Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

[Locked] How to report toxic players?

OP Y4nni X3nobia

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Spoiler:
Show
Honestly tho has no one is this thread ever reported someone through XBL? Cause YES you can report people for derogatory and racist language. For pc the easiest way would be to hit win+g to open the game bar, open the social menu(where it shows your friends list) search for the person's gamertag on the top of the social menu, open their full profile which might open up a new window and from there you find the report/block option. /thread
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Spoiler:
Show
own4g3byme wrote:
How so? Is racism and bigotry okay in online gaming and society in general? Please elaborate on your answer.
Mute them and move on with your life... there is no need for the self vindication of reporting some one beyond that. If needed a system where MM avoids grouping you with that player would be best.
Its funny when they're rage typing. I mean who has the time to type XD when the supposed to be doing the objective
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
It would seem that your solution for encountering racism or bigoted behaviour is ... To be racist or bigoted back, which is pretty sad and pathetic. To imply one is not acting like an adult by standing up against such behaviour is pretty backwards and a poor case of projection, as resorting to such behaviour to begin with is childish in the extreme.

Standing up for racism and bigotry, no matter the context, is a lame hill to choose to die on, because it is entirely indefensible, no matter where you're from or where you live.
Mute them and move on with your life... there is no need for the self vindication of reporting some one beyond that. If needed a system where MM avoids grouping you with that player would be best.
Indeed I agree with you there about a grouping system, however whilst that might be the best solution, there would still need to be in-game reporting functionality, otherwise how would the system know how to group those kinds of people together?
Indeed I agree with you there about a grouping system, however whilst that might be the best solution, there would still need to be in-game reporting functionality, otherwise how would the system know how to group those kinds of people together?
... it doesn't you just select don't group me with him and it doesn't group you with him

Spoiler:
Show
Report people for using racial slurs and being bigots on a FPS multiplayer video game, real shocker people use thick skin jokes or are just cold like that. If you're really this new to online gaming you have bigger issues then what people say on em. Banning every single person just cause they cuss or say something you don't like isn't the way to go about it. There is a reason why muting/blocking is a thing.

Spoiler:
Show
Are you telling me to accept other players being racists and bigots in online games?

Edit: Ah, I see you have gone silent. I wonder why?
I know I'm late to the party but in the real world there's no mute or report button. Either spit back and have some fun shittalking or mute them. Those are your options. You don't need big daddy 343 to come to your rescue whenever someone says some words you dont like
Hamel wrote:
Are you telling me to accept other players being racists and bigots in online games?

Edit: Ah, I see you have gone silent. I wonder why?
I know I'm late to the party but in the real world there's no mute or report button. Either spit back and have some fun shittalking or mute them. Those are your options. You don't need big daddy 343 to come to your rescue whenever someone says some words you dont like
Funny thing about that is that I have not encountered racism nor bigotry in real life on nowhere near the scale that I have on Halo games. In real life I'm not racist nor bigoted towards those who are themselves. Your proposed solution of being racist or bigoted towards others who are themselves is sad. Racism is not just "words you don't like". Bigotry is not just "words you don't like".

The sheer amount of people outing themselves as racists and bigots on here would be staggering, but I played on Xbox Live back in the day so I cannot say I am really surprised.

Quote:
UnevenCow277396 Wrote:Its in the safe space menu make sure you enable the thought police option.
I see you're another one of the odd ones who made an account just to post that. How very strange. There's a difference between "thought police" and "banning people screaming racist and bigoted insults all match". One is the implication that thoughts are being policed, which is odd since thoughts are generally expressed in one's head. The other is banning those who scream racism or other bigotry down their mic, which is expressing those thoughts verbally (or rather in screaming). Racism and bigotry is not okay, and to imply that it is makes you pretty sad, especially because you chose a hill like that to die on.

Quote:
BiggieSteals Wrote:Report people for using racial slurs and being bigots on a FPS multiplayer video game, real shocker people use thick skin jokes or are just cold like that. If you're really this new to online gaming you have bigger issues then what people say on em. Banning every single person just cause they cuss or say something you don't like isn't the way to go about it. There is a reason why muting/blocking is a thing.
I love it when people make poor assumptions, especially when it is literally their only post on these forums ever. I'm not new in the slightest, banning people would go some way towards making the online community far less toxic, hence there being a report function in pretty much every recent AAA PC multiplayer release. Reminder: Racism is not just "words you don't like", and neither is bigotry, it is weird how people try to reduce it down to that. Is it true that "Gamers(TM)" are so racist and bigoted that they cannot even see it themselves?

Fun fact: You cannot block another player via the menus in-game, at least not on the Steam version, which was kind of my point too.

Quote:
HyperX Lefty Wrote:You are right keep telling me, a minority, what I should or shouldnt be offended by. I have never met someone who actually cared about what was said on a video game. Its either ignored or people -Yoink- talk back. Your a sad sad excuse for a man.
And you keep on doing the same, which makes you quite the hypocrite. I get it, some people think it is their right to use the microphone to use racist and other bigoted language and everyone should just have to put up with it. But that is not being an adult, that is being a racist and/or bigot, no matter how you try to dress it up.
No one has to "just deal" or "put up" with toxic behavior. Y4nni X3nobia in the future just report the player on XBL, since they have to have an account regardless of if they're playing on Steam or Xbox. From there they will be investigated. In the meantime feel free to mute and/or block them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3