Alright, so I've just seen the trailer for MCC, IT'S COMING TO STEAM!

THIS IS EPIC.

Now, I feel this intense sense of hope for Halo right now... BUT, gnawing at the back of my mind is halo 5's marketing and MCC's bugs.

I do feel hopeful, so I'm gonna go ahead and trust 343 to make the RIGHT decisions... for now.

How do you guys feel?
I feel the same way you feel man.

I hope they take there time on releasing the game.
I think the way they are handling things right now means they are at least listening to the fans. I feel the way MCC and H5 launched was due to Microsoft wanting them to be released before the holidays. I think its very noble that they are going back to this game in order to make it something truly special. And the fact that they are making us wait for Infinite is a good sign.
Haven't been on these forums in 5 years. I wanna believe again, but we'll see. I'm just happy to play the old games again on PC. And on Steam, to boot.
I hope they're open to people modding the offline content such as the campaigns. Mods can breathe new life into games and even bring totally new experiences or new takes on the game. See Star Wars Interregnum or Star Trek Armada 3 for Sins of a Solar Empire for an example...or even SPv3 for Halo CE for a Halo specific example.

I don't expect mod tools, though that would be awesome, but I hope they don't outright outlaw it. Again, the offline content. Obviously modding the competitive stuff would be a no-no.
I hope they're open to people modding the offline content such as the campaigns. Mods can breathe new life into games and even bring totally new experiences or new takes on the game. See Star Wars Interregnum or Star Trek Armada 3 for Sins of a Solar Empire for an example...or even SPv3 for Halo CE for a Halo specific example.

I don't expect mod tools, though that would be awesome, but I hope they don't outright outlaw it. Again, the offline content. Obviously modding the competitive stuff would be a no-no.
We could even host our own servers! Then we can go crazy with any mods we wish from campaign, to multiplayer, to forge!