist on PC for Halo CE.

343i PLEASE also add dedicated servers to be hosted for 4v4 - 5v5 gametypes. The first Halo was known for 4v4-5v5 CTF/TWL/CBCTF Gametypes using Hogs and Ghosts in open maps and up to 10 flag captures for the indoor maps. If you cannot add dedicated servers then at least add these maps and game types to competitive matchmaking. Nobody wants to play 4v4 Team Slayer in Chillout with rockets lol.

Maps: Ratrace, Damnation, Beaver creek, Prisoner, Derelict - The go to 4v4 CBCTF (Up to 10 flag captures) *You can also play TS and Oddball* Maps: Sidewinder, Bloodgulch, Dangercanyon, - The go to maps for 4v4 CTF (3 Flag Captures) *You can also play TS and KOTH*Maps: Gephyrophobia, Timberland, Ice Fields, Sidewinder, Bloodgulch, Dangercanyon - The 5v5 TWL CTF Gametype - (5 Flag Captures)These are the following maps mostly used for 2v2s (Gametypes include Team Slayer, Oddball, KOTH)- Chillout
- Derelict
- Wizard
- Hang 'Em High
- Ratrace
- Beaver creek
- Prisoner

The massive maps such as Death Island and Infinity are more social player maps for giant 8v8s not really competitive. The least played is Chiron TL-34, Longest and Boarding Action that can all 3 be added in Social Matchmaking as well.
If they can’t do custom dedicated server browser, or if we can’t purchase our own dedicated servers, then at the very least they should have ALL custom games played on dedicated servers.

343 and Halo might be the only major gaming franchise that forces its players to play on P2P connections for custom games. It’s literally insane.

You watch tournament qualifiers being played on a players host and you wonder why Halo esports is all but dead.
Please check, and read, properly read, with your eyes. Notes from the devs.

Most of what you ask is in the pipes.

o , k , the, devs, are, aware, of, many, issues, and haven't fixed them hence why the player population has dropped to Solitaire with your grandpa levels on Steam.
bam9762 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:

343i PLEASE also add dedicated servers to be hosted for 4v4 - 5v5 gametypes. The first Halo was known for 4v4-5v5 CTF/TWL/CBCTF Gametypes using Hogs and Ghosts in open maps and up to 10 flag captures for the indoor maps. If you cannot add dedicated servers then at least add these maps and game types to competitive matchmaking. Nobody wants to play 4v4 Team Slayer in Chillout with rockets lol.

Maps: Ratrace, Damnation, Beaver creek, Prisoner, Derelict - The go to 4v4 CBCTF (Up to 10 flag captures) *You can also play TS and Oddball* Maps: Sidewinder, Bloodgulch, Dangercanyon, - The go to maps for 4v4 CTF (3 Flag Captures) *You can also play TS and KOTH*Maps: Gephyrophobia, Timberland, Ice Fields, Sidewinder, Bloodgulch, Dangercanyon - The 5v5 TWL CTF Gametype - (5 Flag Captures)These are the following maps mostly used for 2v2s (Gametypes include Team Slayer, Oddball, KOTH)- Chillout
- Derelict
- Wizard
- Hang 'Em High
- Ratrace
- Beaver creek
- Prisoner

The massive maps such as Death Island and Infinity are more social player maps for giant 8v8s not really competitive. The least played is Chiron TL-34, Longest and Boarding Action that can all 3 be added in Social Matchmaking as well.
If they can’t do custom dedicated server browser, or if we can’t purchase our own dedicated servers, then at the very least they should have ALL custom games played on dedicated servers.

343 and Halo might be the only major gaming franchise that forces its players to play on P2P connections for custom games. It’s literally insane.

You watch tournament qualifiers being played on a players host and you wonder why Halo esports is all but dead.
Agreed. Honestly if they don't fix the major issues from Reach on Halo CE I'm gonna pass on MCC all together on PC.
SiNNa91 wrote:

o , k , the, devs, are, aware, of, many, issues, and haven't fixed them hence why the player population has dropped to Solitaire with your grandpa levels on Steam.
These aren't issues that can be fixed with a simple update, never mind that updates aren't that simple to push out. There's a whole process most updates have to go through.

Talk is cheap.

It's been over 2* months now since Reach launched and we still can't rebind push-to-talk.

I sincerely hope Halo CE is different, but my hope is dwindling with each day passing without any fixes.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modded content.
The Halo:CE original autoaim is far less powerful than todays Reach. As it should be. It's beautiful, actually.

If the devs don't change Halo: CE original Autoaim, the game would be fair. Reach's autoaim and inverse flinch is so powerful that anyone drooling on their controller can perfectly 5-shot someone.

