Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Halo Reach PC Release Date 12/3

OP Barmstro101

haven’t seen this posted yet so I figured I’d throw it out here. Should be official after the show today but seems legit. In line with being released before 2020 so I’m stoked.

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-reach-launches-december-3-on-pc/
Unless they crunch for the next 2.5 weeks that is way too soon for a release date, at least on PC... there is still far too many QoL features missing on top of a lackluster mouse control, horrid netcode with low tick rate and ridiculously over tuned aim assist on PC atm.

if the game were to release in this state it would be a bloody disaster... I’d rather them delay the PC version by another 3 months at least and have a public open beta to iron all of these issues out...
Its not fake news, just saw and I am thrilled!
As someone who has been very active in the MCCPC flight testing, here is my hot take on the release date of Reach being on Dec. 3rd:

1. What we have seen of Reach so far is still *VERY* unpolished. Anyone who says otherwise is wearing rose-tinted glasses. I know the bug submissions on the support site are just pouring in, day after day. Especially from the more hardcore / veteran halo fans who are nitpicking every single little issue to make sure these games are perfect! We are SO lucky to be given a second shot at MCC, so we need to make sure that it is done RIGHT.
  2. Forge + theater mode aren't even going to release along with the rest of the game at the start. What type of message does this send to the potential buyers? I’ll tell you: “We are rushing the product to market.”
  3. What the flight testers have seen of forge (by gaining access through modding on Flight 2 and Flight 3) is good, but it obviously needs 2 - 3 more months of development, the control scheme for kb/m is completely broken, the menus don’t appear correctly in some cases, and they haven’t really added much over vanilla besides some campaign vehicles and other small items.
  4. We have had zero access to theater mode, so who knows how far along that is.
  5. We have heard hardly *ANYTHING* about the customs browser in months. This is absolutely a KEY factor to the long-term popularity of MCC on both PC and Xbox. Wouldn't this be a feature that would be worth delaying the release of the game for? Especially given that what made Reach popular originally was the custom games and forge.
  6. We already saw how toxic the "gamer" community can get about new release bugs from the issues with the recent Twitch Rivals event. Why try and rush out a re-release of a game that isn't fully polished and already has a *BIG* black-eye from a very shaky original launch? Contrary to popular belief, this re-release of MCC is trying to bring NEW players to the franchise in the lead-up to Halo: Infinite, it isn’t being made solely for us veterans of the franchise.
  7. Rushing the release of Reach (and MCC on PC in general) seems like a confusing decision given the fact that up until this point the MCC team has been very "it will be ready when it's ready." Which I fully agree with. I personally think that each title in the collection should be flighted until they are polished with a mirror finish and THEN released.
  8. Putting a date on the game has now put the MCC team in a crunch position, this means that things are going to be rushed and corners are going to be cut. This game deserves so much more than that. The halo community wants to see this new MCC be popular for years and years to come and introduce new players to the franchise.
I have been a die-hard fan of Halo since HCE, I was so devastated when the original launch of MCC was a huge flop. This game has an INCREDIBLE amount of potential, so I would hate to see the re-release of this game meet the same fate. Please don’t rush any part of this game to release MCC team, just let it be ready when it is ready. I am crossing my fingers so hard right now that the "internal" builds of the game are much further along than the flight build we currently have. Best of luck to the team over these next three weeks leading up to the release, I'm sure it will be stressful!
Lasiro 113 wrote:
As someone who has been very active in the MCCPC flight testing, here is my hot take on the release date of Reach being on Dec. 3rd:

