1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So how can I get season points to unlock those armors? I've found nowhere that said this and get really confused.
Each time your rank increases, you should get one season point, I believe. So you need to rank-up in the progression system in order to earn season points for unlocks.
Thx. Despite multiplayer, can I play campaigns to level up? If I dislike multiplayer (somehow sometimes)?
The points are meaningless essentially at this point (I think). You get one per level and have to spend one per level to progress......so they don't really seem to do anything.
The points are meaningless essentially at this point (I think). You get one per level and have to spend one per level to progress......so they don't really seem to do anything.
I'm confused on exactly what the new system is. Is there somewhere I can read about it?
I'm confused on exactly what the new system is. Is there somewhere I can read about it?
Not that I've found...
But can i play story to level up?
You can't rank up in Campaign, for some reason. So if you want to unlock armor you have no incentive to ever play campaign.
You can't rank up in story, no. Otherwise they could not as easily switch to MTX and bought Season-Passes later, when there was a less competitive and grindy way to unlock stuff, you know?
i don’t understand it either there isn’t any point in stacking your season points so why issue them why not just bypass that part of the game
dejame 24 wrote:
i don’t understand it either there isn’t any point in stacking your season points so why issue them why not just bypass that part of the game
Exactly. It's so weird.

They literally serve no purpose AT ALL, other than to manipulate players' emotions with yet another gratification loop.

It's very odd.
you can rank up in firefight, i think its a lot faster in firefight arcade its still MP but its co-op since you will get most of your exp from medals
dejame 24 wrote:
Yeah the whole system is weird, it should have just been armor unlocks every time you level up.

I think it's some shady psychological stuff, where earning 'money' and 'buying' things is more gratifying and addicting than having it handed out for leveling up.

Either way its a dumb and redundant system that was probably forced down their throats by some Microsoft suit
Each time you rank up, you get 1 season point!
It has all the trappings of a system based on FOMO, gratification and micro-transactions. Almost like they're planning on adding those MTX later, heh heh.

I HATE that, I want my Reach experience to be relaxed, not pressuring me into playing as much of a multi season as I can in case I miss out on armor. They won't give a straight answer as to WHY the new system was ever a necessity. It feels shallow, which is a shame. Customization unlocks were part of the experience for me with the old Reach, they meant something and gauged overall progression. Now my campaign playthroughs are still fun but don't contribute anything to my character.
It's good
It also means everyone has the same stuff.....which is meh
While I’m meh with this new “progression system” I’m
Definitely a fan of the old system better
I HATE that, I want my Reach experience to be relaxed, not pressuring me into playing as much of a multi season as I can in case I miss out on armor. They won't give a straight answer as to WHY the new system was ever a necessity.
This is not true, seasons aren't a limited time. You could pick the game up in three years and still be able to unlock everything from season one.

The new progression system isn't a remake of the Halo Reach system, I don't know why you guys expected that. It's a new system for ALL games on MCC and the naming/design scheme was inspired by reach. They significantly reduced how much grinding it takes to rank up. I do agree with you that the customisation unlocks should be less linear, luckily they said they'd address that for season 2
So just to clarify, it's not a season pass kind of thing...that would be a def not getting the game in that case.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3