Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

If You have the MCC before do you get it for PC?

OP spacejoe93

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So, If your releasing it for PC and that players who moved to PC want to play it but have it on console already (like xbox one not xbox 360) will players who own the MCC before release receive the game for free but have to pay for the other campaigns as there being rolled out? or do they have to shell out full price for another copy of a game that they already own?

just kinda wondering because if you do I think that its somewhat of a dumb move, because if you have to buy the game entirely again some players who already have the game wont pay because they wont likely want to pay for a full priced game that they already own.

my opinion but it seems like a valid point
unfortunately players that bought the MCC on xbox paid for just that: the xbox game. Nothing else was promised and likely nothing else will be given.
spacejoe93 wrote:
So, If your releasing it for PC and that players who moved to PC want to play it but have it on console already (like xbox one not xbox 360) will players who own the MCC before release receive the game for free but have to pay for the other campaigns as there being rolled out? or do they have to shell out full price for another copy of a game that they already own?

just kinda wondering because if you do I think that its somewhat of a dumb move, because if you have to buy the game entirely again some players who already have the game wont pay because they wont likely want to pay for a full priced game that they already own.

unfortunately players that bought the MCC on xbox paid for just that: the xbox game. Nothing else was promised and likely nothing else will be given.
Feel like it also comes down to if it's a PlayAnywhere title or not. If it is a PlayAnywhere title then they'd have no choice really, whereas the way they're launching it incrementally implies it won't be.

All games on XBox and windows at the moment that I know of are either PlayAnywhere and you buy one copy across platforms or you buy separate copies on each platform but there are separate achievement lists
spacejoe93 wrote:

Maybe will be in game pass for both
If MCC becomes a Play Anywhere title due to release on both Xbox One AND PC, as well as being first party, then it will be free on PC through the Windows Store if you own it digitally on your Xbox One.

It's hit and miss if it will be though. It was stated that ALL 1st party games will be Play Anywhere titles going forward (which started a year or so ago), but there's a gray area where this isn't a NEW title per-sé, but IS new to the PC platform. Typically releases for new titles that are Play Anywhere happen simultaneously.....so I guess it depends on how Microsoft wants to handle this title specifically.
If MCC becomes a Play Anywhere title due to release on both Xbox One AND PC, as well as being first party, then it will be free on PC through the Windows Store if you own it digitally on your Xbox One.

It's hit and miss if it will be though. It was stated that ALL 1st party games will be Play Anywhere titles going forward (which started a year or so ago), but there's a gray area where this isn't a NEW title per-sé, but IS new to the PC platform. Typically releases for new titles that are Play Anywhere happen simultaneously.....so I guess it depends on how Microsoft wants to handle this title specifically.
MorseyBaby wrote:
spacejoe93 wrote:

Feel like it also comes down to if it's a PlayAnywhere title or not. If it is a PlayAnywhere title then they'd have no choice really, whereas the way they're launching it incrementally implies it won't be.

All games on XBox and windows at the moment that I know of are either PlayAnywhere and you buy one copy across platforms or you buy separate copies on each platform but there are separate achievement lists
It makes sense if it becomes play anywhere than it should likely be free but if they have it to be seperate and its like a $20 buy in cost than it would make sense.
spacejoe93 wrote:

MorseyBaby wrote:
spacejoe93 wrote:

It makes sense if it becomes play anywhere than it should likely be free but if they have it to be seperate and its like a $20 buy in cost than it would make sense.
Even if it's Play Anywhere, we'd still have to pay for Reach's Campaign & Firefight as an add-on, which would be perfectly acceptable.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Xbox Play Anywhere!
Even tho I prob end up buying it from steam as well.
Hoping that this releases for the Windows 10 Store as play anywhere, and that it's cross-platform with Steam version. That would be a lot of goodwill toward the players who have already bought the game on Xbox.
LarsBars wrote:
Hoping that this releases for the Windows 10 Store as play anywhere, and that it's cross-platform with Steam version. That would be a lot of goodwill toward the players who have already bought the game on Xbox.
My gut instinct is:

Steam and MS Store Windows PC versions will both have crossplay between each other.

Whether there is crossplay between PC and XBox One at launch is a far bigger question. It may well come eventually (especially as the Keyboard and Mouse support for XBox One improves) but have doubts if it will be there from day 1.

Halo Wars 2 launched as Play Anywhere with no crossplay which was added later of course
I really hope it's Play Anywhere. If it's not, I at least wish for my nameplates and stats to transfer over.
MorseyBaby wrote:
LarsBars wrote:
My gut instinct is:

Steam and MS Store Windows PC versions will both have crossplay between each other.

Whether there is crossplay between PC and XBox One at launch is a far bigger question. It may well come eventually (especially as the Keyboard and Mouse support for XBox One improves) but have doubts if it will be there from day 1.

Halo Wars 2 launched as Play Anywhere with no crossplay which was added later of course
Oh I didn't realize that it was added after launch. That gives me hope for crossplay eventually!!
If you get it on steam no way, from the MS store maybe with play anywhere
I think if you have a digital copy of Halo: TMCC it will be available for free with Xbox Play Anywhere.
Hexic wrote:
I think if you have a digital copy of Halo: TMCC it will be available for free with Xbox Play Anywhere.
I'm in two minds:
  1. I'd really like to play the game 'fresh': new achievement list on PC to play from scratch. I wouldn't mind 'rebuying' the game to get that experience to properly get the sense of playing on PC
  2. Do I want to buy it again/will I play it enough exclusively on PC to warrant it?
I suppose it comes down to whether or not microsoft think the Venn diagram of people who already own MCC/subscribe to gamepass on Xbox has enough difference with the potential PC playerbase to make it worth their while giving us all a free copy of the PC version of the game.

From the way the forums have been set up for now... my guess is the games will be standalone to start with
If MCC gets added to the 'Xbox Play Anywhere' program, MCC will be on PC for free via the Windows Store if you own the Xbox version digitally.

With Steam, you have to buy it separately.
spacejoe if you watched the video it also showed the microsoft store so yes most llikely it will be a play anywhere
MorseyBaby wrote:
Hexic wrote:
I'm in two minds:
  1. I'd really like to play the game 'fresh': new achievement list on PC to play from scratch. I wouldn't mind 'rebuying' the game to get that experience to properly get the sense of playing on PC
  2. Do I want to buy it again/will I play it enough exclusively on PC to warrant it?
I suppose it comes down to whether or not microsoft think the Venn diagram of people who already own MCC/subscribe to gamepass on Xbox has enough difference with the potential PC playerbase to make it worth their while giving us all a free copy of the PC version of the game.

From the way the forums have been set up for now... my guess is the games will be standalone to start with
This could be the case but we don't know for sure yet.
Hexic wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Hexic wrote:
I'm in two minds:

Agreed Hopefully there'll be further information this weekend at SXSW
MorseyBaby wrote:
Hexic wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Hexic wrote:
I'm in two minds:

Agreed Hopefully there'll be further information this weekend at SXSW
Have you heard any rumors about how much information we will be getting tomorrow?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2