Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

How to connect to a preferred server?

OP Igni von Eredin

Is there a way to connect to a preferred server that isn't on the other side of the planet? Every time the game connects me to a server that is very far away, I get inconsistencies with registration due to distance-related lag. This is especially noticeable in grifball where on my screen it always looks like I get killed before someone attacks with the gravity hammer or with the energy sword from a distance which wouldn't result in any hits.

When I do connect to my preferred server and see someone lagging, it becomes apparent pretty quickly that the other person is connecting from far away and is probably seeing what can be described as unfair deaths due to lag.

This problem, among others, hurts whatever fun there is left in this game and it's not a surprise that more and more people are leaving. If this feature isn't implemented soon then the game might have an even higher chance of encountering low population numbers, resulting in long matchmaking queues or possibly less physical servers.
Is there a way to connect to a preferred server that isn't on the other side of the planet? Every time the game connects me to a server that is very far away, I get inconsistencies with registration due to distance-related lag. This is especially noticeable in grifball where on my screen it always looks like I get killed before someone attacks with the gravity hammer or with the energy sword from a distance which wouldn't result in any hits.

When I do connect to my preferred server and see someone lagging, it becomes apparent pretty quickly that the other person is connecting from far away and is probably seeing what can be described as unfair deaths due to lag.

This problem, among others, hurts whatever fun there is left in this game and it's not a surprise that more and more people are leaving. If this feature isn't implemented soon then the game might have an even higher chance of encountering low population numbers, resulting in long matchmaking queues or possibly less physical servers.
No, because 343 have zero clue how to ship an actual game in 2019.

Ridiculous.
Not officially yet but you can block servers. Tommy Kost on YouTube can show you

XBOX
https://youtu.be/wie5KZSlr4Y

PC
https://youtu.be/VRwAMSTZSYM