1. What we have seen of Reach so far is still *VERY* unpolished. Anyone who says otherwise is wearing rose-tinted glasses. I know the bug submissions on the support site are just pouring in, day after day. Especially from the more hardcore / veteran halo fans who are nitpicking every single little issue to make sure these games are perfect! We are SO lucky to be given a second shot at MCC, so we need to make sure that it is done RIGHT.
  2. Forge + theater mode aren't even going to release along with the rest of the game at the start. What type of message does this send to the potential buyers? I’ll tell you: “We are rushing the product to market.”
  3. What the flight testers have seen of forge (by gaining access through modding on Flight 2 and Flight 3) is good, but it obviously needs 2 - 3 more months of development, the control scheme for kb/m is completely broken, the menus don’t appear correctly in some cases, and they haven’t really added much over vanilla besides some campaign vehicles and other small items.
  5. We have heard hardly *ANYTHING* about the customs browser in months. This is absolutely a KEY factor to the long-term popularity of MCC on both PC and Xbox. Wouldn't this be a feature that would be worth delaying the release of the game for? Especially given that what made Reach popular originally was the custom games and forge.
  6. We already saw how toxic the "gamer" community can get about new release bugs from the issues with the recent Twitch Rivals event. Why try and rush out a re-release of a game that isn't fully polished and already has a *BIG* black-eye from a very shaky original launch? Contrary to popular belief, this re-release of MCC is trying to bring NEW players to the franchise in the lead-up to Halo: Infinite, it isn’t being made solely for us veterans of the franchise.
  7. Rushing the release of Reach (and MCC on PC in general) seems like a confusing decision given the fact that up until this point the MCC team has been very "it will be ready when it's ready." Which I fully agree with. I personally think that each title in the collection should be flighted until they are polished with a mirror finish and THEN released.
  8. Putting a date on the game has now put the MCC team in a crunch position, this means that things are going to be rushed and corners are going to be cut. This game deserves so much more than that. The halo community wants to see this new MCC be popular for years and years to come and introduce new players to the franchise.
I have been a die-hard fan of Halo since HCE, I was so devastated when the original launch of MCC was a huge flop. This game has an INCREDIBLE amount of potential, so I would hate to see the re-release of this game meet the same fate. Please don’t rush any part of this game to release MCC team, just let it be ready when it is ready. I am crossing my fingers so hard right now that the "internal" builds of the game are much further along than the flight build we currently have. Best of luck to the team over these next three weeks leading up to the release, I'm sure it will be stressful!
I have to echo a lot of this. Going off the number of bug reports - in general and submitted by myself - there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed and ironed out before the game will be properly ready to ship.
Releasing the game just 2 weeks after the conclusion of the current flight is a huge red flag for me.
Ideally the dev build is miles ahead of the Insider build and has all the issues fixed but I wouldn't put money on it, and even if that is the case fixing one bug can create another.
I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I hope that the game comes out and is everything we want it to be, but there are good reasons to be concerned.
This PC port needs at least 3 more months in the oven
Seems too early tbh
The beta build for the game is weeks behind the actual dev build of the game so the dev build would have more ironed out bugs
None of us know how polished the Dev build of the game is so the release date may seem more realistic for the devs if their final build is more polished and less buggy.

Theres also time leading up to the release for bugs to be fixed in time for launch.
I LOVE YOU 343 YOU DID IT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! GET READY TO ENLIST SOLDIERS!
From a perspective of a person who's seen how the game performs in flights, this game is coming out 2 months too early, unless the latest post-patch flight is at least a month behind the current internal build.
From a perspective of a person who's seen how the game performs in flights, this game is coming out 2 months too early, unless the latest post-patch flight is at least a month behind the current internal build.
The mouse input issues alone are enough for me to agree with you.
pudsqueak2 wrote:
None of us know how polished the Dev build of the game is so the release date may seem more realistic for the devs if their final build is more polished and less buggy.

Theres also time leading up to the release for bugs to be fixed in time for launch.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Lasiro 113 wrote:

I agree with Lasiro.

Hell, the people at Eldewrito were(/are) doing a much better job and their modded Halo version seems to be years ahead than what a full development team at 343 is able to put together.
I have heard over and over again how these developers say that community feedback means the world to them but releasing a game like Reach in such an unpolished state and basically unwhole/broken (removing a key features like Forge & Theater means to me the game is not whole) tells that is not the case.

Not to even mention the "promised" support of custom browsers. I mean when you start listing all these missing features up, are we even getting Reach or just some quickly scrambled cash grab product? At this rate I'm expecting a lot of Steam review bombing and will save my money for until the game is actually finished.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure the team is working their -Yoinks!- off to deliver the game in the best possible state they can. But why not aim that best state to be a full game with all of its features, some time in 2020?