I don't think there would be a need for input based matchmaking if they leave the original Halo the hell alone. Let that legendary game exist in peace with its high skill ceiling.
The Halo:CE original autoaim is far less powerful than todays Reach. As it should be. It's beautiful, actually.

If the devs don't change Halo: CE original Autoaim, the game would be fair. Reach's autoaim and inverse flinch is so powerful that anyone drooling on their controller can perfectly 5-shot someone.

I don't think there would be a need for input based matchmaking if they leave the original Halo the hell alone. Let that legendary game exist in peace with its high skill ceiling.
I still think there should be in-put based matchmaking. There wasn't an auto-aim feature in the original Halo Combat Evolved on PC released in 2003 because unlike 343 - Bungie actually catered the game to Mouse+Keyboard users on PC, go figure. Needless to say nobody at the time was using Mouse and Keyboard on XBOX back then so it only makes sense to keep the two apart. I have no problem with controller players that want to relive the experience on PC and use their controller but they MUST play among themselves to keep the game fair at all costs.
SiNNa91 wrote:

343i PLEASE also add dedicated servers to be hosted for 4v4 - 5v5 gametypes. The first Halo was known for 4v4-5v5 CTF/TWL/CBCTF Gametypes using Hogs and Ghosts in open maps and up to 10 flag captures for indoor/small maps. If you cannot add dedicated servers then at least add these maps and game types to competitive matchmaking. Nobody wants to play 4v4 Team Slayer in Chillout with rockets lol.

- Derelict
- Wizard
- Hang 'Em High
- Ratrace
- Beaver creek
- Prisoner

The massive maps such as Death Island and Infinity are more social matchmaking for giant 8v8s not really competitive. The least played are Chiron TL-34, Longest and Boarding Action - These 3 should be added in Social Matchmaking as well.
The current competitive standard format for 2v2 at Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 LAN tournaments is team slayer on Chill Out, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Damnation, Derelict, Downrush, Battle Creek, and sometimes Rat Race.
There shouldn't be objective gametypes in the ranked Halo CE 2v2 matchmaking playlist on MCC because objective gametypes aren't viable for a 2v2 format. Objective gametypes are really only viable for formats with higher player counts such as 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, and 8v8. The current gametypes in the ranked Halo CE 2v2 matchmaking playlist on the MCC is team slayer on Chill Out, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Damnation, Derelict, Battle Creek, and Rat Race.

Regarding your statement on 4v4 team slayer on Chill Out with rockets, I'm not sure if you're referring to just 4v4 team rockets on Chill Out or just 4v4 team slayer in general on Chill Out. I agree that not that many people want to play 4v4 team rockets on Chill Out. That being said there are people like myself that enjoy playing 4v4 team slayer on Chill Out with the MLG rules especially to 100 kills instead of 50 kills.
SiNNa91 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
Agreed. Honestly if they don't fix the major issues from Reach on Halo CE I'm gonna pass on MCC all together on PC.
I hope that you realize that the MCC version of Halo 1 is currently plagued with a ton of bugs and issues because it's based off of the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo 1 instead of the original Xbox version of Halo 1. Gearbox botched the PC port of Halo 1 and 343 botched the MCC version of Halo 1 by using the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo 1 instead of the original Xbox version of Halo 1. The MCC version of Halo 1 currently isn't competitively viable due to the various bugs and issues that are plaguing the MCC version of Halo 1. The original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE is more competitively viable than the MCC version of Halo 1.

In order for 343 to make the MCC version of Halo 1 competitively viable they will most likely have to implement the lockstep networking for LAN/system link on top of making all of the other crucial aspects of the game be 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1. That being said I'm not going to get my hopes up for that to happen.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:

343i PLEASE also add dedicated servers to be hosted for 4v4 - 5v5 gametypes. The first Halo was known for 4v4-5v5 CTF/TWL/CBCTF Gametypes using Hogs and Ghosts in open maps and up to 10 flag captures for indoor/small maps. If you cannot add dedicated servers then at least add these maps and game types to competitive matchmaking. Nobody wants to play 4v4 Team Slayer in Chillout with rockets lol.

- Derelict
- Wizard
- Hang 'Em High
- Ratrace
- Beaver creek
- Prisoner

The current competitive standard format for 2v2 at Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 LAN tournaments is team slayer on Chill Out, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Damnation, Derelict, Downrush, Battle Creek, and sometimes Rat Race.
  • Beach LAN 8
  • UGC Halo Classic Halo CE 2v2 powered by Skillshot
  • Beach LAN 7
  • Beach LAN 6
  • VA Beach LAN 2019
  • VA Winter LAN 2019
There shouldn't be objective gametypes in the ranked Halo CE 2v2 matchmaking playlist on MCC because objective gametypes aren't viable for a 2v2 format. Objective gametypes are really only viable for formats with higher player counts such as 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, and 8v8. The current gametypes in the ranked Halo CE 2v2 matchmaking playlist on the MCC is team slayer on Chill Out, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Damnation, Derelict, Battle Creek, and Rat Race.

