Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo MCC PC FAQ (Please Read)

OP James060394

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
FAQ for the recently announced Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the PC. Please feel free to add your questions below and I will try to add them to the FAQ. Will try to keep this updated as information gets confirmed.

Where can I buy MCC?

MCC will be available on both the Microsoft Store (Windows 10) and Steam.

How much will MCC cost?

No information has been released at this time for either platforms.

What are the System Requirements? Do they vary per game?

No information has been released at this time other than that it will require a 64 bit OS.

What games are included?

MCC will include Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach.

Will my unlocks and progress on the 360/One carry over to the PC version?

It's not clear at this time. 360 stats and unlocks (Recon armour etc) for Halo 2, 3 and 4 did not carry over to the Xbox version of MCC so it's more than likely going to be the same with Halo: Reach and it is unlikely they will for MCC PC. As for Xbox One progress carrying over to the PC, 343 has not made an announcement regarding this at this time.

Where is Halo 5: Guardians?

Halo 5: Guardians is not a part of the MCC and is not confirmed to be getting a PC release at this time. There is a small, free download on the Microsoft Store titled 'Halo 5: Forge', which allows players to Forge and host custom multiplayer games with other players only.

Do I need an Xbox Live Account?

You will need an Xbox Live account for BOTH the Microsoft Store and Steam versions of the game. You do NOT need an Xbox Live Gold Subscription for multiplayer.

When is MCC being released?

Official release date is not confirmed at this time.

Will MCC release with all games included?

Not at first. The Halo games are having a staggered release in chronological order in relation to the games plot, starting with Halo: Reach. This means the order of release will be Reach>CE>2>ODST>3>4.

What changes are being added to the PC version?

FOV slider, good mouse and keyboard controls, ability to re-bind all inputs, support for ultra wide monitors.

Does MCC support Cross-play and Play Anywhere (owning a digital copy on Xbox getting you PC version for free), including Xbox Achievements?

TBA - No information has been released at this time.

Will there be a 'flighting' program like for Xbox One or a Beta?

UPDATE - MCC Flighting program is now confirmed for PC. You will need to sign up for it via the Halo Insider program. Follow the instructions and provide a Dxdiag of your PC.

Will there be mod support?

TBC - No information has been released at this time.

If I buy on Steam or the Microsoft Store, will I get a copy for the other platform?

Will MCC support Split-Screen?

Will Halo: Reach's credit system and customization remain fully intact on MCC?

TBC - No information has been released at this time. For the time being, Halo 2 and Halo 3 had more limited customisation options than their Xbox/PC counterparts so it is possible this may be a similar situation with Reach.
"If I buy on steam, will it show up on the MS store as well via CD code?"
"If I buy on steam, will it show up on the MS store as well via CD code?"
Unlikely if it's like any other Windows Store + Steam release but i'll add it to the FAQ until we get confirmation!
Will we be able to move our save files/maps/custom games/etc over from X360 and/or Xbox one consoles to the PC versions?
Will Halo Reach on MCC support and have available the extra gametypes that Bungie released post launch?
splitscreen?
Return of full armor customization (since Reach is coming, the necessity for this is triple now)?
i'm sooo excited and i just can't hiiide it

i'll have to start grinding the achivements that i've got left on xbox while i still have the time

I hope they don't replace the credit system with Micro-transactions.
Skerpy wrote:

I hope they don't replace the credit system with Micro-transactions.
I'm pretty confident that micro transactions are not going to be a thing in MCC
Updated FAQ with some of the additional questions.
If I bought this on my Xbox Live account when it released, will I have to purchase again on PC? I've sold my xbox years ago but have kept my user name and play some Xbox One games on PC
If I bought this on my Xbox Live account when it released, will I have to purchase again on PC? I've sold my xbox years ago but have kept my user name and play some Xbox One games on PC
Falls under the 'Play Anywhere' initiative though I will update the FAQ to reflect that. At the moment it's not confirmed though at this time.
This topic should be pinned at top of the forum, can the moderators do this? Also ODST firefight hasn't been confirmed yet, only the campaign.
Please include Steam Workshop support and simultaneous Mouse and Gamepad inputs!
Great post.

The only gripe is that the release order is going to be Reach, CEA, H2A, H3, H3ODST, H4. Even though they've stated it's going to follow chronological order, they will release 3 before ODST.
Do we know what the hardware requirements will be for the PC version of the MCC, like CPU processing power, GPU processing power, and RAM and whatnot? Will all of the games have the same requirements, or will it vary depending on each individual game?
Do we know what the hardware requirements will be for the PC version of the MCC, like CPU processing power, GPU processing power, and RAM and whatnot? Will all of the games have the same requirements, or will it vary depending on each individual game?
Nothing yet outside of it requiring a 64 bit OS, likely Windows 10 only.

Added to FAQ

Added to FAQ
Where was it confirmed that a 64bit os is needed?
smasher555 wrote:

Added to FAQ
Where was it confirmed that a 64bit os is needed?
Steam system requirements - https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2