Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

How has Fireflight been so far?

OP Desmond373

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Have you encountered many bugs?

Hows the gameplay?

Any changes from Xbox to PC that you don't like?

Please tell me I live vicariously through you.
So far no gameplay changes from the Xbox to PC aside from the BUTTER SMOOTHNESS. There are some minor bugs here and there, but nothing to render it unplayable. I'm really enjoying it.
it wont even let me play, once it gets past the matchmaking menu and somewhere in the loading screen my game just decides to commit suicide and not respond
Desmond373 wrote:
Have you encountered many bugs?
Really not that many. The only one that was really noticeable were enemies "hovering". They walked without executing an animation.
Desmond373 wrote:
Hows the gameplay?
Fun. Same as on the original back in the days. I didn't expect it to feel so much the same, even with k/m instead of a controller.
And it is reeeeeeallly smooth.
Desmond373 wrote:
Any changes from Xbox to PC that you don't like?
Nope.
it wont even let me play, once it gets past the matchmaking menu and somewhere in the loading screen my game just decides to commit suicide and not respond
Same here, it's very unfortunate. Thankfully we can write up reports on the support site and hope they can fix this for future flights.

For me, I thought it may have to do with using Windows 7 64 bit, but apparently its happening for people on Windows 8 and 10 as well. Hopefully they address the issue in a future flight; and maybe for those who couldn't even play in this current flight at all, are given another chance to at least play the game and help locate any additional bugs in the future.
The game runs very clean, even on my laptop that's a couple years old. My only problem is with the graphics.

On minimum, my computer is stuttering. I love that the game looks perfect, but I would still enjoy more in depth options and changes even if it changes how it looks.

The only major bugs I've encountered were the tab-out bug and the controller bugs. The other one I've had is hitting too few frames, the game crashes and freezes to my screen.
Mentioned that on the support page yet? How's that side going?
Definitely report that on support.halowaypoint.com. Big ol' bug needs squashing.
The only real bugs that have irked me are the UI features that aren't quite working. Otherwise, very fun. Heroic Firefight can be annoying, lol.
My experience thus far has been very good. The game feels crisp and smooth in the moment to moment combat and the menus and interface feel very easy to navigate. I have not played a ton of PC games or a ton of PC FPS but this sample *feels* like it was made for PC. Visually the game is super impressive, I am surprised at how good it actually looks with the updated resolutions and the removal of film-grain. The only issues I had were a couple of crashes but the steam client would boot right back up and I would be back in the action before I knew it!
The only real bugs that have irked me are the UI features that aren't quite working. Otherwise, very fun. Heroic Firefight can be annoying, lol.
haha I was STRUGGLING! My lack of PC FP skill was on full display. Excited to continue to learn "how" to play FPS games well on PC though.
Nice to hear that Fireflight has been generally well received, hopefully we get MCC PC by the end of the year.
What is the range of performance? I’ve heard some integrated cards can’t even load the game, but others were surprised that their cards were at 60 frames.
Anyone have around a GTX 860m?
No real gameplay changes from the original Xbox 360 version, but the visuals are 100 times better. I have encountered a few minor bugs and had one or two crashes, but other than that the game has worked perfectly. Heroic Firefight can get very hard on some maps.
haha I was STRUGGLING! My lack of PC FP skill was on full display. Excited to continue to learn "how" to play FPS games well on PC though.
Dude same! Firefight arcade is mad fun though
Surprisingly smooth. Enjoying it so far.

Not sure if there are any SEA servers (the few I connected had US West pop up) but there wasn't any noticeable lag.
Surprisingly smooth. Enjoying it so far.

Not sure if there are any SEA servers (the few I connected had US West pop up) but there wasn't any noticeable lag.
They may be using the same servers as the XBMCC to help test their server side for both PC and Xbox. From what I can find(which wasn't much) there is an Australian server so that may be the connection point.
I made a small gameplay video of Arcade Firefight. Hope you guys enjoy. The audio quality gets a little garbage about 7 minutes in so just turn it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5SCAo9XMc&t=748s
Even though I wasn't using an Xbox controller, It still felt like I was playing Reach again. I ran into a few bugs but even then, this pre-release alpha build was more polished than what some developers are calling good enough to ship (looking at you, Bethesda).
Man, it's so awesome reading all about how good the game looks and feels. MCC Reach is going to be so freaking fun! I figure all the jaggies will be gone from both PC and Xbox, but did you guys find any situations where jaggies were noticeable?

Also, good to hear there's no film grain. I get that artists put that in to convey a specific type of feeling, but I find it takes away from the "natural" look of the universe.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2