Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

I’m uneasy about the halo on pc thing

OP edey0208

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This is my opinion so don’t get mad at me if I somehow by some chance of 99/100 I offend you.

Ever sense I heard of Halo on Pc I’ve been a bit in easy about it. But that has been dormant in my head for the past couple months, until I saw a comment about halo esports on Pc. Now I believe that Halo should be on Pc but putting Halo esports is like a kick to the curb to Xbox ( the main reason we have Halo the way it is in the first place) and another reason for the pc gamers to call us console peasants.
so can the Xbox version of Halo be the one on esports and have something that the Pc doesn’t, because Halo is the face of Xbox. Thanks for reading my paragraph on something everyone will attack.

Edit: after reading the comments I found that the forum I posted, or the people who keep on hitting my phone call it, "a thread" was hard to under stand or got the wrong idea about it. So if you boil it down and crank it in a nutshell I'm basically saying that I don't want the Xbox to be left in the dust or "kicked to the curb" So that's about it, thanks for reading, Oh yeah and before I forget this is not a troll
edey0208 wrote:
This is my opinion so don’t get mad at me if I somehow by some chance of 99/100 I offend you.
...
Thanks for reading my paragraph on something everyone will attack.
Hmm ... the Facebook effect?

edey0208 wrote:
Ever sense I heard of Halo on Pc I’ve been a bit in easy about it. But that has been dormant in my head for the past couple months, until I saw a comment about halo esports on Pc. Now I believe that Halo should be on Pc but putting Halo esports is like a kick to the curb to Xbox ( the main reason we have Halo the way it is in the first place) and another reason for the pc gamers to call us console peasants
...
In a way it's actually sort of reassuring because it may imply two completely separate communities (assuming eSports on both). Having relatively recently moved from PC to console i would *not* like to go up against players *all* on keyboard and mouse, so separate communities sounds good to me.

Also i have *never* referred to anyone as a "console peasant" nor heard it said in over 20 years on PC.
I dont really see that as being any form of issue for personally im against exclusiveness of games in general & think it's a form of product that people should be able to enjoy in a style that they prefer.

As in people should get the option of which platform they choose to play certain games on to fit their personal priorities in a best way possible, somewhat along consoles usually having easy platform for irl social gaming sessions while PC usually better focuses on higher settings & online multiplayer.

Games should be enjoyable form of product with various choices regarding their platform & not just a bait to hook players into buying their platform.

Halo having E-sports on PC I would see as minor (if any form of) issue & having the age old namecalling wont really change in major way from that.
Though if someone takes "platform war" as serious business I personally wont think much of them anymore in regards of that particular subject.
The way I see that, people have different priorities when it comes to gaming & currently, different platforms cater better to different forms of priorities.

Though that is my opinion as a hybrid gamer (multi-platform).
Listen, some name calling and "the face of xbox" is not reason enough to stop halo esports being on PC, end of the day MS owns Halo and they will do whatever seems most beneficial for them and their IP, bringing it to PC after so many people have been asking for it for so many years is a good move and allowing Halo esports to move to PC is another very beneficial move, PC esports is generally a better place to be rather than console esports for various reasons, one of these being a larger audience for PC esports which will bring more advertising and most likely more sponsors and more, to want it to remain on console for such small reasons is just outright narrow sighted and childish if nothing else.
I think they should try to keep the platforms on the same level as much as possible. Crossplay for campaign, firefight, forge, and customs should 100% be included as there isn’t a competitive disadvantage for those game modes. But also for competitive halo they need to try to promote a scene for both. But at the end of the day, the pc version is the timeless version that can live on indefinitely without being bound to any sort of hardware, so that is where any special treatment, if any is given, should be placed.
Halo as an esport has been a colossal failure. The only reason why Halo 2 was so successful in terms of viewership is simply because esports in general was still in its infancy and there was literally nothing else to watch. Ever since, viewership/interest declined after every new Halo game came out.

Want to know why? Because nobody wants to watch a game where players are handicapped (using a controller) and then on top of that given aim assist. Its simply not enjoyable to watch.
I sort of agree with you? I'm more of a compromising mindset for this; I don't think either platform should be essentially kicked off of ESports, because I think both experiences bring something different to the table. It's like the difference between Minecraft speed-runs, one with a random seed and the other with a chosen seed. Both have a community of people that enjoy them. All-in-all, what I'm trying to say is that I personally think Halo ESports should alternate it's tournaments, matches or whatever between PC and XBox. Let them both build up their own separate communities so that the MLG players of Halo can go into the field they prefer. Then from there we can see which ESport is more popular.

