Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo MCC PC FAQ (Please Read)

OP James060394

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It would be a miracle if the devs could take a glimpse in this FAQ and maybe by chance answer a few questions, considering how many there are on the reddit stream AMA.

Anyways, I'd like to take that chance and ask a small question which is whether or not the Legendary Edition items from Reach and Bungie's farewell DLC will come back and remain exclusive to mark the players who wholly supported the franchise. I was caught of guard, if not a little upset, when I found out everyone got the Recon helmet in Halo 3 - MCC from what I remember was only obtainable via hard challenges before. I saw some ideas going around to introduce a new flaming helmet with a different color, which to me sounds like a good idea to compensate.
Do we know what the hardware requirements will be for the PC version of the MCC, like CPU processing power, GPU processing power, and RAM and whatnot? Will all of the games have the same requirements, or will it vary depending on each individual game?
Nothing yet outside of it requiring a 64 bit OS, likely Windows 10 only.

Added to FAQ
Okay then. I guess I'll just make sure to upgrade the amount of RAM in my computer as a precaution, but at least I already own a 64-bit version of Windows 10, so I've got that much covered, and I've got an nVidia graphics card with 2GB of DDR3 RAM on it, so that should at least take care of the graphics department.
Do we know what the hardware requirements will be for the PC version of the MCC, like CPU processing power, GPU processing power, and RAM and whatnot? Will all of the games have the same requirements, or will it vary depending on each individual game?

Added to FAQ
Okay then. I guess I'll just make sure to upgrade the amount of RAM in my computer as a precaution, but at least I already own a 64-bit version of Windows 10, so I've got that much covered, and I've got an nVidia graphics card with 2GB of DDR3 RAM on it, so that should at least take care of the graphics department.
It entirely depends at this stage. If it's like modern games in terms of specs, then a 2GB GPU card may struggle at 1080p at decent framerates.

That said, most 2GB GPU's had no problems with Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista so we'll have to see.

Added to FAQ
It entirely depends at this stage. If it's like modern games in terms of specs, then a 2GB GPU card may struggle at 1080p at decent framerates.

That said, most 2GB GPU's had no problems with Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista so we'll have to see.
Well, I did just order a 2-stick set of 4GB DDR3 RAM sticks for 8 GB total. Even if they don't sync with the DDR3 currently in my system and I have to use only these two new ones, it'll still give me more RAM than what I currently have in my machine (6 GB). If they DO sync up, then I could be looking at 10 or 12 gigabytes of RAM in my machine total! But, knowing my luck, the new RAM won't play nice with the old RAM and I'll be forced to just stick with two 4-GB sticks for 8 GB instead of all of them combined. Oh well, at least with just 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, I'll be able to play the new Resident Evil 2 remake if I ever decide buy that for the PC.
Flighting program now confirmed for MCC PC.
I just dont see a 2gb card being able to smoothly run any games that come out this year, especially if the card has DDR3 in it. Pick up a 1660TI, it would blow your current card out of the water.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2