Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Homing rockets in Halo: CE on the MCC PC

OP Blast88

So I'm hoping that Halo CE on the MCC PC would be featuring the lock-on screen fire for the Rocket Launcher because Halo CE deserves to have that awesome ability for the Rocket Launcher. So I really want to see that Rocket Launcher ability in Halo CE on the MCC PC. What do you guys think?
I would prefer if they kept the vanilla gameplay the same and leave it to modders to add new gameplay features like this.
Homing rockets were useless anyway...
Call me a traditionalist, but I prefer to play the game in its original form.
There's nothing as satisfactory as downing a banshee or warthog with no aim assist, knowing well that it was your calculations that made it possible.
ZnaZanZ wrote:
I would prefer if they kept the vanilla gameplay the same and leave it to modders to add new gameplay features like this.
For me, I'd rather see the homing rockets feature come to Halo CE. Look at Halo Reach which is set before Halo CE, it uses the homing rockets feature. Otherwise however, we can have the homing rockets be indeed a mod as you mentioned when talking about modders adding new gameplay features like this.
Let's go with no. Just lead your shots, it's not that hard.
Does Halo: Fireteam Raven features homing rockets? If so, then homing rockets should so appear in Halo CE. Also, leading the shots isn't always easy.
Blast88 wrote:
Does Halo: Fireteam Raven features homing rockets? If so, then homing rockets should so appear in Halo CE. Also, leading the shots isn't always easy.
You're confusing lore importance with gameplay importance. People who go back to play Halo CE are not going to be going back looking for homing rockets. There are plenty of people who, unlike you, have no desire for homing rockets at all. They want the game to be exactly like how it was when they first played it. No amount of supportive lore would ever change what they want from their gameplay experience, and seeing as that makes it a lose-lose situation to add them in or not (for microsoft), it's highly doubtful you'd ever see them being added in any official capacity.
battleon9 wrote:
Blast88 wrote:
You're confusing lore importance with gameplay importance. People who go back to play Halo CE are not going to be going back looking for homing rockets. There are plenty of people who, unlike you, have no desire for homing rockets at all. They want the game to be exactly like how it was when they first played it. No amount of supportive lore would ever change what they want from their gameplay experience, and seeing as that makes it a lose-lose situation to add them in or not (for microsoft), it's highly doubtful you'd ever see them being added in any official capacity.
Oh wait. I remember now that Halo: Fireteam Raven doesn't have homing rockets. Ok you guys are right, homing rockets are unlikely to be in Halo CE.
343i isn’t going to change vanilla gameplay. Graphics, sure, but everything else will (and should) stay the same.
Blast88 wrote:
Oh wait. I remember now that Halo: Fireteam Raven doesn't have homing rockets. Ok you guys are right, homing rockets are unlikely to be in Halo CE.
I think you just missed the point entirely. I don't care what lore reasons exist, the original game didn't have homing rockets therefore a remaster should not have them.

Plus, the CE part of MCC is just going to be a port of Halo Anniversary.
Entropy91 wrote:
Blast88 wrote:
I think you just missed the point entirely. I don't care what lore reasons exist, the original game didn't have homing rockets therefore a remaster should not have them.

Plus, the CE part of MCC is just going to be a port of Halo Anniversary.
You might be right because its doubtful that homing rockets will appear in Halo CE MCC PC but this topic here was just my speculation. So it is to be noted that it's not confirmed since Halo CE MCC PC would be keeping the fundamental gameplay elements which is fine and it's a good thing while at the same time, graphics and scenes are given upgrades to match with the modern/current updates of the Halo games.
No, that's just how CE is meant to be played. Just finished my 6th CE legendary playthrough yesterday and had no trouble hitting moving targets 300 meters away. Adds to the fun and satisfaction. Even now in Halo 2 I totally forgot the Rocket Launcher could lock on and just shoot without it. I don't dual wield either.
Terg500 wrote:
No, that's just how CE is meant to be played. Just finished my 6th CE legendary playthrough yesterday and had no trouble hitting moving targets 300 meters away. Adds to the fun and satisfaction. Even now in Halo 2 I totally forgot the Rocket Launcher could lock on and just shoot without it. I don't dual wield either.
I just mentioned that when I was pointing out how CE is most certainly going to keep the fundamental gameplay elements. Also, i have no problem in playing CE without homing rockets.
those rockets only works in campaign LOL
Blast88 wrote:
So I'm hoping that Halo CE on the MCC PC would be featuring the lock-on screen fire for the Rocket Launcher because Halo CE deserves to have that awesome ability for the Rocket Launcher. So I really want to see that Rocket Launcher ability in Halo CE on the MCC PC. What do you guys think?
Well, that depends. Would this carry over into the Campaign? Because if it does, then please remember that levels featuring The FLOOD will have those same homing rockets being used against you.