Regarding your statement on 4v4 team slayer on Chill Out with rockets, I'm not sure if you're referring to just 4v4 team rockets on Chill Out or just 4v4 team slayer in general on Chill Out. I agree that not that many people want to play 4v4 team rockets on Chill Out. That being said there are people like myself that enjoy playing 4v4 team slayer on Chill Out with the MLG rules especially to 100 kills instead of 50 kills.
SiNNa91 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
I hope that you realize that the MCC version of Halo 1 is currently plagued with a ton of bugs and issues because it's based off of the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo 1 instead of the original Xbox version of Halo 1. Gearbox botched the PC port of Halo 1 and 343 botched the MCC version of Halo 1 by using the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo 1 instead of the original Xbox version of Halo 1. The MCC version of Halo 1 currently isn't competitively viable due to the various bugs and issues that are plaguing the MCC version of Halo 1. The original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE is more competitively viable than the MCC version of Halo 1.

In order for 343 to make the MCC version of Halo 1 competitively viable they will most likely have to implement the lockstep networking for LAN/system link on top of making all of the other crucial aspects of the game be 1:1 with the original Xbox version of Halo 1. That being said I'm not going to get my hopes up for that to happen. Unfortunately I think that the only way to truly preserve the legacy of Halo 1 and increase the longevity of Halo 1 is through emulation of the original Xbox version of Halo 1.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNW69B8cLs
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjcgIvI1jtk
  • https://xqemu.com/
  • https://discordapp.com/invite/4aZYj74
  • http://www.halobugs.com/
  • https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/487240502505111552/567371824648945678/updated_mcc_bugs_list.txt
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-ce-pc-port-issues-masterlist/2b908f00-c2e5-4927-8649-9fa999de417e/posts?page=1#post5
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/e23gr8/an_open_letter_to_the_halo_community_the_current/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/b9zk3r/halo_community_please_get_behind_requesting_that/
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloCERefined/comments/9lpk6m/port_issues_masterlist/
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/the-ultimate-way-to-completely-fix-halo-ce-mcc/5f921cb7-b2d5-4d18-8041-11d2b8f49d45/posts?page=2#post22
  • How Combat Evolved was downgraded on MCC | How the original vision is being lost to time
  • Just how I remember Halo 1.
  • https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/megapost---autopsy-of-mcc-ce-and-how-to-revive-it/d580a243-c439-4189-9201-548a8bcb8820/posts?page=1
Thanks for you input. Like I said: I've played Halo nearly 2 decades - anyone that has played the PC version of Halo Combat Evolved will always agree the 4v4-5v5 match ups are more fun and competitive than those smaller maps. I understand that's how the lan tournaments are played on XBOX but we're not playing this game on XBOX. It doesn't have to follow the same competitive matchmaking playlist on XBOX. 4v4-5v5 CTF on maps such as Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, Danger Canyon, etc. using vehicles such as HOGS and GHOSTS are more fun than 2v2 team-slayer game types on small maps like wizard and chillout man lol. Team Slayer on the maps you mentioned are fine but CTF is FAR MORE fun and competitive if played correctly.

The botched version of Halo Combat Evolved on PC runs far more smoother than Halo Reach does at the moment and doesn't come with a broken Auto-Aim. Instead it has a dedicated server list for anyone to host their own private/public games. Plus there's external programs that allow you to customize maps as well. Sure, it wasn't an exact replica of the XBOX version and there was net-code problems but it was and still is superior than Halo Reach on PC after being around since 2003 lolol.
SiNNa91 wrote:
Nice metaphor lol
Even Chess has more Twitch viewers at times while MCC is nowhere to be seen
SiNNa91 wrote:
Plus there's external programs that allow you to customize maps as well. Sure, it wasn't an exact replica of the XBOX version and there was net-code problems but it was and still is superior than Halo Reach on PC after being around since 2003 lolol.
Can't argue with that. I even bet 343 will manage to make MCC CE even worse than Custom Edition.
SiNNa91 wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
SiNNa91 wrote:
bam9762 wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
Thanks for you input. Like I said: I've played Halo nearly 2 decades - anyone that has played the PC version of Halo Combat Evolved will always agree the 4v4-5v5 match ups are more fun and competitive than those smaller indoor maps. I understand that's how the lans are on XBOX but we're not playing this game on XBOX. It doesn't have to follow the same competitive matchmaking playlist on XBOX. 4v4-5v5 CTF on maps using vehicles such as HOGS or GHOSTS are more fun than 2v2 game types on small maps like wizard and chillout man lol.