Either way I can assure you, I don't think it's any reason to be intimidated by Halo on PC. Even in the sad scenario of Xbox being left out of ESports, I'm sure the competitive scene on XBox will still be strong with all the OG fans who prefer it. I think everyone just needs to accept that there will be plenty of people that prefer Halo on PC, as well as plenty of people that prefer it on XBox, and my personal belief is that anyone who gets upset at either being on the competitive scene over the other is a little selfish.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
edey0208, your post made on A original Xbox question :
edey0208 wrote:
vengeant wrote:
Rather ironically the reason it is relatively unused is that i started playing Halo CE on PC ... :-/
and that's what I'm worried about
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/i%e2%80%99m-uneasy-about-the-halo-on-pc-thing/0a2360a5-875e-457c-a127-7fcaa47734ee/posts?page=1#post4
... and yet here i am playing Halo on xbox...
I believe that given their recent business choices (making all of their exclusives available on PC, making game pass available on PC, etc.), they are in the process of merging the console and PC communities. I don't really see a problem with cross play, even for competitive modes. Anyone using mouse and keyboard will obviously have a major advantage over people using a controller. I can't imagine that the next gen console will not ship with full mouse/keyboard support. If people want to play on console with controllers, they will do poorly in competitive, just like current PC players that play with a controller do. The truth of the matter is that there are hardware advantages to competitive play on both platforms, even independent of each other without cross play.
I don't personally think there is much of a problem.

Just so you know my bias, i started on console with the ps2 then the xbox360 and then PC.

While it may be a difficult transition I think Microsoft is doing the right thing by consumers. It expands the Xbox community to PC as well meaning you can play with more people and have something in common between console and PC, while also allowing Xbox to champion cross play as an advantage of buying the Xbox system.

Some people don't want a PC for gaming and that's good. they enjoy themselves on the couch playing, instead of in a computer chair. Its still the best way to play with groups of friends and works well as a simple media solution.

As for competitive, I can see it taking a bit of a back seat, but I don't this that should be much of a concern. The same game is being played on both systems its just the controls that are different. I'm sure the competitive scene for Xbox will still hang around but PC is simply the best place for accurate aiming and fast reactions, which is most of what FPS is about. You can still be an amazing console player, it just wont be the highest possible achievement.

As for people who use the term console peasant, they're somehow worse than the people waving exclusivity as a virtue of consoles. They aren't worth your time(just don't dignify them with a response).

As for being afraid of the move hurting xbox, I think it can only Improve the features of the xbox. If people want to be more competitive then they may add mouse support. hell they could add mouse support with joystick walking which would make the Xbox better than PC in the input department. They might also focus of getting some higher frame rates and reduced input lag.

Its natural to be afraid of change or worried about its consequences, and that's good. It sharpens decision making and forces you to look at and analyze a situation. Keep at it and post or keep ideas you come up with. You never know when those ideas might be useful to the community or the Devs.

tl;dr: competition promotes growth and new ideas and rarely kills competitors.
I just hope I get into the next flight... I do not know how large the pool is for entry, but I am itching to try it... Signed up and got no invites. :(
OP's reasoning is beyond absurd. I can't make sense of it at all.

Halo is on PC and it's a good thing.
This post is so damn troll lol.

Come on OP, you don't make any arguments, you just say you don't think Xbox Esports should be kicked to the curb. In all reality it has been. Not because of Halo leaving but because Xbox hasn't had anything other than Halo that brought in a real audience to watch.

Also, the only people that say console peasant are the ones either meming or making fun of the kid trying to say Xbox or PS is better than PC because reasons.
I have absolutely zero issue with this. I do all my gaming on PC and opnly keep my xbox around for Halo, so when it comes to Steam maybe I can finally ditch it and grab a PS4
Gimp the PC version so you can feel better? No.
Hamel wrote:
I have absolutely zero issue with this. I do all my gaming on PC and opnly keep my xbox around for Halo, so when it comes to Steam maybe I can finally ditch it and grab a PS4
PS4 exclusives are sooooo good. I highly recommend.
-Yoink- Xbox.
I understand your concerns regarding the possible decline of Xbox based Halo esports, but i disagree. Personally I think having it added on PC will be a boon to the Halo franchise as a whole, and if done right may even foment a fun rivalry between the PC and Xbox halo esport players and fans. Anything that draws more people to the franchise will benefit Xbox and PC both.

Dont forget that there were plenty of Halo PC competitive gamers with fan run competitions despite the lack of an official PC based league long before the recent MLG/343 hints were dropped without any detriment to the official league or Xbox itself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2