Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo MCC Local Multiplayer Split-Screen

OP nasthedon9165

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Why was Local Multiplayer Split-Screen removed from both Halo Reach and Halo CE:A on PC? I've got both now on PC and one of the main features of Halo has been splitscreen, please give this feature a deserving return! Everyone will love you for it and will make the game sell more.
More and more people are connecting their PCs to their TVs and playing with controllers. And gamers have friends/family that they like to play with. Split-screen should be a priority in this day and age. 343, add split-screen and more people will buy the game.
I only got this game to play split screen co-op with my kid. I read that Reach didn't have this option, so we waited for Halo:CE. And no split screen. Is it too late to get a refund? Lol
Please add Split-Screen 343i
Yeah, do it please
Split screen was the entire reason I got into Halo years ago. All the other shooters had no or limited split screen, and I really didn't enjoy call of duty. Inviting a few friends over and spending hours messing around in forge and custom games were some of the highlights of my late childhood. I probably never would have purchased a halo game had it not had such solid split screen functionality.

Split screen sold me on the franchise, and if 343i totally ignores split screen for PC, they'll likely lose me as a customer. I was so excited to relive the campaigns in split screen with my wife, but was extremely disappointed when I found out MCC didn't have it.

Edit:
On top of this, the entire reason I never bought an Xbox One was because Halo 5 didn't have split screen, yet basically required co op play for the campaign. I didn't have enough friends who had their own Xbox One and Halo 5 to make it worth it. So MS definitely lost a customer of both their console and their flagship series. Looks like the same situation is happening with MCC on PC...
I concur with OP!
Same - I'm waiting to pull the trigger until we get the full game. And I say this as someone who has waited more than a decade for more Halo stuff to come out on PC. I simply won't buy a pared down version of the game.
It should never have been removed. It needs to return.
I don't know if 343 have said officially why split screen is not in the mcc. It was a massive part of the halo games.

Only way i can see this being added is by the modding community.
I got the game to play it with my boyfriend. It didn’t even cross my mind that it wouldn’t have local coop. They need to add it soon or at least tell us that they will on the future.
One way to use this feature is to open discord with your friend and use the option of sharing screens. Put the game in windows mode and there you go.
MrrBaconn wrote:
I got the game to play it with my boyfriend. It didn’t even cross my mind that it wouldn’t have local coop. They need to add it soon or at least tell us that they will on the future.
I agree. I wish the devs would at least tell us if they are even considering adding it, or give us some closure and tell us it's not coming at all.
I want split screen back to
HOrobOD1 wrote:
MrrBaconn wrote:
I got the game to play it with my boyfriend. It didn’t even cross my mind that it wouldn’t have local coop. They need to add it soon or at least tell us that they will on the future.
I agree. I wish the devs would at least tell us if they are even considering adding it, or give us some closure and tell us it's not coming at all.
The most they have said is if people show enough interest then they might do it.
I would like my girlfriend to discover Halo during this trouble time. Can't do it. We play games together but we can't play Halo because splitscreen is not in there an it should have been...
deathgami wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
MrrBaconn wrote:
I got the game to play it with my boyfriend. It didn’t even cross my mind that it wouldn’t have local coop. They need to add it soon or at least tell us that they will on the future.
I agree. I wish the devs would at least tell us if they are even considering adding it, or give us some closure and tell us it's not coming at all.
The most they have said is if people show enough interest then they might do it.
Then we need to show them that we're interested! Do you have any sources of them saying this? I haven't come across any.
HOrobOD1 wrote:
deathgami wrote:
HOrobOD1 wrote:
MrrBaconn wrote:
I got the game to play it with my boyfriend. It didn’t even cross my mind that it wouldn’t have local coop. They need to add it soon or at least tell us that they will on the future.
I agree. I wish the devs would at least tell us if they are even considering adding it, or give us some closure and tell us it's not coming at all.
The most they have said is if people show enough interest then they might do it.
Then we need to show them that we're interested! Do you have any sources of them saying this? I haven't come across any.
Took a second but sadly they ever only really talked about it and never placed it in an actual update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmVazrsZIM&feature=youtu.be&t=1525
PLEASE add this to the MCC. So much of the core Halo experience is wrapped up in split-screen play with friends and family.
I'm telling you man, if they launch halo 2, a customs browser, and splitscreen in one massive update... oh BOY. That would be such a bro move man. That's basically all I need. Halo 2 with a customs browser and splitscreen is the end goal man. That's why I get up every morning.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4