The botched version of Halo Combat Evolved on PC runs far more smoother than Halo Reach does at the moment and doesn't come with a broken Auto-Aim. Instead it has a dedicated server list for anyone to host their own private/public games. Plus there's external programs that allow you to customize maps as well. Sure, it wasn't an exact replica of the XBOX version and there was net-code problems but it was and still is superior than Halo Reach on PC after being around since 2003 lolol.
I sometimes play Halo Custom Edition/Halo 1 PC on stunt_man's GMYF 2v2 servers and I disagree that 4v4-5v5 CTF on maps using vehicles has more competitive merit and is more fun than 2v2 team slayer on small maps such as Chill Out, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Damnation, Derelict, Downrush, Battle Creek, and Rat Race. Please keep in mind that 343 most likely wants to keep the ranked and social playlist settings on the PC version of MCC Halo CE 1:1 with the ranked and social playlist settings on the Xbox One version of MCC Halo CE so that they can eventually enable cross-play between the PC versions of MCC and the Xbox One version of MCC. That is why I'm giviing you push back on your matchmaking playlists suggestions for the PC version of MCC Halo 1.
Anyways that's besides the point. The various bugs and issues that are currently plaguing the MCC version of Halo 1 will negativity impact your experience regardless of the gametypes, rules, player counts, or formats that you prefer playing Halo 1 in. I don't care that you think that the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo 1 is a superior port compared to the MCC PC port of Halo Reach because I don't play Halo Reach, the only Halo game that I play is Halo 1. Please quit defending the botched Gearbox PC port of Halo 1, the game is atrocious.
SiNNa91 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
This ^^^^^^

Like HOW many UPDATES do we need to re-bind the push to talk key? And as far as these challenging updates go.. Look at Halo Combat Evolved on PC for reference. The game runs far more smoother on mouse/keyboard than Halo Reach does at the moment.
CE runs smoother with Keyboard and mouse because Gearbox didn't give it the kind of controller support that PC games would receive in the following years. Keyboard and Mouse is the ONLY viable option for playing Custom Edition or Combat Evolved PC multiplayer, since playing with a controller is like trying to steer a car with a blown out tire on the freeway while the road is covered in black ice. I know this because I've tried (using a controller in CE online multiplayer, that is). Controllers work fine for single player, though.
SiNNa91 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
This ^^^^^^

Like HOW many UPDATES do we need to re-bind the push to talk key? And as far as these challenging updates go.. Look at Halo Combat Evolved on PC for reference. The game runs far more smoother on mouse/keyboard than Halo Reach does at the moment.
CE runs smoother with Keyboard and mouse because Gearbox didn't give it the kind of controller support that PC games would receive in the following years. Keyboard and Mouse is the ONLY viable option for playing Custom Edition or Combat Evolved PC multiplayer, since playing with a controller is like trying to steer a car with a blown out tire on the freeway while the road is covered in black ice. I know this because I've tried (using a controller in CE online multiplayer, that is). Controllers work fine for single player, though.
When I play Halo Custom Edition/Halo 1 PC on stunt_man's GMYF 2v2 servers I use a controller with Chimera installed.
What I want is for them to add 16 player FFA slayer.
yes!
SiNNa91 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
This ^^^^^^

There is aim assist on custom edition, but I think it needs to be turned on through console commands.

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you look at the stock tag-set of HaloCE, the aim-assist settings (across the board) are stronger than Reach. Also its player_magnetism not auto_aim, god its even in something you can see in gorilla!

Autoaim = RED CROSS-HAIR (This behaves the same no matter your input method, on every Halo game!)
Magnetism (aka player_magnetism) = CONTROLLER AIM ASSIST

SiNNa91 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
This ^^^^^^

Open up Halo's shortcut, add -console at the end of the line that includes the executable name, apply changes.
Open game, get to menu, hit ~ and type in player_magnetism true go into multiplayer, enjoy.

Gearbox just had the foresight to have to have it automatically disabled in multiplayer...

xxcloud7xx wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
This ^^^^^^

When I play Halo Custom Edition/Halo 1 PC on stunt_man's GMYF 2v2 servers I use a controller with Chimera installed.
  • http://halo1hub.com/halo-pc-setup/
  • https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6916-chimera-10-beta/
Chimera just skips the step above.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2