Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] How is Halo added to your steam library

OP TheCoopster7105

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am just wondering how is Halo added to your steam library.
Sort of depends on what your asking.

How can you access the game right now?
You can't, flighting emails will tell you if you get in. otherwise the game will be launching sometime in the next 6+ months(just a guess, could be sooner or later).

How will the releases work, will I have separate games for reach, combat evolved, 2 and 3?
We don't know as of yet, but my guess is it will just be one MCC game that you Can play any campaign or multiplayer on.

How will it work for the insider previews?
IDK but someone who got in to the first flight might.

Any chance you could be more specific?
Desmond373 wrote:
Sort of depends on what your asking.

How can you access the game right now?
You can't, flighting emails will tell you if you get in. otherwise the game will be launching sometime in the next 6+ months(just a guess, could be sooner or later).

How will the releases work, will I have separate games for reach, combat evolved, 2 and 3?
We don't know as of yet, but my guess is it will just be one MCC game that you Can play any campaign or multiplayer on.

How will it work for the insider previews?
IDK but someone who got in to the first flight might.

Any chance you could be more specific?
I mean when you get into a flight does it just appear in your library or do you have to go to the game page.
From what i saw of flight 1 when you are selected for a flight you get two e-mails.
1. Information about the flight.
2. a game key for steam which gets you the build to play.
As said above you get a steam key in one of the emails that puts the insider game in your library.
From my understanding, the E-Mail that tells you that you are in a flight will contain a Steam game key. You would redeem this key through Steam, and this will download the flight.
I am just basing this off what I have seen though, someone who was in Flight One would have a better idea.
And for the full game? It's gonna be titled as "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" but since each game is coming out individually, I'm going to guess that they'll be released as DLC on Steam, and I bet you can install/uninstall whichever game you want
Glitch0501 wrote:
And for the full game? It's gonna be titled as "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" but since each game is coming out individually, I'm going to guess that they'll be released as DLC on Steam, and I bet you can install/uninstall whichever game you want
Yeah I thought the same,it's one title, Halo: MCC and when you start it you can choose the game, first Halo: Reach then later other "episodes" will be active to choose if you'll buy them,
You can add it as soon as it's released, or you are invited to a flight.
I was wondering how that was going to work with the flighting but getting the key through email makes a lot of sense
I would imagine that it will work like any other game on steam where you will buy it and then it's in your library
You are going to get a gamekey attached to an email if you are accepted into a flight most likely
You will receive a key.
As far as I can tell with Steam...anyone gaining 'instant' access will be the sort that work very closely with 343i so basically internally while generally most people will probably get access via code due to the way Steamworks handles these type of systems.
So what are the chances of getting a key? is it like really high or really low or in the middle?
So what are the chances of getting a key? is it like really high or really low or in the middle?
Quite low right now. The first flight had <1000 people, the second one should have 20x that number. We don't know exactly how many participants there are, however, but it seems to be a lot.
Quite low right now. The first flight had <1000 people, the second one should have 20x that number. We don't know exactly how many participants there are, however, but it seems to be a lot.
Thank you for your reply good sir.. Just joined this.. Im glad to see it has friendly people in it Well if thats the case i wish you luck in getting a key
I have a flight invitation but no steam key, what can I do for a steam key?
Does the invitation email say that you're invited to participate via Steam or via the Microsoft Store?
If it's the former, you should have received two emails so check make sure to check spam/junk folders.
If it's the latter, you won't receive a Steam key - you'll only be able to access it via the Microsoft Store and Xbox Insider Hub app.
Does the invitation email say that you're invited to participate via Steam or via the Microsoft Store?
If it's the former, you should have received two emails so check make sure to check spam/junk folders.
If it's the latter, you won't receive a Steam key - you'll only be able to access it via the Microsoft Store and Xbox Insider Hub app.
Now I get it, I'm only invited for the ms insider, ty.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2